Christian Dior Couture Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Christian Dior Couture Président Directeur Général Sidney Toledano
Sidney Toledano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company to work for, amazing colleagues (in 10 reviews)

• L'impact de la marque sur le CV, un gros "plus" pour le prochain job (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Le rythme de travail est fatiguant au d (in 7 reviews)

1. "Senior Marketing Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Executive/Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Executive/Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a company like Christian Dior has its own perks. You get to work alongside with some of the smartest people in the industry, and you learn a lot from them.

Cons

Sometimes beauty industry could be repetitive. The promotion/event you do sometimes would be similar year after year.

Advice to Management

It is important to try different things from time to time.

2. "Boutique Manager"

Former Employee - Boutique Manager
    Former Employee - Boutique Manager

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Item of the year

Cons

Completely inflexible management and as is typical with corporate offices staffed by those who never worked in a boutique, management had no clue about what the client wanted.

Advice to Management

When results are down, look to yourselves.

3. "Dior boutique manager"

I have been working at Christian Dior Couture full-time

Pros

Flexibility, mobility, small company, beautiful product

Cons

Challenge to receive salary increases, poor company communication

4. "Counter Adminstrator"

I have been working at Christian Dior Couture full-time

Pros

Love the product, love the clients

Cons

Horrible commission structure. Requires a 24% increase over LY to earn 6% commission.

"Artist"

Former Employee - Make Up Artist in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Make Up Artist in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Christian Dior Couture part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the sales associates and artists are really nice to work with and once in a while you get products!

Cons

There is only a handful of good people! The regionals and management and executives higher than you will treat you like crap work you like crap talk to you like crap! I have made my goals almost every day and had a handful of goals that I did not make up with the rest of the artists and they will pick on you and they favor others regardless of the numbers! They are jealous devious and they play favoritism! They are not professional with their scheduling they expect you to drop everything a day before to work for them they are inconsistent I will never work for this company! Now I see why positions are always open they put so much stress on you and so much pressure for you to leave!i've been doing make up and hair and skin care for over 20 years and worked for many companies and never been treated so low by the higher management!

Advice to Management

Replace them get somebody that actually is kind to people and treat them with respect!

"Counter Manager"

Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful training with this company.

Cons

Promotions in this company requires a you to be part of the popularity contest. The majority of the promotions are hand selected before the opening becomes available.

Advice to Management

Take a harder look at hard work and passion before dismissing anyone that falls outside what is deemed to be " outside the box". Experience should never be discounted.

"The only thing decent is the pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

One of the top leaders in regards to pay and benefits within the high-end retail world. The stores are very nice and full of beautiful goods. Beyond this, there literally are no other pros to working for this company.

Cons

I can't speak on behalf of the company as a whole, as most of what I am expressing here is pertaining to issues I've experienced at my particular store, and more specifically, with that store's head manager. For the sake of anonymity I'm not going to specify any details of myself, the location of my store, or of my boss. I will just state that it's a free-staring Christian Dior Couture Boutique. Now, on to the numerous cons: A horrible associate discount, no work/life balance; I've worked 50-60 hour work weeks, every week, for six months straight, yet due to bad/lacking training coupled with unrealistic expectations from store and upper management, I can still never get caught up. The store is made up of rude and unprofessional management and sales associates who have the mentality of teenagers; they cry (literally and often) when a problem arises, and as a result, instead of management being straight forward and correcting the issue, some of the associates get coddled like children; this is solely because they generate huge amounts of sales for the company; in other words, if you're a top sales associate you can basically get away with whatever you want. Upper management and store management give employees unrealisitc goals in regards to sales goals and other tasks. The training program for new managers is almost non existent and does not continue--you're left to basically fend for yourself with no clear expectations set forth by store management. Often you get told you're doing a bad job with something even though store management is seriously lacking when it comes to outlining clear and concise expectations. Store management seems to make up rules as they go along, leading to frequent bouts of miscommunication with staff, which leads to management unfairly (and almost always in an unprofessional manner) disciplining staff. Alternatively, unless you're one of those top generating sales associates, you never get anything close to positive reinforcement.

I've worked in high-end fashion retail in both sales and management roles for over 20 years and I have never in my life worked for a store manager as unprofessional as the one I currently work for. Words cannot even describe the juxtaposition of this person's crass unprofessional behavior towards their management staff coupled with the lax, babying unprofessional behavior their favorite employees receive. Oh, and if you enjoy being berated for something you "messed up on" in front of other employees, you'll love working at this store. As a non-salaried manger I'm prohibited, per company policy, from accessing my work email from my phone or from home. This is (I'm assuming, but the details in the handbook are vague) due to the company not wanting non-salaried employees working off of the clock. How does my store manager handle this? By constantly (and I mean almost several times daily) sending me work related, work required NOW, text messages, phone calls, and emails all to my personal phone/email. If I don't respond I get in trouble. If I do respond I'm (along with my manager) breaking company policy, not to mention Federal Labor Laws which prohibit non-salaried employees from working off of the clock. If I were salaried or if this were an occasional occurrence I'd take no issue with it. However, this type of thing happens before and after I've left the store and on my days off, as I previously stated, almost every day and sometimes as late as 11 at night.

I've brought up all of this issues with my manager before in a formal meeting. My thoughts either get immediately (and of course in a rude, unprofessional manner) get shot down or I get a vague answer--sometimes I don't even get an answer, rather just an ambiguous sort of half nod. I have no idea what to think about my manager, other that they're literally a crazy person. I really don't think other Christian Dior locations are like the one I work at.

Advice to Management

Read every con I've written and fix these issues. You have a store manager, who for the most part may be running a profitable store, but lacks the professionalism paramount to successfully growing a businesses by way of employee retention. Upper management needs to provide more oversight to their store managers to make sure that their employees are happy and being treated fairly.

8. "Job Review"

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for a great manager and with a wonderful team, however I know this varies from store to store.

Cons

Pay-not commensurate with the hours one in my position would work.
    Demands/Expectations from clients.

Advice to Management

Adequately pay the people that "take it from here", the people that take over once the sale is complete.

9. "Former Employee"

Pros

Salary plus commission, good benefits, beautiful product, great seasonal training, open communication with corporate/buying staff.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement on the retail side of things. Management felt pressure to reach goals in a struggling retail environment, which was passed down on to sales staff

10. "AWESOME COMPANY"

Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Lancaster, TX
    Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Lancaster, TX

I worked at Christian Dior Couture part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with this company! The flexibility was wonderful and I enjoyed working with different people. The Dior line is phenomenal and it sells itself!

Cons

Management wasnt too great. There should be more opportunities for hands on training. I would also suggest more communication between management and artist would be great!

Advice to Management

Better communication and more training opportunities.