Chronus Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Chronus Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.8
Chronus CEO Seena Mortazavi
Seena Mortazavi

"Strong culture and great people"

I have been working at Chronus full-time

Pros

The supportive environment makes it a friendly and welcoming place to grow. Smart, hardworking people. Leadership isn't perfect but I've noticed humility and a willingness to listen. Very mission-driven as a company, so you'll be happiest here if you really buy in. The company is at that key stage of growth where there's a solid foundation and the scaffolding to know what's expected of you in your role, but... plenty of business challenges and a definite need for solutions at every level. This presents the opportunity to contribute meaningfully if you take the initiative to drive operational solutions within your team.

Cons

Everyone has a full plate, so finding the time to drive the aforementioned solutions requires putting in extra hours. Company has shifted focus in the past year toward value prop differentiation and customer education, which has been positive in a lot of ways but also polarizing. When taken to an extreme, it can strip important functional work of visibility and perceived value. Also, a lot of that legwork... continues to be executed on the ground by the CEO, which isn't scalable and has at times led to a sense of distrust and reliance on his involvement in day-to-day decision-making.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in more roles across multiple functional areas in order to scale.

Chronus2018-10-16

"Job Hunters Beware"

I worked at Chronus full-time

Pros

Interesting company a few years ago

Cons

Poor leadership and trust issues

Chronus2017-11-02

Chronus Response

November 8, 2017COO

Thank you for your feedback. At Chronus, we value continuous learning and improvement for all members of the organization, including the leadership team. This and other direct feedback is welcomed and instrumental in our growth and improvement as we continue to strive towards excellence. Your comments are not only appreciated, but also taken to heart in helping us to progress as a team. Chronus has grown significantly over the past few years and we thank you for having been a part of Chronus' continued evolution.

"Great Place to Grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Chronus full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the biggest perks to me is having positive and helpful coworkers. We challenge ourselves to accomplish a lot, which can certainly be taxing, but the skills and experiences I'm gaining in the process are well worth it! There's also a big emphasis on continuous learning, which the company actively supports and enables. Our culture crew is always planning fun events. Our office is somewhat flexible on working... remotely. On a quarterly basis employees are rewarded and recognized for their hard work. Also, the kitchen is always stocked with snacks and drinks, which really come in handy when you're having a busy day or forgot to bring your lunch!

Cons

I really wish we had a 401(k) plan (and match). Having one would change my "compensation & benefits" rating to five stars. The open office environment can sometimes be distracting, even when you're in a conference room (thin walls). Luckily there's a bit of flexibility to work from home on occasion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Chronus2017-03-02

"A great organization to learn and develop with!"

I have been working at Chronus

Pros

The best thing about working at Chronus is the emphasis and value placed on continuous learning. The organization supports individual development, encourages peer-to-peer learning and innovative, out-of-the-box thinking. Other pros are a great team, a culture that supports a work-life balance and a meaningful company mission.

Cons

While the benefits package is good overall, the organization does not currently provide a 401k.

Chronus2016-11-15

"Exciting time to be at Chronus"

I have been working at Chronus

Pros

One of the reasons I like working at Chronus is being a part of a highly driven, innovative team. The leadership gives you the autonomy to get things done, but they're there for guidance and support whenever you need it.

Cons

There are still some processes that could be improved.

Chronus2016-05-23

"Ops"

in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Chronus

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone is friendly and ready to help whenever needed. Product is innovative. Really great work life balance.

Cons

Because the company is still growing, there are a lot of processes that need to be figured out.

Chronus2016-05-19
  7. "Government Account Executive"

Director in Bowie, MD

I worked at Chronus for more than a year

Pros

Management, products, support of customers

Cons

Focus on markets needs definition

Advice to Management

Stick to decisions

Chronus2016-04-22

"True Startup - A Place to both Share and Learn Skills"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Chronus full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of great people at Chronus that are working hard and innovating. Having been at a company before that is almost literally creating a new market you'll do best to work hard, enjoy the people and the clients as well as to remember what the software and company purpose is all about - shared experiences and personal and professional growth. Bring your skill sets, be prepared to be flexible about job... priorities and keep your eye on the long term possibilities of this market niche and how you can make a contribution. You're helping to push a very large rock up a hill (helping companies to understand the value and ROI of mentoring).

Cons

Because the company is still trying to find the most efficient and effective way to be successful for themselves and their clients priorities can shift more so than in a larger, more established company. If you like the startup life and are a "the journey is the thing" type you can have a really good experience here. If you're looking for a consistent, day to day experience where the focus is more to capitalize on... your existing skill set then you may get frustrated. I'll say it again - You're helping to push a very large rock up a hill (helping companies to understand the value and ROI of mentoring)...it's only a "con" if you don't believe in it in the first place.

Advice to Management

The core values are all about developing great people and equality amongst all employees. Appreciate everyone from a 1:1 perspective at all levels and keep encouraging inter-dept. teamwork and individual contributions.

Chronus2014-12-02

"Interesting product placed in the wrong hands"

in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Chronus

Pros

New office near Bellevue and Issaquah, decent pay, offers some benefits, opportunities for travel to office in India

Cons

There is a glaring discrepancy between what is being practiced internally and what is being communicated to the public. Tries too hard to create a sense of company culture but misses the bigger picture entirely. At such an early stage of growth, there is no shortage of office politics within and across team environments. People with little experience in leadership and poor ethical standards are put in managerial... positions. Employee retention sits on shaky ground. I found out quickly I was told what I wanted to hear to get me to jump onboard. It was difficult to believe and respect the work I was doing knowing what was going on within company. Work at Chronus if you are interested in technology and having a job, but don’t expect appreciation and career growth.

Advice to Management

Take the initiative to make improvements rather than ignore issues. Be honest about your achievements and setbacks.

Chronus2014-10-27

"Company with growing pains"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Chronus full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a lot of opportunity to grow since the team is small and there are a lot of needs to support other departments. CEO and leadership were open about how the company was doing on a quarterly basis.

Cons

Lots of planning and plans always switched. It was tough to understand the direction of the company and how you could help support it. Culture was a work in progress and felt forced at times.

Advice to Management

Often lack of direction and understanding if a project needed to be started of if it was still in the planning phase. Lead to a lot of uncertainty and confusion on how to move forward.

Chronus2014-08-10