Chromalloy Gas Turbine Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 23, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carlo Luzzatto

Pros
  • The team at the plant is a hard-working and talented group of people that I am proud to work with every day (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits and most employees were great to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Political Decisions being made in upper management resulting in over 5% in layoffs globally and employees currently being furloughed (in 7 reviews)

• How hard you work does not mean anything as to who would get laid off first either (in 4 reviews)

1. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing to positive
    Overtime, over work because not productive work flow method.

Cons

No culture value
    Act like an angel to only top level
    Treat new person with no respect and very rude
    Spending so much times for not important because doesn't know how to use computer software.
    Not good work flow, as result there are overtime happens. Doesn't take people opinion and very stubborn. Stressful environment.

Advice to Management

has more than 2 faces doing unproductive work flow not willing to adapt productive way to do work. As result, overtime happens.the company wasting money because she doesn't listen. Very rude no culture, team work.

"No company loyalty"

Former Employee - Administration in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Administration in Carson City, NV

Pros

Good pay and benefits and most employees were great to work with. Hours worked for office personnel were good and rarely worked outside my normal hours.

Cons

Management only cares about management and most don't know what they are doing. Experience doesn't mean anything, they only want those with degrees. Once they started hiring only those with degrees knowledge went down hill fast. Typical corporate place to work. Only care about the bottom dollar they get to line their pockets with, don't care about the employees. Carlisle Group ruined this company.

Advice to Management

Know how to do the job and be willing to help when needed instead of sitting in your chair dictating orders. Treat your employees how you would want to be treated. It's called Management 101, learn it.

"Bad decisions never end"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fellow employees were great to work with. The benefits were on par with other companies in the industry. When the work was there, it was fun.

Cons

The demands from the top down are the biggest problem. Divisions are forced to cut their own hands off to meet the goals of Corporate. Corporate has its hands tied by the expectations of the holding company. To meet these "goals", layoffs are frequent, and furloughs happen. In business, these are just band aids on gapping hole. Good employees are leaned on so heavily that they leave or just become so apathetic to the situation that they are no longer effective. The culture has eroded more over the last 2 years than ever before.

Advice to Management

Not much to say. Keep chasing your tail. One day you may finally bite it and figure out that you shouldn't have been chasing it to begin with.

"Run, don't look back"

Former Employee - Thermal Coating Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Thermal Coating Tech in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Some people who work there are decent, good people

Cons

Low pay, no room for growth, seniority doesn't apply, HR is horrible there more for the company and that's it, no assistance givin, thell hire a new person and pay them more and give them which ever shift they want and have audacity to have you train them, favoritism, drama, no stability or no motivation from any lead or supervisor, high turn over rate for all positions oleo please through the BS quick, don't fall for it keep away from this horrible originization, ask you to break your back working Christmas and don't give you or approve vacation

Advice to Management

Pay people what there worth treat people fair if a position opens up for a someone at a lower pay grade allows them the opportunity to grow instead of deny them option completely

"Chromalloy Belac llc"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Pros

stay away from this company nothing rewarding.

Cons

This company has no leadership what so ever. Team leaders are a joke they humiliate their workers never give them positive input no matter how hard you work. No incentive. don't plan to get any positive feed back. higher ups are all looking to look for themselves. Worst company I have ever worked for. No bonus, cheap health insurance, 401k is a joke. Company does not appreciate loyal hard working employees.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and acknowledged your experience and dedicated workers. Is so sad that here in Florida good workers are not value. Governor Scott needs to stop giving tax breaks to such companies.

"Company going under because of poor Executive decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Family oriented before the executive office fence, relaxed environment depending in what departments you are working in.

Cons

Political Decisions being made in upper management resulting in over 5% in layoffs globally and employees currently being furloughed. Executives being hired and corporate staff being layed off. This company used to be a great company to work for. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. HR is a joke. all they do is show you the door. You'd expect better from Director himself.

Advice to Management

Look after your employees. Many have families that are being layed off and have put in their hard work and effort to keep this company going.

"Horrible management"

Former Employee - Quality in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Quality in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great hard working people with families. There is opportunity to advance as long as you are willing to work a lot of hours, can promise to deliver what you will not have the opportunity to deliver and are willing to lie directly to your employees face without flinching. If you are willing to stamp off operations for FAA that have not been stamped off or performed you have achieved management status.

