Cielo Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2020

3.5
Cielo Founder & CEO Sue Marks (no image)
Sue Marks
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home, positive and fun culture, vast opportunity to grow, great leadership(in 44 reviews)

• "Excellent flexibility that allowed for optimizing work/life balance(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work load is high - lack of work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "I worked at this company when it was still called "Pinstripe" and I've seen dramatic, negative changes spanning over half a decade(in 17 reviews)

1. "Proud to be a part of this company."

Current Employee - Brand Strategy Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love that I am doing meaningful work that has a real impact on people and organizations across the globe - extremely rewarding, especially in uncertain times like now. Our team and our company has really pulled together these past weeks and months to be supportive, encouraging and open-minded in how we face challenge after challenge. This stems from our CEO's great leadership and open, ongoing communications and cascades down to our department leaders and their openness and support. It makes me very proud and grateful to be here.

Cons

We work extremely hard here. I don't see that as a con though. I enjoy giving 110%.

June 11, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi Andy Curlewis, SVP of Brand & Digital here. Thanks so much for the positive words and indeed for the hard work recently – we’ve never been busier given the huge uptick in market demand for brand, social media, reputation management and digital tools so super grateful and proud to be part of such a great team that is helping our clients with really important solutions for the current context.

"Leading RPO with a diverse portfolio of clients from Healthcare to Commercial."

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Private company. Ability to work remotely. Good technical support from I.T. Good communication from management/leaders. Benefits getting better.

Cons

Workload can be high. Decision to hand out an annual bonus is always last minute and that makes it difficult to plan/budget.

May 14, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback – both positive and constructive! I love the shout-out to our IT team, and will definitely pass that along – thank you! It is definitely an area I have seen us make improvements in as well. Their support absolutely sets us up for success, and has been particularly essential as we recently transitioned to a fully-remote environment. Also, I’m glad to hear you feel that our communications keep you informed, and we have been working to improve our total rewards package – thank you for your feedback and recognition of these improvements! It is a reality, I know, the workload can be challenging. My hope is you find it rewarding and that you and your leader are connecting regularly to ensure your workload is manageable. Finally, I can appreciate your perspective on bonuses and it does happen last-minute. It does vary from year to year and those numbers are not usually finalized until right before bonus is paid. If ever you want to share more about your experience with Cielo, please reach out to me any time on Teams or at tara.cassady@cielotalent.com.

"SDO Delivery Lead"

Current Employee - Delivery Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I left 5 stars a few years back and returning to update as I still agree. Cielo says “own your own success” and truly follows this. Started in an entry level position and moved up into a leadership position in a short time. The majority of my managers over my years here were great and supportive. I’ve seen a lot of comments on favoritism or “caddy” groups, I’ve had minimal experience with this, but tend to remove myself from these situations and focus on my job. Cielo (along with almost every other company in the US) is going through a difficult time and making difficult decisions. I’m grateful for the thoughtfulness and care they’re taking in their temporary decisions to impact the least amount of employees. A great company to grow with, supportive leadership, fun culture, open mind to new ideas (which can be implemented quickly without a long approval process), good PTO, benefits are improving

Cons

Positions shifting to global centers while has advantages, also provides less positions for the US. Workload can be a bit high at times and tight deadlines. 401k match is low.

June 10, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Dan Bates, SVP of Operations. Since it appears you’re on our SDO team, I know I am meeting with you and your team members pretty regularly, but please let me know if we’re missing something in our communication cadences. You should already have a Skip Level scheduled with me but if ever there’s more you feel we can be doing, please don’t hesitate to share that with your leader, with me or with a member of the People & Culture team. I’m always available on Teams or via email at Daniel.Bates@cielotalent.com if you want to share more about your experience with Cielo. Stay well and stay safe!

"Company is not what it used to be"

I worked at Cielo full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with some great people at Cielo

Cons

Too much bureaucracy to get done what was needed

June 16, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Marissa Geist, COO. I agree that Cielo is not the same company that it used to be but for me, we’ve grown in so many incredible ways. I know that the growth we’ve experienced has caused us to make some changes, but the goal is to actually increase efficiency and decrease bureaucracy – I’m disappointed to read that’s not what you experienced. If ever you have additional feedback to share, please reach out to me any time at Marissa.Geist@cielotalent.com.

"Company emailed us to tell us they were decreasing our pay"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are very good at sending out a mass email to notify their employees that they have been furloughed and/or had to take a mandatory cut in pay.

Cons

The bonus is never paid out. They took away the 401K match. And now they just cut our pay by 10% and notified us by a company wide email...not a phone call. Email.

April 10, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Greg Summers, President of North America. Like many organizations, the economic impact of COVID-19 has put us in the challenging position to make some temporary changes to our workforce. Our goal through the communications we’ve been sending over the past few weeks has been to be as transparent as possible, and to help our people understand that we’re all in this together. Like all companies experiencing the pace of change that we have for the past few weeks, the means of communication we normally depend on may not be viable. I know our managers did their best to get to everyone prior to the company announcement being sent, but I understand some were not able to connect with their team members in time. We’re doing our best to keep employees informed in a timely manner, and appreciate the way they have adapted during this unprecedented time. I encourage you to contact me or your leader to talk more about your experience. I’m available any time through Teams or at greg.summers@cielotalent.com.

6. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

growth opportunities, annual bonuses, work/life balance, remote opportunities

Cons

average benefits, PTO "use it or lose it"

April 10, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. I’m glad to read you’ve found opportunity for growth at Cielo and more importantly, that the flexibility we offer has helped you to create a sense of work/life balance. I also want to thank you for taking a moment to share positive feedback, with a balance of what more we can be doing! As for the PTO, we do allow you to roll over up to 40 hours each year. It just has to be used by March 15 of the following year. With your tenure, I know you have a lot of weeks to use and I highly encourage you to prioritize taking that time! If you have any other feedback to share or questions I can answer, please reach out to me any time through Teams or tara.cassady@cielotalent.com. Thank you for your feedback!

"Innovative, Challenging work, Growth opportunities, & Excellent Culture"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Able to develop your own career path, challenging work, and flexibility

Cons

Company growth brings lots of change - so you need to be flexible and comfortable with change; but with that lots of reward for hard work

March 9, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi there, this is Marissa Geist, COO. Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I’m glad to hear you’ve realized the opportunity develop your career here. The growth we’ve experienced in the time you’ve been with Cielo has brought about a lot of change, but with that comes a lot of opportunity, and as you said, great reward! We have big plans to continue to grow over the next few years, and we’re glad to have you on board for the journey!

"lack of work life balance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some great people Had a good leader enhanced my skills

Cons

Work load is high - lack of work/life balance No career path/leadership training for Sr Recruiters Entry level recruiters replacing more tenured employees due to cost Sr leadership is very removed from what is going on in the front line All about the bottom line Low salaries Some people allowed to work from home, others are not

March 9, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Tara Cassady, EVP of Client Services. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the people you worked with, had a great leader and developed your skills at Cielo. We do work hard and expect a lot of ourselves. Our goal is to empower employees to find their own sense of work/life balance through offering flexibility with benefits like having the ability to work from home, flexible work hours and a generous PTO package. What we do is rewarding and I hope that you realize the impact you had in the time you were here. I’m disappointed to read that you felt that the senior management is disconnected from the front line. My leaders and I work hard to help all employees feel engaged and I’m sorry if that was not the case for you. I know you’ve already left, but if you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experience, please reach out any time at tara.cassady@cielotalent.com. Best of luck in your next role. I hope the skills you developed at Cielo serve you well, and continue to grow.

"Zero work-life balance. Terrible on boarding. Incredible pressure."

Former Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Attempts at a positive culture were made, but there were too many changes to the company that made this a completely toxic environment.

Cons

I’ll never forget the day my mother had a stroke. I called my manager in tears asking if I could leave work to go to the hospital and with no sympathy, she said “that’s fine” after a pause, and in a tone that made me feel that I was in trouble. No manager should ever make their employee feel that work should come before a family emergency. Aside from this, I showed up to work on my first day and didn’t know who my manager was. Nobody did. I sat in my desk after being told that my manager would be there to get me in 10 minutes. After about 30, I started asking around and nobody knew. I came to find out my manager lived and worked in Canada - but I was never told this. My manager changed several times within my first few months and I felt like I was being tossed around. I do not recommend this as a viable long-term career option for anyone. The implementation of the SDO model came later, which we were told was to make sure teams were adequately staffed and workloads were balanced. They didn’t listen to employee concerns of manual tracking and logging every single daily task into a computer system. Every. Single. Task. Every day. Along with how many minutes it took to do each task. This felt very elementary from an employee perspective. There is a culture of obvious favoritism and the other reviews that compare some of the teams to “Mean Girls” are not wrong.

April 10, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Dan Bates, Senior Vice President of Operations. First, I’m very sorry to read about your mom and hope that she’s ok. I’m also disappointed to read about your day one experience. Not knowing who your manager is or where they’re located is unacceptable, and I’m sorry that happened, along with the leadership transitions you experienced early on. The SDO model was built partially to solve for that type of experience. The tracking mechanisms you mentioned do measure activity with the intention of ensuring appropriately-staffed teams and balanced workloads. They are not meant to micro-manage or measure performance. We’re working to automate our core systems and update our reporting tools to avoid the manual nature of how we currently track activity. The goal is to use the data from this reporting to grow our team members’ versatility, leverage their expertise and ultimately, empower them to focus on the aspects of their job that they love. The comments about leaders not caring could not be further from the truth. I would actually say that sometimes we trip over ourselves because we care so much about our people, our clients and the work that we do. I’m concerned that the situation you describe was not brought to my attention, or that of my management team. We pride ourselves on our doors being open, and even now, our phones and Teams chats always being available. I’d love the opportunity to speak directly with you about the experience you describe so we can better understand where we can improve, please contact me. I can be reached at daniel.bates@cielotalent.com or 262.439.1294.

"Run far and run fast."

I worked at Cielo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy to complete my work.

Cons

When I think about my time at Cielo, three things come to mind. Unorganized leadership that is constantly “pivoting” due to pressure from the board, a toxic work culture that left me with a pit in my stomach every single day and the unease created by seemingly semiannual layoffs. To Cielo’s credit they are very much in a transitional phase and hopefully they will come out of the changes a better place to work. My advice to anyone considering taking a position here, run far and run fast.

March 9, 2020Corporate Communications Manager

Hi, this is Marissa Geist, COO. Goodness! I hope you didn’t feel this way for the 3-4 years you were here. That’s a long time to stay with an organization where you feel as you described in your post. Did something change recently to make you feel his way? The environment you describe does not reflect our values, and I hope that you talked to someone about the issues you faced when you were here. We are in a transitional phase, and it’s one of growth and expansion. It’s dynamic and challenging, and should be exciting – I’m disappointed to hear that was not the case for you. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please contact me at marissa.geist@cielotalent.com.

Found 507 reviews