Chuck Latham Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Joplin, MO

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

Great jobs, great communication, fun to work for.

Cons

Nothing to report as a con.

2. "Not enough hours"

Current Employee - Product Representative
    Current Employee - Product Representative

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

You get to set your own schedule and the hourly pay rate is higher than most companies. Work can be fun.

Cons

You may only get a few hours of work per month. Many territories are already staffed and there are a couple of less desirable locations that need reps because current rep doesn't want them. Many of the jobs are only an hour per store and are not really in your neighborhood (despite what the job ad might say.) You don't get mileage reimbursements until you exceed 40 miles in a day-- after that you get 40 cents per mile. Some of the brands have not so great reputations...

Advice to Management

Consider pre-planning routes so that reps can hit multiple stores at once. Offer more than a few hours a month per rep--it's like we are working for free at times.

3. "Assistant Area Manager/New store specialist"

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

Company looks out for employess and animals

Cons

when traveling your not home as much as you like

"LOVE this job!"

Current Employee - Field Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with retail managers, employees, customers and animals as I travel to stores in my city. I complete assignments for various pet vendors at many different pet stores such as PetSmart, Petco and Tractor Supply Company. This job is very flexible and has worked great for me as a single mother to a new baby when I started. Upper management is very easy to work with and communicates very well. This job is for someone who can complete their job without being micromanaged. You should be a self-starter and enjoy working with many types of people. This is a great job for someone who has a full-time job as well. All work can be completed at night and on weekends during retail hours. I have been here for three years and plan to be here indefinitely. Pay is very competitive and much better than a retail position.

Cons

There is no opportunity to move up in the company unless you work at the corporate office but I knew this upfront. The company has never mislead me about advancement opportunities and this works for my life. This job has no benefits such as health insurance and PTO but this is a part-time job so I didn't expect that.

5. "No Complaints"

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible. Get to spend time with my favorite things....pets! Just a fun job!

Cons

Sometimes not enough hours to make it a super stable income.

"Merchandiser job"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for 3+ years. I am "retired" from my career and this is just a perfect fit for me. There is flexibility and variety in the job as well as opportunity for more duties now and then. Sometimes I can't believe my good fortune at having found this position! I can pretty much set my own schedule within the job parameters and no day is ever boring! I believe in giving 110% of whatever I do and this company DOES recognize that from their employees.

Cons

It's a part time position so no benefits- that's the norm today so I have no issues at all.

Advice to Management

Try and land some regular "demo" opportunities so you can build a dedicated core group of employees who have other jobs and may only be able to work weekends but need that extra income.

7. "A great part time job"

Current Employee - Senior Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Representative

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You do your job, do what you are suppossed to be doing, and you won't have any problems. They never promised me anything other than some stores, and if I did well, good things may come. And they did. I got more and more stores. This is a company that promotes from within. I have worked for other merchandiser companies and I got ripped off. If I needed time to enter my stuff, I got paid for it with CLA. They have always paid me, and paid me what they owe me. No problems! I love working for CLA!!

Cons

The downside would have to be the mileage thing. 40 miles to drop off a day is a bit rough. I'm not worried about bennies. Don't expect any.

Advice to Management

Maybe to cut the mileage thing to 20?

8. "Great way to start a career"

Pros

Learn marketing like a pro

Cons

Hours are not ideal but still a great way to supplement income.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mar 23, 2017 – Recruiter

Hello, thank you so much for your review! This a great position to learn some great skills and be able to fit it into your current schedule. We are so happy to have you on the team! - HR - CLA

9. "They are inept"

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

Flex-Time is all they offer in this regard.

Cons

No Pay or non-existent boo hiss.

Advice to Management

Pay more, and enrich position, create more meaningful tasks.

Mar 2, 2017 – HR Generalist

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We hire our field employees on an intermittent basis. There are times where we run out of work during slow times. We do promote within and will be gladly to... More

"........"

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

Work flexibility. That's about it

Cons

HR Dept which only consists of 2, is one sided with their own employees who've concerns. Your rights are not protected by them comfortably no matter how long you've been with the company. They go through DMs like no other company I've known

Advice to Management

Get to know the employees who's working for you! There's no 'i' in team

Mar 2, 2017 – HR Generalist

Hello,

Thank you for your input. We have had some management changes that resulted in district realignments amongst the District Managers. I apologize that you felt affected by these changes and... More