Christian Dior Couture Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christian Dior Couture Président Directeur Général Sidney Toledano
Sidney Toledano

Pros
  • Great company to work for, amazing colleagues (in 9 reviews)

• L'impact de la marque sur le CV, un gros "plus" pour le prochain job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Les conditions de travail peuvent s'av (in 3 reviews)

1. "Senior Marketing Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Executive/Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Executive/Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a company like Christian Dior has its own perks. You get to work alongside with some of the smartest people in the industry, and you learn a lot from them.

Cons

Sometimes beauty industry could be repetitive. The promotion/event you do sometimes would be similar year after year.

Advice to Management

It is important to try different things from time to time.

2. "Job Review"

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for a great manager and with a wonderful team, however I know this varies from store to store.

Cons

Pay-not commensurate with the hours one in my position would work.
    Demands/Expectations from clients.

Advice to Management

Adequately pay the people that "take it from here", the people that take over once the sale is complete.

3. "The only thing decent is the pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

One of the top leaders in regards to pay and benefits within the high-end retail world. The stores are very nice and full of beautiful goods. Beyond this, there literally are no other pros to working for this company.

Cons

I can't speak on behalf of the company as a whole, as most of what I am expressing here is pertaining to issues I've experienced at my particular store, and more specifically, with that store's head manager. For the sake of anonymity I'm not going to specify any details of myself, the location of my store, or of my boss. I will just state that it's a free-staring Christian Dior Couture Boutique. Now, on to the numerous cons: A horrible associate discount, no work/life balance; I've worked 50-60 hour work weeks, every week, for six months straight, yet due to bad/lacking training coupled with unrealistic expectations from store and upper management, I can still never get caught up. The store is made up of rude and unprofessional management and sales associates who have the mentality of teenagers; they cry (literally and often) when a problem arises, and as a result, instead of management being straight forward and correcting the issue, some of the associates get coddled like children; this is solely because they generate huge amounts of sales for the company; in other words, if you're a top sales associate you can basically get away with whatever you want. Upper management and store management give employees unrealisitc goals in regards to sales goals and other tasks. The training program for new managers is almost non existent and does not continue--you're left to basically fend for yourself with no clear expectations set forth by store management. Often you get told you're doing a bad job with something even though store management is seriously lacking when it comes to outlining clear and concise expectations. Store management seems to make up rules as they go along, leading to frequent bouts of miscommunication with staff, which leads to management unfairly (and almost always in an unprofessional manner) disciplining staff. Alternatively, unless you're one of those top generating sales associates, you never get anything close to positive reinforcement.

I've worked in high-end fashion retail in both sales and management roles for over 20 years and I have never in my life worked for a store manager as unprofessional as the one I currently work for. Words cannot even describe the juxtaposition of this person's crass unprofessional behavior towards their management staff coupled with the lax, babying unprofessional behavior their favorite employees receive. Oh, and if you enjoy being berated for something you "messed up on" in front of other employees, you'll love working at this store. As a non-salaried manger I'm prohibited, per company policy, from accessing my work email from my phone or from home. This is (I'm assuming, but the details in the handbook are vague) due to the company not wanting non-salaried employees working off of the clock. How does my store manager handle this? By constantly (and I mean almost several times daily) sending me work related, work required NOW, text messages, phone calls, and emails all to my personal phone/email. If I don't respond I get in trouble. If I do respond I'm (along with my manager) breaking company policy, not to mention Federal Labor Laws which prohibit non-salaried employees from working off of the clock. If I were salaried or if this were an occasional occurrence I'd take no issue with it. However, this type of thing happens before and after I've left the store and on my days off, as I previously stated, almost every day and sometimes as late as 11 at night.

I've brought up all of this issues with my manager before in a formal meeting. My thoughts either get immediately (and of course in a rude, unprofessional manner) get shot down or I get a vague answer--sometimes I don't even get an answer, rather just an ambiguous sort of half nod. I have no idea what to think about my manager, other that they're literally a crazy person. I really don't think other Christian Dior locations are like the one I work at.

Advice to Management

Read every con I've written and fix these issues. You have a store manager, who for the most part may be running a profitable store, but lacks the professionalism paramount to successfully growing a businesses by way of employee retention. Upper management needs to provide more oversight to their store managers to make sure that their employees are happy and being treated fairly.

5. "Former Employee"

Pros

Salary plus commission, good benefits, beautiful product, great seasonal training, open communication with corporate/buying staff.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement on the retail side of things. Management felt pressure to reach goals in a struggling retail environment, which was passed down on to sales staff

6. "AWESOME COMPANY"

Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Lancaster, TX
    Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Lancaster, TX

I worked at Christian Dior Couture part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with this company! The flexibility was wonderful and I enjoyed working with different people. The Dior line is phenomenal and it sells itself!

Cons

Management wasnt too great. There should be more opportunities for hands on training. I would also suggest more communication between management and artist would be great!

Advice to Management

Better communication and more training opportunities.

7. "sales rep"

Pros

it's a good experience on sales field

Cons

it's up to you if you like to sell fragrance

8. "Account executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products and benefits. That really is about it. Good education but no real program to on board new employees

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance! The negativity and pressure from regional mgmt. is unbearable. Expected to work all holidays. No other cosmetic brand is like this brand . They will work you to death and not care.

Advice to Management

The goals are ridiculous ! Positive feedback every once in a while would go a long way ... But I don't expect that to hanged soon

9. "Counter Manager / Make up Artist"

Former Employee - Counter Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Counter Manager in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Christian Dior Couture (Less than a year)

Pros

Product (make up) is great, enjoyed training classes and enjoyed transforming customers... giving them a new look

Cons

no support from coordinator and account executive

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to counter manager's requests

10. "Good team of people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with, high profile company, good job to put on a resume as a communication major.

Cons

Goal driven, fast past environment. Got to watch your numbers.

"Sales Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Christian Dior Couture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company invest on sales training than other luxury company. Offer product knowledge for a week when you just started the work, fur training, and so on. The greatest thing is their all categories buyers will come over to your store and provide knowledge about the new upcoming season merchandises and behind inspiration. The company focus on return client, so they will schedule your clientele time an hour per day. It is a great company to work with and learn from others and growth with the company.
    Yearly bonus system is extra paid to your pocket
    Quarterly bonus individual and store goals, and department goals

Cons

The only cons is the worst employee discount among all luxury brand.