Cigital Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

3.7
Cigital Chairman and CEO John L. Wyatt
John L. Wyatt

Pros
  • I learned a lot about Web Application Security in 6 months (in 5 reviews)

• Only a handful of smart people left so some good knowledge being distributed (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 401k Match, Some client managers do not earn their pay and have trouble handling the work load (in 2 reviews)

• The company spends nothing on training its staff, or allowing them any time to attend conferences, external training (in 2 reviews)

"Great culture, great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cigital full-time

Pros

The volume of talent within Cigital is overwhelming, I'm incredibly proud to be working alongside my colleagues, I learn so much every day.

The support that's available to you as a consultant allows you to really give the clients the solution that's best suited for them.

The company actually cares about the greater good of the industry and building things correctly unlike other firm's who are too obsessed with breaking into things. Unlike others, Cigital not only breaks in but gives actionable, tailored guidance for every single issue found.

The compensation is reflective of that which is expected if you and the company really recognizes and rewards hard work and extra curricular efforts.

There are very clear and definitive career progression paths and the company supports you in many ways along your path. The mentors hip scheme is particularly beneficial for those knew to the industry.

Cons

The company does have a great catalogue of training material but some more hands on challenges would be great. That being said, since joining Cigital I've witnessed the addition of many such challenges.

Jul 24, 2014 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the positive feedback, we do our best to ensure Cigital is a place where people can grow personally and professionally. Your suggestion about having more hands-on challenges is a great ... More

"Used to be a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Cigital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Few smart people work here.

Projects are most of the time interesting and challenging.

Good CEO and HR leadership.

Cons

Very strong political environment with poor management and technical leadership.

Business development is more valued than quality of deliverables.

Minimum holidays, bonus package not in line with the market.

Some of their consultants have been working on the same account at the same desk doing the same thing day after day well over a year.

Mandatory company events to the US. Straight to work at client side upon landing in the UK.

Gary McGraw and his talks

Jun 19, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Having worked here for more than 5 years you should know our client relationships and what we deliver to them are top priorities. While we do our best to make sure our ... More

"The best Company I have ever worked for..."

Current Employee - Consultant (Can't Say What Level!) in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant (Can't Say What Level!) in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cigital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart People. Challenging work. Really deep security knowledge everywhere. Customers really buy-in to what we do.

Cons

Benefits could be better compared to some other companies

Advice to Management

More hacking and Red Teaming please!

Apr 10, 2014 – Marketing Manager

We're pleased to have you on our growing Cigital team, and hope you will be with us for years to come.

"Extremely Dissapointed"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cigital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only a handful of smart people left so some good knowledge being distributed.

Cons

It is one of the worst consulting firms. I have worked at many other consulting firms, but this one is the worst. They make extremely false promises about bonuses and other things, however as they get cheaper folks, they immediately start finding reasons as to why they dont need you anymore. They want you to train juniors and then start promoting them while you sit at the same position.

Also all the original smart folks who has joined have already left. They hired a bunch of senior folks earlier last year, but the senior folks immediately left within a few months. That explains how bad they are.

Advice to Management

None..its fruitless

Apr 10, 2014 – Marketing Manager

We're really sorry to hear you’re disappointed with your Cigital experience to date, but we’d like to help improve it. If you haven't done so already we encourage you to talk to you mentor about the ... More