Chuck E. Cheese "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Chuck E. Cheese Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 11, 2019

3.2
Chuck E. Cheese CEO Tom Leverton
Tom Leverton
Pros
  • "The majority of the time it is a fun environment(in 80 reviews)

• "Sometimes free food, good enviroment, decent pay(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard to find employees, long hours(in 52 reviews)

• "Upper management does not help keep the stores adequately staffed with managers(in 50 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"They used to care"

Former Employee - Technical Service Analyst Level IV in Irving, TX

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Liked working with the folks at the Support Center. Most understood the concept of Teamwork and enjoyed supporting the stores

Cons

Whatever you do.... DO NOT sacrifice your health for current upper management. They cared about me until I was off after open heart surgery and then manufactured a reason to separate me from the company, even though I had kept them in the loop via my supervisor through out the entire time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of most upper management, they ONLY care about the bottom line. Get back to caring for the folks that make your BLOATED paychecks possible.

Chuck E. Cheese2019-03-17
  2. "Its ok"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Every day can be different.

Cons

No hours, Pay sucks, upper management plays favorites

Chuck E. Cheese2019-08-17
  3. "Friendly cast but Useless Workers"

Current Employee - Team II Kitchen

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours, if you can work weekends management is usually pretty good at working around your schedule no matter the reason. Up to $20 worth of Free Food if your Team 2 or Management, 50% off for every one else.

Cons

Unstable scheduled, if you are known to be available without a good excuse aka school or children the Management will throw your hours around randomly. Called off work at the last minute, some times beyond the last minute as you'll be in for work and they'll tell you to wait 2 hours to clock in, or send you home early. Until I made full time My hours could vary any where from 25 to 45 hours in a week depending on... their need. High employee turn over and very poor training requirements. In recent years Chuck E Cheese's standards have hit rock bottom, they are so desperate for workers they don't push any the standards they used to have in terms of quality or speed of work. This has lead to the 1 or 2 people who know what they are doing to have to do 90% of the work while the others sit around on their Phones, management included. Out of touch upper management just tossed down changes and idea's to be seen doing something, even if it's against other standards. Stuff like always wanting some one at Kid Check (to the point even a manager can get fired if caught leaving the area and a kid escapes), yet cutting back hours so One person has to run the entire front of the store during the week days. Or my personal favorite an attempt to save money by not double bagging trash cans any more, leading to the cheap bags to tear and make a mess constantly to save a bag that cost less than a cent.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know what they are doing, actually give out raises. In the 8 and almost 9 years I worked at CeC I have never had a single one of the "yearly reviews" I was supposed to get that would go over my performance and possible chance at a raise.

Chuck E. Cheese2019-04-04
  4. "Where a kid can be a kid."

Current Employee - General Manager in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than a year

Pros

The majority of the time it is a fun environment.

Cons

Upper management does not help keep the stores adequately staffed with managers. You feel like you are spread thin in a high volume environment.

Advice to Management

Hire more managers for the stores, take current managements advise to promote the staff within.

Chuck E. Cheese2019-03-19

"Meh"

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, fun managers , love the fast pace.

Cons

Upper management is uncaring.

Advice to Management

District managers should try to see the struggles within the store instead of just barking orders.

Chuck E. Cheese2019-02-05

"Unfair treatment"

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for less than a year

Pros

The happy guests and coworkers

Cons

Upper management lack of attention paid, only cared about numbers.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the establishment you are working in. Do not get so caught up in keeping the store working if there are health hazards.

Chuck E. Cheese2019-01-20
  7. "General manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Molding tomorrow’s leaders. I truly loved working here until district management changed. I worked for 4 different DMs in two different regions and the last DM was terrible.

Cons

The company use to care and have great benefits. Now they don’t care about the people or pay. Loyalty and results means nothing any more. District level management in the NC/SC area is terrible. Male driven upper management. Hostile work environment. Great promotion opportunities for someone that enjoys verbal abuse and zero positive feedback. The pay is not worth the abuse. I made more money annually when I was... only at $39000 plus commissions than I did making $52000 plus commissions.

Advice to Management

Care about your people more. Properly investigate when claims are brought forward. Poor standards and hostile work environment is why staffing is down. Get back to basics. Stop making daily threats. Bashing people and gossip from district management about lower management needs to stop. People leave people for a reason.

Chuck E. Cheese2018-11-12
  8. "Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cast members that I had worked with were hard working and really cared about the guest experience.

Cons

The relationship between upper management needs a lot of work in the way of communication and support. Also, the hours that were promised at the time of hire were not given as outlined in the acceptance letter that I signed before beginning employment. Lastly, the respect that was given to me as a person and an employee did not exist unless I was their buddy and orders were never followed.

Advice to Management

Be open with the applicant at the time of hire what they should expect in the way of working hours. I was told that I would be given a certain amount of hours and they were never given. I had to go to my general manager and ask for my hours to increase. Not okay especially when someone switches jobs for a lower wage then they were earning and given the same amount of hours for much more work.

Chuck E. Cheese2018-09-30

"Assistant Technical Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Technical Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employment, vacation, sick pay, kickbacks on food, co-workers.

Cons

Overworked, too much stress, not enough pay, not enough advancement opportunities, upper management.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to underpay the employees, actual recognition is a plus, and there should be more opportunities to advance.

Chuck E. Cheese2018-05-04

"New Owners"

Former Employee - Electronics Technical Manager in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff was fun to work with. I enjoyed working with young adults, showing them the transition between child hood and the realities of adulthood. Place always has lots to do.

Cons

Upper Management needs to take a closer look at what makes these places run efficiently. Lots of long time employees left because of poor strategic effectiveness when these places get busy.

Advice to Management

Work on a weekend then work on a Monday to see just what it takes to put a place back together after a rough weekend. Then you might understand all the work that has to take place to get it ready for the next weekend.

Chuck E. Cheese2018-01-23