ChurnZero Reviews | Glassdoor

You Mon Tsang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting startup"

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time

Pros

Challenging and rewarding work - it's really awesome to work on software that's actually useful and liked by customers. A lot responsibility and autonomy is required from the get go, but you have a team of smart and talented coworkers that you can rely on.

Management is really transparent about how the company is doing and where it's heading - you feel like you're always kept in the loop.

Cons

Nothing major, but working remotely took a little time getting used to. Although there are dedicated office spaces, expect to do a lot of your collaboration over Slack and video calls.

2. "A Driven Company Looking to Raise the Bar for Customer Success Teams"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The software is actually useful. It's not a "nice to have," but rather a "need to have." It would be very difficult to doubt it's efficacy.

- The team is driven, talented and results-focused.

- Customer satisfaction is not jeopardized by our fast growth; we eat our own dog food.

- Earning and growth potential = A++

- High level of autonomy

Cons

It's actually quite difficult to list cons about working at ChurnZero as it's an environment that meshes with my personality and working style, but there are points that may not work with others:

- Any employee that takes advantage of the autonomy given (which I list as a pro) will not last. This is not a company who is looking for employees to simply clock in from 9-5.

- Along with the first point, an extra-effort has to be made to learn more about the Customer Success vertical as a whole

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing. We have a bonafide opportunity to become a market leader in due time. Never let the foot off the gas.

3. "Good opportunities for growth and learning from a smart, driven team!"

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time

Pros

ChurnZero provides a great place to learn, challenge, and excel in your career. The team is open to feedback, appreciates input and values their employees. As an added plus, you can create a good work-life balance.

Cons

None I can think of right now. Standard challenges of a fast growing start up which are not necessarily a con for me.

4. "Great place to work & an exciting business opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cary, NC

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro for me is that I get work with a very talented group of people on a product that I believe in. Having spent most of my career with SaaS software companies, I can attest that there is a real need for Customer Success software that truly enables companies to see where their customers might be struggling, what features they are using the most, and what areas may need improvement. This is the first company I have been where we truly "eat our own dogfood" which provides great insight into what features are needed the most.

Also, as a developer I get to work on leading edge technologies where I can contribute anywhere & everywhere. We get to own areas of the application and provide technical and feature guidance as we develop new features. It is a lot of responsibility at times, but also provides a lot of freedom and ability to direct the product. Overall a very satisfying job.

Cons

As others have said, there is a lot of responsibility. As engineers we are expected to own our code into production and address issues in a timely manner. If you are not used to working this way, it may be a learning curve.

Advice to Management

I love the transparency we get with how we are doing as a business, both in the marketplace and financially. It is nice to work with senior leadership that I feel works just as hard if not harder than everyone else. Keep it up!

5. "Exciting DC Tech Startup"

Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an exciting time to be at ChurnZero and be a part of building one of the next great companies in the DMV area.

There is a lot flexibility when it comes to working from home which is great. There is also free lunch made by two awesome chefs for days that you do come into the office.

Also in ChurnZero's short time of existence they are already a top rated software platform on review sites such as G2 Crowd and winners of numerous industry awards which is a great feeling to be a part of.

Cons

I have not experienced any downsides of working at ChurnZero.

6. "Great Company and Excited to be apart of their growth"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Crystal City, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Working with a small and extremely talented team
    - Have an opportunity to grow in an exciting vertical
    - First time in a while I have felt connected to the product and firmly believe in the product
    - Product feedback and input is valued by upper managment and we have an opportunity to directly effect the new product updates

Cons

- No Cons, just an exciting environment for self-starters

7. "Great place to work with an all star team!"

Current Employee - Sales in Crystal City, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ChurnZero has a very talented team who truly cares about it's employees and customers. It's not a company where you need to speak up to be heard. We treat each other with respect and value everyone's opinion.

Cons

If you're looking for a company to grow with and make an impact at, ChurnZero is for you.

We're a team that wears multiple hats and is willing to go above and beyond to make sure the job is done right.

8. "very talented group across the board"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Crystal City, VA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at ChurnZero for about a year. This is hands down the most talented group of people I've ever worked with.

Everyone here is all in. It's great.

Also, the workspace is really cool, and blocks from a metro stop.

Cons

There is a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "I get it now!"

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time

Pros

After spending over a decade in software development, working on the ChurnZero product is the first time I have actually felt connected to the software's purpose. As a developer I enjoy crafting solutions that make other's lives easier, but from a developer's perspective it is often times hard to determine if you are actually doing that because of muddied feedback. ChurnZero's purpose its to empower Customer Success Managers, but it also tangentially empowers developers, product teams, support teams and even marketing teams with real time usage, financial, and license data which ends up cutting through all of those feedback interpretations.

Being a part of this focused and driven team is exciting and at the same time a little scary. It's exciting to have full responsibility for the feature you may be working on and the product as a whole, but it is also scary sometimes because you are possibly the only one responsible. I fully expect that to change over time as the team and company grows, but I think it's good to have a little bit of that fear factor in play. It keeps us all honest.

Cons

If you can't deal with large amounts of responsibility and autonomy, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I am interested to see and be a part of the growth of ChurnZero.

ChurnZero Response

Nov 21, 2017 – CEO

Glad you are part of ChurnZero and feel like you are being pushed to be better! I agree with your "con": if you don't want responsibility, look elsewhere for now.

10. "Great Company, Solution, and People"

I have been working at ChurnZero full-time

Pros

The team here is top notch and the solution fits perfectly with our market. It helps to sell a product that you can truly believe is going to bring value to your end-customer and that makes our job much more fulfilling. Autonomy to go do what you need to do to fill your role mixed with some direction when needed makes for a perfect balance.

This is a place where your voice matters, where you can truly make an impact, and the solution is helping make folks lives much better.

The opportunity to grow the company and work with folks that have done so successfully time over time is invaluable. Learning and acting beyond your role is normal and a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Not the leader in the space yet but that's to be expected early on as a startup. Not ideal for someone that wants to coast and have things come to you.

Advice to Management

We're moving in the right direction. Keep the momentum.

ChurnZero Response

Nov 21, 2017 – CEO

Yes! Love working on a product that has ROI impact. As far as being a leader in the space, you will help us get there soon enough!