KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 118 of over 127 reviews

4.2
Chrysalis Health Chief Executive Officer  Manuel E. Menendez
Manuel E. Menendez
Pros
  • "Doing what we love with a flexible schedule, friendly and respectful environment(in 13 reviews)

• "Chrysalis Health is dedicated to the professional development of novice and seasoned counselors(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I was told to see a client that any therapist would know is not going to benefit from therapy due to their severe brain damage(in 12 reviews)

• "The job is fee for service so a lot of work that is required is not(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Can't get any better than here!!

May 27, 2021 - Target Case Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, appreciation from upper management, great benefits..Well PTO could be better, but with the flexibility in scheduling it isn't necessary.

Cons

If you are new to the field you may get frustrated with learning about your role, but hang in there, once you get your home office and case load situated it is great!!! They started with a new buddy system with stronger, certified leads so that has helped.

Chrysalis Health Response

Chief People and Experience Officer

Thank you for such an awesome and positive review Targeted Case Manager in Tampa, it is greatly appreciated! Thrilled that you are enjoying your time with Chrysalis Health smiling that you feel the appreciation for time, talent and efforts. Great suggestion for increased supervisory training. We have a couple of leadership training options that supervisors can participate in to increase their skills and knowledge. Additionally, People Operations provides management and leadership training for new supervisors which we plan on providing to everyone again during the rest of the year as a refresher, hopefully this will help create balance over teams and more consistent skill sets. Thank you for all you do and contributing to the ripple affect of serving those in need. ONE Mission...ONE Team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love My Job!!!!

Jun 12, 2021 - Target Case Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chrysalis Health is growing and you can feel it, there is positive energy around the office. The pay is better than any other agency and the support is definitely there. With the need for Mental Health Support growing in so many communities, it feels good to be part of a program that truly cares about the staff as much as the people we work with. Chrysalis Administration supports the staff overall, and they let the staff know they are appreciated in their pay and the benefits. There is a new Program Manager over the Case Management Dept and you can feel the change in the air, of a more professional program.

Cons

Overall Chrysalis Upper Management tries hard to be supportive, the only area that I have felt needed attention, over the past few years, was with the team supervisors. They are all very nice people, but you can tell they have little management experience and at times they do not know how to support the staff, who are on the front lines. I understand all of them were Case Managers who were promoted, so it isn't that they don't want to be supportive, but they all need management skills and to learn how to build a team and manage and support the staff. They are very personable, but you need supervisors who will teach and role model professionalism and encourage each CM to be the best CM they can be.

3. 3.0

Working at Chrysalis

May 19, 2021 - Lead Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

It a great place to meet other professional therapists and gather resources. A place wherein you can create your own schedule.

Cons

There is no support from management. The benefits are not great and the pay is minimum.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Chrysalis

Apr 29, 2021 - Behavior Analyst in Cedar Park, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

A very high job satisfaction

Cons

Sometimes the working environment can be stressful

5. 4.0

Good Place

Apr 22, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has good people

Cons

The job can often be a lot of work

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Review for Chrysalis

Jan 28, 2021 - Outpatient Therapist in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours of flexibility was the most reason to work of the company and also the benefice is excellent.

Cons

The downside is a lot of driving. I have put a lot of mileage in my vehicle.

7. 5.0

A Company of High Moral and Integrity

May 16, 2020 - Program Director in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you think about your career, most people initially consider the money they can make and while that’s important I’ve come to find that the way your company views you is THEE most important factor. I’ve been with Chrysalis Health since 2018 and in just 2 years I’ve had multiple opportunities for growth and advancement. As I proved that I was willing to put in the work they proved that they would be committed to providing me with more responsibilities. The more telling event that spoke volumes to Chrysalis’ commitment to its employee’s health and wellness was their response to Covid-19. the company showed exemplary leadership by allowing us to work remotely while allowing us to keep our roles within the company. An opportunity that was not afforded to 36+ million in the US. The empathy shown from all sides of management by providing weekly encouraging emails, hosting transparent company wide meetings, and mental health options to all staff has been impeccable. I am honored to be part of the Chrysalis Health family.

Cons

At this time, I do not have an cons.

2 people found this review helpful

Chrysalis Health Response

Chief People and Experience Officer

Program Director in Orlando...thank you for such a moving review that literally has me near tears. We are so much stronger together and this experience has been nothing but transformational for us all. Who would have thought that any of us would experience a pandemic in our lifetime. We are extremely fortunate to have the ability to navigate as we are. Thank you for all you do and as individuals, teams and an organization, we will only be stronger and better. ONE Mission...ONE Team!

8. 4.0

Jan 15, 2021 - Mental Health Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, therapist are able to make their own schedule to sync with their availability. No Micro-management. support available to staff difficult clients. Coworkers are supportive and welcoming. You can work remotely, this has also been an option before the pandemic, great move by the company. You will always have clients.

Cons

Pay. in south Florida the cost of living is really expensive it's difficult to covering living expenses on current pay. Therapist are paid only for billable hours which means if clients cancel sessions you do not get paid for that hour.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great starting opportunity

Nov 16, 2020 - Therapist in Oakland Park, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chrysalis Health is an excellent growth opportunity for those starting out in their career. It helps you gain insight towards community mental health, chronic mental illness, dual-diagnosis, and crisis clients. There is a lot to be learned at this level, both within the field and in your individual career. It is a great stepping stone opportunity.

Cons

The company has limited pay in terms of fee-for-service option. To gain better pay and benefits, you have to overwork yourself and take on a bigger load than normal. Management will put more and more on you, potentially burning you out, until you set boundaries for yourself.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love my job

Aug 20, 2020 - Redirections Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much support and flexibility. I love not going into an office from 8-5 Monday through Friday. I am able to make my own schedule which is so amazing when you have a busy personal life, AND my supervisor and coworkers are more available and supportive than those I have had in the past working right next to me.

Cons

I think the only not-so-great part of my job is pay. Although they offer thoughtful bonuses, it depends on your caseload, so I think the base pay is important. It is on the lower end compared to similar positions in the same area.

1 person found this review helpful