Chrysler Canada Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Chrysler Canada President and CEO Reid Bigland
Reid Bigland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Lack of recognition for high level excperienced engineers"

Current Employee - Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The different departments work well together as a unit. This engineers are supportive and caring and friendly and pull together with the pressure is on.

Cons

lack of recognitions for highly skilled engineers. Also they have recently eliminated all non representative staff pension plan. They didn't even grandfather the existing employees. but the union is not affected

Advice to Management

Start recognizing technical skill, leadership reviews are weak, they never follow up with job promises they seem embarrsed to explain why employees did not get that promotion

2. "TPT - line worker"

Current Employee - Line Worker - Final Car - TPT in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Line Worker - Final Car - TPT in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Chrysler Canada part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working at Chrysler Canada is being able to work with the many great people i work with. Considering i'm a TPT, this job is a great opportunity for me because it helps me pay for my school and learn basic life skills that i will use for the rest of my life.

Cons

The only con i can think of is the fact that (since im a TPT and it's not on our contract anymore) if we don't work 40 hours during the week, we don't qualify for the time and a half pay on saturdays (when theyre scheduled... which is very very often) which would help benefit us (the ones who pay for school, apartment and living like me) so much because it's almost impossible to do 40 hours a week as well as be a full-time student. But otherwise, there is no cons i can think of.

Advice to Management

To provide cold beverages to the lineworkers during the summer hours at the hottest times of each shift (1-3pm, 4-6 pm) because the air quality mixed with humidity can make it hard to work an 8 hour shift without being completely dehydrated.

3. "TPT (Temporary Part Time)"

Current Employee - TPT in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - TPT in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Pros

The money is good to help you support yourself in post secondary education.

Cons

That majority of the shifts needed are weekend shifts, and we are in school majority of the week and don't really get much time to ourselves or to complete homework.

Advice to Management

To be more accommodating for school, we can work at chrysler 24/7 and be in school and do homework. Also to allow us to have more than three days of call ins or we get fired, we can only do so much in a short period of time. The main thing would be to give the TPTs some rights and not to treat them like a piece of trash. The last thing is not to ask for our school schedules, it is none of your business to know when we are in school are not, just cause we aren't in school doesn't mean we have other priorities.

4. "Why I am a happy Chrysler employee"

Current Employee - Assembler, Motor Line, Shift II in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assembler, Motor Line, Shift II in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Chrysler Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being at Chrysler on the line for the past 20 years has been a rewarding experience. I've not only learned how to work with my co-workers as a team but also how to work with management to accomplish the goals required to produce a successful vehicle in the Town and Country mini-van. And as a reward for my loyalty and dependability, I have been provided with a good wage and benefits and an exit strategy for retirement in the form of a decent company pension.

Cons

The main concern for anyone required to work on an assembly line, day after day, year after year, is the toll it takes on the body. After a certain number of years, if you don't take care of your body through proper nutrition and exercise, it can wear on you and possibly be problematic in your later years. They do provide the benefits of a great medical coverage as well as chiropractic and dental which if used pragmatically, eases this burden. Pay strict attention to the safety procedures in place and you should be able to withstand a full career there.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees, they are your best asset. Without them, the company would not be as successful as it is today. Have your industrial engineers work WITH the line employees when looking to improve processes. My only concern is the lack of communication between those who design job set-ups and those who actually perform the jobs.

5. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Chrysler Canada part-time

Pros

It's a large organization with resources, if you wish to stay at the organization and you have the credentials to move up, you can.

Cons

Typical of line work in general; not engaging, go through the motions, repetitive and can lead to injury or aches and pains, boring, assembly environment not very appealing,etc.

Advice to Management

Management seems to be doing a good job. The focus is on results and meeting manufacturing quotas, reducing errors, planning, etc, but there are also a lot of different layers of management and staff that an employee would typically get in contact with. Everyone has and knows their role.

6. "district sales mgr"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Chrysler Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

team work , good products , alway s proud of my company . very good relation with my dealers . good understanding from the direction . always high respect from the direction . motivation very high .

Cons

very competitive market from others car and truck company . always very high theck . i was always at my best , very demanding . improvement is always a must . stress always at the maximum

Advice to Management

Not a easy job the have to do . they must be very open to the need of their employes . example of this is training for the job , team orientation at the highest lavel . Familly needs is also very important to have a good balance with your life

7. "TPT"

Pros

I can choose when I work

Cons

None nothing zip nadda negative.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Productive and good working encironment"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in East York, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in East York, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Chrysler Canada (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work. Very friendly environment. Nobody is boss. Just finish your task with responsibility. Provides opportunity to grow.

Cons

Not a place to stay there forever. Systems are very old and don't communicate with each other. That creates bad client experience.

Advice to Management

When you promise yearly reviews, stick to it. At the dealership level its about relationships and trust. The employees are sales oriented, not customer service providers.

9. "TPT"

Current Employee - TPT in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - TPT in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Chrysler Canada part-time (More than a year)

Pros

money, variety of jobs, friendly co-workers, respectful supervisors

Cons

needs upgrading, more full time workers needed, TPT's need to be treated like people and not someone that can be replaced

Advice to Management

upgrade the plant (paint shop), hire more full time employees,

10. "REVOLVING DOOR FOR A REASON"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Pros

On a management side, it's a great learning experience and it will pad your resume, if you are a recent grad.

Cons

They can't keep good quality experienced personnel (in management) because of the poor wages and lousy work conditions. If you are a supervisor, get used to working 14-20 days straight without time off.

Advice to Management

There is no advice. They've been doing it like this for 10 years now. They won't change their ways.