Cigna Reviews in Bourbonnais, IL | Glassdoor

David Cordani

1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customer service team worked together very well.

Cons

Management was not respectful to its staff

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and recognize without their efforts you would not have gainful employment.

2. "Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excilent place to work, the managers take time to find out what makes us happy and what needs improvent to make our careers better. There's plenty of advancement

Cons

I have none a all

"Csa"

Current Employee - CSA in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - CSA in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comfy pay, great incentives nice coffee machine

Cons

Can be a bit clique-ish. You gotta brown nose for opportunities, be buddy buddy with management in order to be considered for promotion. Typical call center stress! Adherence this, adherence that. Treat call off like it's the end of the world.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring supervisors off the street. They should start from the bottom up or at least have some type of insurance background.

5. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Associate in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Associate in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Consistent professionalism, relevant, current, competitive wages and concepts

Cons

went back about ten years with merger/Rx

Advice to Management

allow workers to choose if they want to move with mergers - offer alternatives!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Bourbonnais, IL

Pros

None don't work here, travel to a different area for employment since they don't like you if you and outsider, you will only move up if you friends with upper management.

Cons

Horrible place to work, leader are very unprofessional tattoos and cursing all over the place horrible dresscode, employees under pay and you can only move up if you from the area or you know " the good old boy system"

Advice to Management

Hire prepared and professional employees.

"Medicare D Coverage Determination Team"

Former Employee - Pharmacy CSA in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy CSA in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great co-workers, 401k. I was only generous with two stars because I had amazing co-workers

Cons

Last minute mandatory OT, overbearing rediculous upper management who uses relentless bullying as a means of controlling their staff.

Advice to Management

I tried for 4 years to get into Cigna before finally getting hired. I wanted to retire with the company. Unfortunately, Cigna Healthspring's bullying and unrealistic expectations of their pharmacy team made working here unbearable. If we couldn't work the last minute overtime, we were told it would come out of our sick pay. No mind to the people who have kids or go to school full time also. I was told that not being able to work my OT because it was finals week at school would be an occurrence. During inclement weather, we were told we could use PTO to go home, but only after the whole dept had a melt down. We were never told this in the morning so everyone who chose to leave just drove in the storm (they also implemented mandatory OT THE SAME DAY). Healthspring's scheduling decisions never make sense. They open up voluntary OT for the week (with intentions to mandate it anyway) and then your voluntary hours don't count towards the mandated. Don't you understand that if you told the employees their voluntary OT hours counted towards mandated if implemented, you'd get ALOT more volunteers? Basically, what it comes down to is that the work and life balance, and ridiculous, overbearing upper management is the reason I chose to leave. It's sad really. You've lost 22 people or more in the past 6 months, and you still think that your employees are the issue.

"ICSA"

Current Employee - Icsa in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Icsa in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It pays the bills and that is it. Somewhat stable employer but this Anthem Merger that is going in effect soon my change that.

Cons

Not much room for advancement and the outsourcing for lower paid workers is troublesome. Favoritism is rampant. Training is awful. Systems can get slow and freeze. Expected to learn by email sometimes. Pay is terrible.

Advice to Management

Cut the favoritism and actually help each and every employee you manage to advance and give them more opportunities. Overhaul training.

"Successful"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Quality coaches are great. Great company to invest in a lot of chances to grow in the company.

Cons

Unless hired on straight into Cigna working for a temp service at Cigna it's very hard to get into the company working as a temp.

Advice to Management

N/a

"Internet Customer service"

Former Employee - Illinois in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Illinois in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great managers. They are very helpful. Education reimbursement. Opportunities to learn more in other departments. Opportunities for overtime.

Cons

You cannot work here if you have no back bone. You must be able to handle difficult calls and irrate customers. Sometimes this will be a daily issue.

Advice to Management

There is little advancement into management positions. Managers are not paid much more than customer service reps. They are also expected to work overtime when they are short staffed and work weekends or holidays.

"Personal Service Advocate"

Current Employee - Personal Advocate in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Personal Advocate in Bourbonnais, IL

Pros

I have worked at Cigna since 2008 and have to say this company cares about its employees and customers. I love the job I do know I am provided our customers the absolute best experience they can get for their healthcare needs.

Cons

There are no cons about working for this company.

Showing 24 of 1,516 reviews