Cons

There are very few honest managers and expeditors at this location in Phoenix. Second shift management excels at forcing people to stamp off operations that have not been stamped or performed. This company fires and holds back the quality oriented employees who hold up parts for nonconformance of approved customer data. However the employees who move bad parts forward are rewarded as long as the customer doesn't realize that the parts they were shipped and certified to run on their passenger planes were actually not what the blueprint requires. There is a saying at Chromalloy Arizona frequently heard from engineers and their OEM and FAA inspectors.. "What's the worse that can happen.. they'll just send the parts back".. In truth the worse that could happen would be those parts go on the plane carrying my family. At Chromalloy Arizona you will learn that quantity is always over safety and quality. It's better to have a nice looking floor than functional or safe equipment. The employee reviews are graded 1-4 with 1 being the best. However we are told nobody gets a 1 unless you walk on water so the deck is stacked against you from the start. If that's not bad enough my last 2 supervisors admitted to being told by HR to lower our scores because they were being too generous. One of my coworkers who was awarded a perfect attendance award was given a 3 on attendance on that coworkers review.. The explanation for a 3 was that the coworker who works weekdays failed to volunteer on 2 weekends even though that coworker averages 59 hour a week.. The management here are cowards and bullies.. This place is a nightmare. Leaving here was the best thing I've done for years. There are very few happy employees here. They will even right you up for having a bad attitude because your unhappy they took our bonuses and raises away. They claim this is OneChromalloy.. however some Chromalloy are union and get raises but we dont.. They should change the name to.. SomeChromalloys..

Advice to Management

Advise to management? Well they already know everything as it is so... Wait I have an Idea.. fire everyone who has a desk that is not in the area they are in charge of. There is no reason a supervisor should not be setting or supervising their direct employees.. But mostly.. remember that your employees are the number 1 asset you have. I truly hope that Chromalloy Arizona does not reflect what the rest of this company does. The Emails from our CEO seem to contrast much differently than what is actually being done.

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice benefits and great shop floor people. Pay is a little below Phoenix market. OT makes up for it.

Cons

Leadership or lack of...The newest member is arrogant and doesn't have a clue how to run the shop. His previous employers walk him to the door. I think he's short lived for the organization. Instead of investing in the workforce, they intiminadate and use "required" OT to try a make the number. It also a revolving door...the wrong people are being let go. It's a shame, this was a great company. Leadership is driving into the ground.

Advice to Management

Time to clean house at the upper levels...we need leadership.

"How much longer will I have a job at CAZ, from the looks of it, the place is going down! What a shame!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not too many pros about this company..SADLY. Outside of having good coworkers, there isn't much good to be said about good 'ol CAZ!

Cons

This is a very difficult company to work for. Employees are absolutely not appreciated, in fact, I can't remember the last time I was thanked for all my hard work. Super discouraging. The HR department is completely unapproachable, and down right rude to people. They do not explain important things like benefits, they just mailed you a book and say good luck basically. And let's talk about the upper of management, they couldn't care less about his employees, he is unreasonable and demanding and doesn't want to hear the real reasons CAZ is in such a bad position. The newest member of management is arrogant, and not interested in what people have to say, suffering from major tunnel vision, and rude.
    The review process is not real or truthful. Hourly employees are not permitted to be given the best scores and forces supervisors to change it, .... A general consensus is that some management probably has no idea who some of these employees are, therefore should NOT be able to say how I preform MY job. As for salary people, they shouldn't be scored negatively if the shop doesn't meet their financial goals, I can bring you all the NPI you want, but we don't have the engineering staff to do anything with it. So that's completely unfair.
    There is no accountability in engineering, especially the OEM side, and there are not enough engineers, to handle the many problems of CAZ.

Advice to Management

Really need to treat your employees better, and realize that those people you haven't given a raise or bonus to in years, are the same people that bust their butts day in and day out, so Caz can be successful. 'Thank you' goes a long way. Try letting us know you appreciate us. When people have no incentives, they have nothing to look forward to. Don't tell me first or second quarter that we won't get raises or bonuses this year and still expect 110% out me, it won't happen. Buying desert for a pot luck? Let's be real, that's not appreciation. Stop expecting miracles, and get rid of the people that make 6 figures a year to never get up and do anything. As for cell 7, people who work 60-70 hours a week are not beneficial and lead to more problems. Give your people a break.
    Bottom line, RESPECT US.

"the most unrewarding job I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paychecks don't bounce. Some of my coworkers are cool and easy to get along with.

Cons

Upper management are all clowns, at all levels! No positive direction - the blind lead the blind; raises and bonuses are promised but never delivered; no career advancement opportunities; has turned into a spanish-speaking facility; ineffective problem solving; total lack of employee appreciation; the addition of a micro-managing hatchet man onsite 24/7; loss of ALL employee incentives, like parties and gift cards; unethical management practices.

Advice to Management

TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! Too much rework and not meeting delivery demands happen because your people no longer care.