Chubb Reviews | Glassdoor

Chubb Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The legacy Chubb company is more focused on work/life balance which is something the legacy ACE company lacked entirely (in 79 reviews)

• Good benefits, Pension and profit sharing (in 39 reviews)

"mail/office services clerk"

Former Employee - Office Services Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Office Services Clerk in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good pay, great benefits. Great location, (downtown Chicago) . Matching 401k,(up to a point) great health insurance. Being part of a respected name in the insurance industry.

Cons

The merger of the two companies, now one corporation, has left a lot of people literally out in the cold and out of a job, myself included!

Advice to Management

I have none.since I know nothing about the new, expanded organization.

2. "Investment Accountant"

Former Employee - Investment Accountant in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Investment Accountant in Warren, NJ

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, salary and bonus

Cons

No cons regarding this Company

"interesting work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was interesting and had a lot of variety. People were friendly. Good benefit package. Good work - life balance.

Cons

Too much political posturing. Too many meetings involving too many people, many of whom didn't need to be involved. Salary was low. Little opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Meetings are necessary, but to be effective the decision makers should be present and participate. If one person is performing a task you don't need twelve others from around the world on a conference call talking about it.

"Chubb is a good place to work."

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After the ACE acquisition, it has become an enormous company with lots of opportunity. The legacy Chubb company is more focused on work/life balance which is something the legacy ACE company lacked entirely. We're seeing the shift and it's been wonderful for the legacy ACE folks.

Cons

After the ACE acquisition, there still is much turmoil within the company with regards to merging the talent and processes between the companies. I'm sure it will ease in the coming years.

"Not a place to work"

Former Employee - Operations in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Operations in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close to major highways and bus routes

Cons

Management encourages in fighting and back stabbing.

"Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Huge, financially stable company. Lots of opportunity throughout the country. Good work/life balance, remote working. Lots of confusion when navigating around the company.

Cons

The company has many years ahead of itself post merger for the dust to settle. The "Chubb" company is gone. You will be worked to death and get a 2% raise after you hit your goals. If someone tells you differently, they haven't worked there long enough or came from the ACE side. Too much politics with Senior management and promotions are very biased.

Advice to Management

Learn to keep solid, hard working employees, through promotional opportunities. Be fair about promotions as this is our career. People will be leaving and no one will be left to underwrite the work.

"A good place to work but could improve."

Current Employee - Property Claims Supervisor in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Property Claims Supervisor in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is decent and the benefits are ok.

Cons

Chubb was a great place to work prior to ACE purchasing & Rebranding. Now unfortunately even after a full year, the company still lacks a consistent direction. When someone leaves they do not replace them or they are slow to fill the void. This has caused other people in their units to take on additional workloads, making them second guess their jobs and to seek work elsewhere. Thus the cycle continues.

Advice to Management

Stop with the do more with less thinking and get back to the basics of customer service. Our policy holders pay a high premium for perfect service. Unfortunately it is difficult to provide exceptional level service when the thinking is doing more with less.

"Not Trusted"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Richmond, IN
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Richmond, IN

I worked at Chubb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and retirement offers are decent

Cons

Employees are not trusted and have to account for every minute of every day. Employees spend more time counting items instead of processing. Went from a company that valued it's UW's to a company that lets the new processors (Phoenix based) act like they know better than the group that brings work into the offices

Advice to Management

Stop moving work from one office to another where it is working just to have to bring it back to be cleaned up a few months later. Self training does NOT work. Stop allowing employees that are just learning a job change the way it is done to where it is not legal and acting like the UW's are not the ones that are bringing in the work

9. "Legal Claims Manager"

Former Employee - Liability, Financial Lines and Legal Claims Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Chubb (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excelent enviroment, oportunity for intertational career, chance for growing

Cons

not good salary and benefits

"Going downhill fast, fast, fast"

Current Employee - Sorry, Would Identify Me in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sorry, Would Identify Me in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chubb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, very casual dress code (Phoenix, AZ location)

Cons

I used to not only love my work at Chubb, I was proud to work for them because of their integrity and corporate mindset. Then we were bought out by ACE insurance and everything has changed. They may have kept the Chubb name but it's just a veneer over the ACE mindset. They have taken away the pension and reduced other benefits while increasing the cost to employees. They have changed the yearly review system to the extent that employees feel completely unappreciated, even if they are very high achievers. The underwriting dept has been told to write anyone for anything, no matter how risky or inappropriate. Employee groups for diversity have been banished. Morale is low and getting lower. And the CEO is a narcissistic "leader" who doesn't want to mingle with the little people. I expect both serious downturn in customer service (excellent customer serving is what Chubb was known for) and a mass exodus of experienced employees. I used to recommend Chubb to folks looking for work in any dept, at any level. No more.

Advice to Management

CEO made a huge deal about how ACE bought Chubb because we were the best and they couldn't best us. Then why are you changing so much of the formula that made Chubb very successful since 1882?