Chubb Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chubb CEO Evan Greenberg
Evan Greenberg

Pros
Cons
  • Depending on your department/manager work life balance is either supported or looked down upon (in 20 reviews)

• Although, there are opportunities for advancement, it can be a challenge to move ahead in some areas within the company (in 16 reviews)

"Going downhill fast, fast, fast"

Current Employee - Sorry, Would Identify Me in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sorry, Would Identify Me in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, very casual dress code (Phoenix, AZ location)

Cons

I used to not only love my work at Chubb, I was proud to work for them because of their integrity and corporate mindset. Then we were bought out by ACE insurance and everything has changed. They may have kept the Chubb name but it's just a veneer over the ACE mindset. They have taken away the pension and reduced other benefits while increasing the cost to employees. They have changed the yearly review system to the extent that employees feel completely unappreciated, even if they are very high achievers. The underwriting dept has been told to write anyone for anything, no matter how risky or inappropriate. Employee groups for diversity have been banished. Morale is low and getting lower. And the CEO is a narcissistic "leader" who doesn't want to mingle with the little people. I expect both serious downturn in customer service (excellent customer serving is what Chubb was known for) and a mass exodus of experienced employees. I used to recommend Chubb to folks looking for work in any dept, at any level. No more.

Advice to Management

CEO made a huge deal about how ACE bought Chubb because we were the best and they couldn't best us. Then why are you changing so much of the formula that made Chubb very successful since 1882?

"A shell of its former self, post merger"

I worked at Chubb full-time

Pros

People I worked with were great, we were doing great work for the company

Cons

When I started in 2011 this was a great company to start. They had a great name, and had great people. It progressively got worse and worse the more I stayed until I could not take it anymore post merger. The company was never that big on its employees, but now it does not care at all. Unrealistic work loads, everyone is looking out for themselves, two completely different cultures that will continue to clash until management does something about it.

Advice to Management

FIX THE CULTURE CLASH, dont just say the company has to get a long, show it! Allow some personality in your workplace, PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES especially now that you have increased work load and decreased personnel! Have your CEO not rule by fear, have people want to work for him!

"Changing culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb (More than 10 years)

Pros

The management team is very focused on moving the company forward, they have an agenda and want to execute on it. They are clear in which areas of the company they want to grow the business.

Cons

Culture of blame, if things don't go well you are called out by management and made an example of what not to do. Managers do not possess the expertise that former managers did when it was the prior Chubb company (before the purchase by ACE).

Advice to Management

Demonstrate to your employees that you value them, their ideas and expertise. Be more open to the sharing of ideas rather than just executing to move quickly but not wisely.

"Reporting Analyst"

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Whitehouse, NJ
    Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Whitehouse, NJ

I have been working at Chubb (More than 10 years)

Pros

Legacy Chubb was a great company to work and grow a career. Flexibility with balancing your work and personal life.

Cons

The new Chubb/Ace - is not same company with the same oppotunities

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest up front

6. "Underwriter"

Pros

Good training for the most part. Great brand name in the industry

Cons

Beuracratic - lots of post merger turnover. lots of office politics. Company just doubled in size

"There's a reason they are losing employees"

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Currently, Chubb offers a pension.

Cons

Chubb is still the good old boys network it always was. It offers very little opportunity for advancement and growth. Currently, they prefer to hire young and cheap. There is minimal attention given to developing employees and/or increasing either employee or customer loyalty. You are either cheap or you are in their club. If you aren't, you will be overlooked and opportunities to grow in the industry will be stalled.

"Underwriter"

I worked at Chubb (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be an amazing company to work for but it change since the acquisitions

Cons

boys club, lack of minorities in professional jobs, micro managers, legacy ace dominated

"Senior Product Specialist"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Newark, NJ

I worked at Chubb (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, for now. Some Legacy Chubb people are still on board, and they're awfully good. Basic book of business is profitable and well underwritten.

Cons

New management and its priorities are not as sound as prior management. Excess reliance on top line results and the appearance of being great. Atmosphere reeks of politics.

Advice to Management

Try to stop forcing the Chubb elephant into your alligator mouth. Legacy Chubb was more profitable as an underwriting company than Ace. Respect it.

10. "Lot of Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment. Laid back managment!

Cons

Alittle unorganized with training.

Advice to Management

Incorporate better training

"Good Ol Boys Club"

Pros

Benefits, some departments flexible schedules

Cons

No room to advance, stuck in their ways without looking for ways to improve, multiple departments doing same work, unsupported worker bees

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that actually do the work