KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Christie's CEO Guillaume Cerutti
Guillaume Cerutti

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and connections(in 90 reviews)
  • "Great mentors and colleagues.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Benefits is good and the people(in 40 reviews)
  • "The team is great and very supportive, christie’s is an incredible place to work at.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Many opportunities to challenge yourself by exploring various parts of the business(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "Salary is low and pay grades are not transparent(in 52 reviews)
  • "low pay at junior level but when you get up the com is fair and much more rewarding(in 51 reviews)
  • "Long hours and not fixed hours(in 23 reviews)
  • "Poor management with no listening to the team's suggestions.(in 23 reviews)
  • "No work life balance.(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Christie's and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 5, 2022 - OPs Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

There has been a lot of focus on improving company culture and work/life balance over the past few years.

Cons

As with any corporate company, change can sometimes be slow as new leadership, budget constraints, and general turnover occur. But progress is always being made and there is a lot of opportunity to contribute.

Christie's Response

Thank you for your lovely review!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unique, but low reward

Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always exciting, challenging, fast paced, good collaboration

Cons

Lack of compensation or rewards, growing teams, innovation

Christie's Response

Thank you for your 4 star review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy the exciting and fast paced nature of working at Christie’s. Christie’s always aim to provide a competitive compensation picture and offer a good benefits package to all our employees. Over the last few years Christie’s has cemented it’s place as one of the foremost leaders for innovation within the art market, ranging from adopting NFTs and cryptocurrency to our most recent Christie’s Ventures launch. We are committed to identifying and investing in pioneering digital opportunities that will drive forward strategic initiatives in the business and wider market.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

being an intern at christies

Aug 2, 2022 - Internship
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people and connections beautiful and famous art in-office cafeteria with coffee and tea machines

Cons

constant work overload especially during sales

Christie's Response

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review!

4. 3.0

2 year experience at Christie's

Aug 15, 2022 - Exhibition Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Creative and exciting place to work

Cons

poor diversity and inclusion initiatives

5. 4.0

Good company

Jul 22, 2022 - Busineess Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging environment and fast paced.

Cons

Not much room for growth.

Christie's Response

We are pleased to hear you enjoy the fast paced nature of Christie’s and would recommend working with us. Christie’s is committed to the professional development of its staff, whether that be through a wide range of training programmes delivered by our excellent Learning & Development Team or progressing to another role with us which are advertised on a weekly basis. We also offer a mentorship programme where more junior colleagues can be paired off with more experienced colleagues to help navigate their path; all employees are encouraged to reach out to their regional Recruitment Team should they have any queries or would request support on their career journey.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Probably not great for long-term career prospects

Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, great non-comp benefits

Cons

Expectation to put your all into the job without the potential for career advancement

Christie's Response

Thank you for your review. Our business is not the size where we are able to offer line of sight to give certainty of your longer term career trajectory, however we have a strong track record of promoting within, whether that be internal staff or interns, and we have developed a robust career path framework to try and give clarity to our employees on what their future within the company could look like. It is great to hear you enjoy the benefits package provided and the many different interesting aspects to your role.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Interesting, fast paced fun place to work

Jul 20, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unique interesting global environment with exposure to great art you'll see once in a lifetime

Cons

Lower comp compared to other industries, depending on your role

Christie's Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review, you never know what artwork you will find when you come into the office each day – it is definitely exciting!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice

Jul 19, 2022 - Clerk Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people and work

Cons

Bad people in high places

Christie's Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mis-Management

Jul 17, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, great art, decent work/life balance (in my area)

Cons

I am convinced that half the staff here wouldn't be able to hold down a job anywhere else. Strategic decisions in the new york office are very short-sighted. Entry level employees are worked to the bone and paid a pittance.

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. As a current employee, you are aware that we just completed our 2022 Employee Engagement survey and we will be addressing some of the themes you express below. We regularly review our compensation relative to the market and are committed to ensuring our staff our recognized and rewarded for their performance and hard work. Additionally, we are working on a library of new trainings and leadership and development courses to enhance the skills of all staff, with a particular focus on leadership and management skills.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Stay for the long term!

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are incredible and passionate about the art.

Cons

Can feel like a very political place to work in.

Christie's Response

Thank you for leaving us this review! Christie’s is proud of all our colleagues, we truly believe it is their passion that makes it an incredible place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 536 Reviews

Christie's Reviews FAQs

Christie's has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 833 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Christie's to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Christie's employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Christie's. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

77% of Christie's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Christie's 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Christie's to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Christie's Job Seekers