Cibo Reviews | Glassdoor

Cibo Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2018

4.1
Cibo CEO Lu Lacourte (no image)
Lu Lacourte

"So bad they have to create their own positive reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

the"staff is great. the management and "CEO" in particular are awful

Cons

The recent Glassdoor reviews written in August were all manufactured by the CEO and the yes men he surrounds himself with. He was so freaked out about the honest negative reviews on this site, he had fake reviews created and posted to up his own approval score and create an illusion of happiness. Tool.

Advice to Management

Guys (and it's all guys btw), grow up and confront the CEO for the beast he is. The staff is miserable, clients don't trust a word you say and you are hanging on by accounting tricks and a revolving door of talent. Unless you rein in or remove the "CEO" you might as well pack it in, because he can never get out of his or your way.

Cibo2014-09-16
  2. "Great culture! Smart people!"

I have been working at Cibo

Pros

Cibo's culture is fun, collaborative, and family oriented. Everyone treats each other with respect and kindness. Its the perfect environment to learn, grow, and succeed in. Aside from the culture, Cibo is full of some of the smartest people ive ever worked with, and has the type of attitude that we can do anything. And we can. We are full of talented folks from all sorts of backgrounds, and enjoy taking on new... challenges. Thats what makes it fun. Never a boring day.

Cons

Small companies can feel chaotic and disorganized at times. That can be a con to some and a pro to others.

Cibo2014-08-06
  3. "Smart people, a good place to work"

I have been working at Cibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are talented and fun. Cibo sets the bar pretty high with the quality of its employees. Most bring a wealth of talent and experience to each project. Management is very supportive of its employees and encourages its employees to adjust to improve their work. This in turn helps employees stay on top of current trends and topics everyone is prepared to show what they know with one another. Its pretty... cool to have so many people with so much knowledge at your finger tips. As someone who has worked with a dedicated product team in the past where noting would change in a long time. Having the ability to learn something new with each project is appreciated and refreshing.

Cons

No company is perfect. At times it feels like there is too much overhead and not everyone is on the same page with a projects. But Cibo is also the kind of place where you can take your concerns and talk with co-workers and even management and people will listen to you.

Advice to Management

Please continue to support opportunities to collaborate with employees.

Cibo2014-08-04
  4. "Cibo - Great Culture and Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cibo full-time

Pros

The best thing about Cibo is the group of people you work with. The agency is structured so most people touch multiple accounts and get the opportunity to work with everyone else in the office, which keeps the work you do fresh and exciting. Cibo also takes care of its employees very well. The company sponsors company events at least once a month, which further contributes to the sense of camaraderie among... employees-- Giants games, an afternoon at Bar Bocce in Sausalito, a summer BBQ at the CMO's house, to name a few. Cibo also actively promotes work/life balance, which is generally unheard of in the agency world. Employees come to work, work hard, and are out the door by 5 or 6 PM. This makes Cibo the ideal environment for folks with kids, or just those who have things in their life they like to do besides work. Apart from having a normal work day, Cibo gives employees 4 weeks of paid vacation plus time off during the holidays. Cibo's management also does a great job of providing opportunities for professional development. From having junior members of the team participate in biz dev. pitches, to hosting lunch-and-learns on the latest technologies, to sending employees to conferences relevant to their disciplines, individual professional growth is something that is actively promoted at Cibo. Cibo boasts an impressive client list for such a young firm

Cons

As with many young companies with fewer employees, the organization is pretty horizontal with not many management tiers and few strict processes in place. It is a startup-like culture and you have to have a certain type of personality to thrive.

Cibo2014-08-01
  5. "Great culture, going places"

I have been working at Cibo

Pros

I've been really pleasantly surprised by this company. I joined recently and am thrilled at my decision to join. The company seems to be growing and the projects we're getting are great. There's a fantastic culture where people really care about each other. We just threw a baby shower for one of our employees, and all the designers created individual little outfits for the baby that were so cute. There seems to be a... great work life balance, in particular thanks to the sense that no one cares how you get your work done as long as you do. If you want to come in at 11 and leave at 7, that's just fine with them.

Cons

We're soon going to be outgrowing our office space, so its getting a little cozy, at least on the top floor. Soon people will be having to sit in our downstairs space and it's nicer to have everyone together on one floor.

Advice to Management

There could be more communication about who is in charge of what from a senior leadership perspective.

Cibo2014-08-01
  6. "An environment for top talent"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place is all about the craft of brand experience design. Highly experienced practitioners, working in an environment designed specifically to enable our full potential. I'm thrilled to be here. Very reasonable work hours. A genuine passion for human imagination and creativity. I'm on the creative side of the house and the tech people, account people, PMs are world class. 4 weeks vacation for all, very... flat mgmt structure, great benefits. It's a high performance culture though. We're paid well and are expected to perform at extremely high levels. The HR performance review approach is refreshing as well. There are no "reviews" - instead they call it "coaching" sessions where it's about high performers being coached and their potential enabled rather than getting critical reviews. Highly motivating and gets the best out of people. This place feels more like a family than a job.

Cons

The company is out growing it's space. It's getting a little tight in the office but I think there are plans to move into bigger space soon. And its also going through a lot of growth, so the environment is fast paced. People that don't thrive in high growth environments don't tend to fit in.

Advice to Management

Let's get bigger space soon!

Cibo2014-07-31

"The President gets in his own way, as well as in the way of the company's success"

I have been working at Cibo

Pros

Fun people to work with, super talented designers and account people Nice looking agency in a cool SF location Good work/life balance

Cons

This agency is starved for new business to add to its lackluster client roster. New creative management has a one-track mind and is solely focused on recreating work that has already been done — creative that appeals to one market only. No innovation. President is a nice guy for the most part but his anger/rage issues frighten employees and probably result in the loss of opportunities. As a result, creatives are... forced to work on pro-bono, pet projects that are unimportant.

Advice to Management

Your monstrous reputation precedes you, you should learn how to treat people, especially your staff. Closing a door to scream at people is a waste of time when everyone knows what is going on behind that closed door. Integrity and compassion go a long way. You are in desperate need of new accounts and prospective clients can see through a phony, charming facade.

Cibo2014-02-01