Chugach Federal Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Chugach Federal Solutions CEO | President Gabriel Kompkoff
Gabriel Kompkoff
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company, good benefits."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Lead in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Lead in Hanover, MD

I worked at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Responsive HR on both benefit and personnel issues, values employee input and hard work, values Continuing education and professional development, values community.

Cons

Company based in AK, I leave on East Coast, timing could be problematic if contacting corporate, but usually worked out.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind.

2. "Procurement Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

I worked at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission supporting Chugach and US military

Cons

Location of work; tough customer; tight performance deadlines

Advice to Management

Build teamwork and trust

3. "Wake Island"

Former Employee - Firefighter in Wake Island, HI
    Former Employee - Firefighter in Wake Island, HI

I worked at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time

Pros

Beautiful island location. Great people on site.

Cons

Fire department pay was very low at the time I was there. I heard is better now. Also the leave schedule is not good for such a remote location.

4. "stay away"

Pros

the pay isnt bad but isn't very comparable for remote duty pay

Cons

on island management is horrible, company insurance is horrible i have the 2nd highest tier bcbs insurance coverage and was still cheaper for family buying it myself than what the company offered for family coverage better also

Advice to Management

listen to your leads and stop micro-managing them

"Federal Contractor"

Pros

Work schedule fit into personal life. Pay was decent and supervisors were compensated for position. Management respected efforts and you were recognized for it.

Cons

Benefits were provided but plan could have been better. No matching or contribution of 401K plan. Plan was provided though.

6. "WAREHOUSEMAN"

Former Employee - Warehouseman in Fort Meade, MD
    Former Employee - Warehouseman in Fort Meade, MD

I worked at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Talented people in the industry, every regular employee was a joy to work with. I miss them.

Cons

What I don't miss is middle and upper management. They're a HUGE joke. They are on a constant witch hunt for employees and only care about there own jobs. They bulldoze anyone so they can to keep there jobs. Certain people are held to a different standard. If you are in " the circle" you're safe from not doing your job or doing anything to follow company guidelines , if your out of "the circle" ( which is what we called it) you will be a victim of a constant witch hunt. An even bigger joke is the union and the HR department but that's another story.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Advice to Chugach in Alaska, hire new management for Maryland.

7. "Most Distressing Company I have worked for"

I have been working at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, love the job I do

Cons

Lack of communication on all levels; Cannot grow or move up unless one "knows" the right people or fits in the right clique; Morale is at an all-time low and management doesn't seem to care to improve; No support provided to employees with a complaint and Corporate is untrustworthy as well as site management; Retaliation runs rampant

Advice to Management

Get some managers who care enough about the company and employees to make the changes necessary to maintain the GOOD employees

8. "Would never recommend this company to even my worse enemy"

I have been working at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time

Pros

The only good things about this company is that the benefits are paid by the company. The pay is also higher than some other locations. However, money is not everything and you would have to sacrifice happiness for money with this company.

Cons

This companies has little to no communication with their employees. It is a very click oriented environment; kiss-up's have positions created for them to advance their careers. Company does not care about their people or their morale.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of distrust in management and lack of pride in the company. A lot of changes will need to be made to make this company a good place to work. There are too many disgruntle employees right now.

9. "Things are Changing, focus on the workforce has been lost."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of very talented people who care for the Customer. There are many who give their all to fulfill the tasks that they have been given to do. For those who are exempt there is 10 days Personal time given in addition to your Vacation time.

Cons

Leadership has lost the focus on whose backs their achievements have been made on. They continue to take credit for major accomplishments on this contract that have required many employees to work late or longer hours, when the Upper Management have never been seen.

Advice to Management

Before trying to tackle another contract with this customer, work on saving your current force, invest in them for without them, there will be no other contract!

10. "Rigid"

I have been working at Chugach Federal Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Chugach Federal Solutions are the health benefits. Premiums are paid in full.

Cons

This company operates out of fear of being sued. Therefore EVERYTHING you do from going to the bathroom to signing in/out 4 times a day, and your lunch break is under a microscope. I literally had to e-mail my boss one day because I was having bathroom issues. I had to give a reason why I was up from my desk.

Advice to Management

Good Employee's make or break a company. All you need to do is look at the retention rate to comprehend you have a problem.