Church & Dwight Reviews | Glassdoor

Church & Dwight CEO Matthew Farrell
Matthew Farrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance leaves something to be desired, because the company is supported by the 20% of people that work hard and intelligently (in 5 reviews)

• Needs more diversity especially within upper management (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"R&D Director"

Current Employee - Research Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Research Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunities to make an impact, great work environment, excellent company performance, great line of products, very strong company growth

Cons

Fast paced lean work environment, lots of projects and responsibilities

Advice to Management

Continue to stay lean and fast paced so we can continue to be first to innovate, don't allow company to slow down like other top consumer product manufacturers

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly, challenging, rewarding place to work. We achieve success through learning, teamwork while wearing many hats. Yes, some weeks there are long hours. The passion for our brands and our company are very contagious. We get things done! The pay is competitive, great benefits and the variable long term compensation is good.

Cons

Just like any successful business, there are choices to make with finite resources. Sometimes I'd rather we make investment decisions for the purpose of replacement and updating, not always requiring 2 year payback. There's also a lot on our plates; not always a bad thing. If work was easy, anyone could do it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I've seen us attract new talent, introduce new technology, increase diversity, refresh our social responsible roots and continue the forward focus on intentional intelligent growth and new product innovation. Cheers to a company who takes calculated risks and listens to their employees. I suggest we seek out more suggestions from those who are not so outspoken.

3. "Still feels like a small company even as the company grows."

Current Employee - Marketing in Ewing, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Ewing, NJ

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company continues to grow, especially through large acquisitions, however it still has maintained a small company feel. You can certainly make an impact here. Even at lower levels, employees are empowered.

Cons

No work from home initiatives like other CPGs. Location can be an issue for younger employees due to distance from NYC.

4. "Love a challenge? This is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small company with big impact.
    Every employee can and does make a difference
    Love working for a company that is socially responsible and encourages it from their employees.
    Colllaborative yet individual recognition
    Never a dull moment and th feeling of accomplishment is almost daily

Cons

Decisions can be lengthy and need several layers still. It’s getting better though!
    Need to see more from the management level of driving the positive change in culture at the lower levels

Advice to Management

Continue on the path we are headed.
    Continue to Encourage empowerment from senior leadership
    Continue to embrace change in work environment as well as practices

5. "State of the art facility"

Current Employee - Electrician in York, PA
    Current Employee - Electrician in York, PA

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees generally work as a team to get record breaking results. Celebrate with food when you break records. Decent amount of vacation time.

Cons

24-7 facility. Don't expect to be off work for holidays. Plant works allot of them. Either you are volunteering or being mandated.

Advice to Management

High turn over rate due to the constant required holiday work, mandated weekends. Maintenance work being done on holidays so you lose them off if you are in that department.

6. "Great place to work"

I worked at Church & Dwight full-time

Pros

Team atmosphere, appreciation and respect, friendly, management listens, good pay, benefits, excellent and fun fringe benefits.

Cons

As with any manufacturing plant, you need to be flexible and prepared to work OT as needed to accomplish goals.

7. "Startup feel at a large company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Ewing, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Ewing, NJ

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people - friendly, smart, and helpful. Strong culture of getting work done as an underdog in the industry

Cons

Generally don't hire enough people, which contributes to the lean mentality. Pay doesn't seem competitive, and salary growth is minimal outside of promotion. Little flexibility for remote work options.

Advice to Management

Reward people more for their contributions, even outside of the standard pay increases and such. More robust remote work options would be great. Being cheap can cost good people. Paternal leave is a thing in today's work environment.

8. "Definitely a solid choice for Brand Management careers post-MBA"

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time

Pros

Vast exposure to the real world of consumer marketing. The company is investing in their employees with Digital IQ sessions and Marketing Pow Wows. Clear and feasible career path to management with time, good work and the right attitude. A very diverse collection of brands with long-term mobility between brands/teams encouraged. The peer mentor program is very helpful. Pay and benefits are just about par for the course. Nearly every coworker is friendly, smart, and helpful. Commutable from Philly or North Jersey NYC metro area and everywhere in-between.

Cons

It will take awhile (years) before you're really in a position to make/own impactful decisions. There are certainly more internal politics than ideal. The onboarding/training can be very limited. Leadership tends to run the show, lower levels earn their stripes. Big ideas and innovation are not valued as much as cost savers, which can create an uninspiring atmosphere at times.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees. Give them more decision-making opportunities earlier in their tenure. Allow time and autonomy for pet projects that can create new revenue streams. Encourage new perspectives and ideas. Continue investing in employee learning.

9. "C&D employement"

I worked at Church & Dwight full-time

Pros

Excellent work force and company. Great benefits and decent pay. This would be a great place for about anybody to work at.

Cons

The only issues were having too many job functions. It was a small plant and so everyone had to wear multiple hats to get the work done.

Advice to Management

Set out career development plans with employees upon arrival. The annual reviews were good but in coordination with career plans it would be top notch.

10. "Great"

I have been working at Church & Dwight full-time

Pros

The salary is very competitive

Cons

They have a lot of IT problems