Chrome River Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Chrome River President Nord Samuelson
Nord Samuelson
Pros
Cons
  • "Little vacation time, no 401k matching(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

"Nice place to work community and team work"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Chrome River full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice team work atmosphere. Good Benefits.

Cons

New Management took over and laid off core employees. Not sure where they are going from here

Chrome River2019-10-04

"Hands down one of the worst companies I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. I have made some life long friends and professional relationships.

Cons

Horrible management/managers Spread too thin. Management restructuring and reorg'ing in a bubble. NO collaboration between teams Support team is always the last to know Constant release related issues Product team has horrible communication ZERO useful training Horrible customer experience Software is too customizable making it impossible to support Doesn't know how to say NO to customers and take a... stance of being the SME of the software Horrible delivery in price increase and also horrible communication out to customers about starting to charge for everything. Support and Configuration teams are under staffed and overworked Implementation takes too long Too slow to make decisions on bettering things for the employees Very low morale and management does not seem to care A lot of good people are leaving by attrition and management does not care Not enough useful tools to do your job efficiently and effectively DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! It was the worst decision I ever made.

Advice to Management

Chrome River was never the best place ever. There were a lot of things that needed to be changed, however since K1 Investments have taken over the company has gone from not that great to HORRIBLE. Listen to your people who are in the trenches every day. You are losing some very valuable people and you don't seem to care. Not everything is about making money. Try building software that isn't a house of cards for... our customers. Try putting some more effort into building a better customer experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean be a complete push over to your customers.

Chrome River2019-11-06

"Positive outlook"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

With change comes opportunity. There have been some mixed feelings since new management has come in, however I’m confident in the direction the company is taking. Good culture and work-life balance, experienced top-level leadership, and generally exciting time to be at Chrome River. Inefficiencies are being tightened up to allow for more rapid growth. A lot is being invested into the product, global expansion, and... employee growth. Overall, I’m very happy coming into the office every day.

Cons

Recent increase in turnover on certain teams.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in employees who want to advance their careers within the company, and promote from within.

Chrome River2019-08-07

"Sad to see the old management leave"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Chrome River full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are nice and treat each other well. People seem focused on doing good work and putting out a great product

Cons

K1 management seems focused on flipping the company, so only concerned with what will allow them to make the most money. More concerned with that than making the best product. I can't comment on the new leaders that K1 has installed, but I generally believe that they want to do a good job. I just don't trust the management above them from K1 as there were a couple of instances of them not telling the truth or... "misremembering" what he had said.

Advice to Management

Focus on putting out a great product and not just on cutting costs. Also keep throwing out candy to employees such as the new floating holidays to buy their allegiance. Dave and Alan did it by treating employees with respect, but you keep doing it with free benefits.

Chrome River2019-08-08

"No company is neither all good nor all bad"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Have worked with some very committed people

Cons

- Not very product nor technology focus

Chrome River2019-07-27

"Previously Pretty Good, Took A Nosedive Under New Ownership"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before K1 took over, company culture was great. CEO would greet you by name and acted like just another employee. Lot of good people working there. Product is pretty good!

Cons

New management blatantly lies to employees, terminates long time employees for no reason, and is focused more on the bottom line than the product.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees, look back to see what made Chrome River successful in the first place (product and culture) and invest in that, rather than be concerned with flipping the company. It's not a house, people's livelihoods are at stake.

Chrome River2019-07-12

"K1 Clowns running the circus"

Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. My ratings are after the company was bought and after the original owners left.

Cons

K1 came in and ruined the whole company I think. Culture and Moral went really low and people have huge trust issues now. A lot of false promises were made. Kept those people who recently started but took those out who actually laid the foundation of that company.

Advice to Management

No advice to them because management left with Alan and Dave. Right now its been ran by some clowns.

Chrome River2019-07-02

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

No place is perfect.

Chrome River2019-04-30

"Hit and Miss"

Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chrome River full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice group of people Free food Good opportunities to learn new things

Cons

Substandard Pay Stingy on vacation time No equity or profit sharing for employees

Advice to Management

Understand the different ways that people are motivated. Some people like money, some like recognition, some like redemption. Figure out who fits into your organization and hire those people, or change your organization to fit the people who you have hired.

Chrome River2019-05-11

"Smart, respectful and reasonable people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at Chrome River full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good management, good benefits, you can make a difference, people hang out together after work, high customer satisfaction, company keeps doing better financially. In general, if there is a problem then something will be done to solve it (eventually).

Cons

Sometimes there is pressure to rush code. There is some painful legacy code that still needs to be maintained. Refactoring it has been a very slow process (not enough time has been allotted to it).

Advice to Management

Keep staying sharp, humble and involved. Keep advocating good, scalable code. Push back against pressure to rush.

Chrome River2019-04-09