Chromalloy Gas Turbine Reviews in Carson City, NV | Glassdoor

Carson City, NV

3.6
Carlo Luzzatto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Co-workers nice, hard working people (in 6 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits and most employees were great to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and Upper management are unprofessional (in 9 reviews)

• higher ups are all looking to look for themselves (in 3 reviews)

1. "Human Resources Business Partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chromalloy is a very forward-thinking company. As all companies, we have our challenges, but unlike many - we are constantly working to improve. The team at the plant is a hard-working and talented group of people that I am proud to work with every day.

Cons

Growing, Global companies come with certain obstacles, we have our fair share but work together to constantly improve them.

Advice to Management

Keep prioritizing and acknowledging your greatest assets - people.

"No company loyalty"

Former Employee - Administration in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Administration in Carson City, NV

Pros

Good pay and benefits and most employees were great to work with. Hours worked for office personnel were good and rarely worked outside my normal hours.

Cons

Management only cares about management and most don't know what they are doing. Experience doesn't mean anything, they only want those with degrees. Once they started hiring only those with degrees knowledge went down hill fast. Typical corporate place to work. Only care about the bottom dollar they get to line their pockets with, don't care about the employees. Carlisle Group ruined this company.

Advice to Management

Know how to do the job and be willing to help when needed instead of sitting in your chair dictating orders. Treat your employees how you would want to be treated. It's called Management 101, learn it.

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aerospace Industry. Big facility. High Security.

Cons

Poorly mismanaged. Decentralized. No organizational chart. No chain of command. Different boss every month. Unorganized, huge lack of communication w/staff. Laid off 350 employees 3 years ago. No MRP/ERP system in Nevada. No management support. A lot of backstabbing, gossip, HUGE turnover rate and people were resigning in droves while I was employed there from February - July 2015. They terminate on the spot and many were being terminated. Financial/inventory problems. Arrogant and in major denial to truth about bad management/leadership, etc.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Do not just take someone's word(s) against another, get both sides of story. Respect your employees. Quit cutting peole's head's off (terminating) at a whim and destroying careers. Listen and quit being so hasty in decision making. Learn from your employees, way too much turnover. Morale is not good. People not happy with management at all or new Ownership.

"Great production staff, terrible upper management."

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Carson City, NV

Pros

I interned here for a little while as an Engineer. The engineering staff is great and seems to work really well and pretty close to the production workers. Pay was really good as well.

Cons

Upper management/HR seems to be on a completely different path than the rest of the company. I.E. at all hands meetings, the engineers would sit with the production employees while the rest of the salaried employees stood around with their arms crossed. It feels like the upper management thinks of everyone else as scumbags.

Advice to Management

Try and be more comforting to your employees. Don't let them out to dry. Investigate, don't assume.

"Horrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Manager in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Manager in Carson City, NV

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good, hard working people who are very good at their jobs.

Cons

High stress, high pressure, poor compensation for skilled professionals.

Advice to Management

Remember that people make the business.