Cigna Reviews | Glassdoor

Cigna Reviews

Updated June 25, 2017

Cons

1. "Banking Analyst (ASO)"

Former Employee - Banking Analyst/Financial Services Specialist in New Britain, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, flex hours,

Cons

Large work load, fast paced, poor management

Advice to Management

More work at home days, there is no reason why only 2 work at home days are allowed. More work at home days would help with department morale.

2. "CEO is the best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the culture and the people. They got rid of annual performance reviews, which is fantastic.

Cons

Hard to move up and development is really on you.

3. "Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance and team-oriented company

Cons

Not very much opportunity in my area unless you were a nurse

Advice to Management

Create career paths for all disciplines

4. "Great people"

Former Employee - Hrd in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Hrd in Hartford, CT

Pros

Loved my co-workers. Good flexibility. Thought my compensation was very fair. Very good career mobility internally. Employee welfare benefits were solid.

Cons

There are still some of the long time workers who are quite entrenched and not particularly pleasant to work with. But that's increasingly rare as they begin to retire.

Advice to Management

There probably could have been some more courageous decision making made with regards to offering some highly compensated employees a soft place to land until they retired. Some stood in the way of getting things done.

5. "Wonderful Work Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Very likable community with many initiatives and positive experiences, especially in the main headquarters. Work from home and employee award programs are fantastic, they do a great job recognizing employees and teams. Internal communication is well done along with employee engagement. I love the work I do with my team as well as being able to see the impact it has on our customers.

Cons

The office I work in does not have the best food or most diverse dietary options, but HQ does which is nice when I visit once or twice a month.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making the work culture so wonderful. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years with the company and look forward to more.

6. "Medical Underwriter"

Current Employee - Medical Underwriter in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Underwriter in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Work at home twice a week. Friendly managers. Great benefits. Easy access to training. Plenty of opportunities to advance

Cons

Medical insurance every year gets more costly as an employee with rising annual deductibles to meet. Company should cover more prescription medications

7. "Overall Okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO, flexible schedule, laid back atmosphere, friendly people, diverse and mixed management. Room to advance your career here.

Cons

Just like any other corporation, a lot of politics and red tape. Employees are spread thin and management overworked. Uncertain future with this industry.

"Cigna"

Former Employee - Professional in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Professional in Hartford, CT

Pros

Lots of smart people. Interesting work. Decent comp package.

Cons

Territoriality in some pockets/teams. Lack of cogent strategy.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Medical Group Employee In Non-executive Leadership in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cigna (More than 10 years)

Pros

High quality and excellent patient care is a strong priority. The staff at the medical group offices are, for the most part, top notch. This is a well organized and caring medical group. They are compliant, receive high ratings from the state inspections, follow the laws/rules required, have an excellent nursing staff and non-licensed staff. As with most medical offices the majority of the physicians are very good.

Cons

At the supervisor/manager levels the team works extremely long hours. If someone leaves no one was ever replaced in the leadership roles. The work was assumed by the existing team. Not sure what is happening to Cigna Medical Group but their patient numbers is diminishing at a high rate. Other medical groups are passing Cigna up by leaps and bounds. It's really sad.

Advice to Management

To the executive management team for the medical group...get out of your ivory tower and see what your director does/doesn't do. He is extremely difficult to work with and quite frankly when we see him in meetings and you are there his pretending to cater to you is embarrassing to watch. In addition he falls asleep at meetings, he makes fun of anyone who may have a English as a 2nd language. His prejudices are apparent. If you question him he becomes defensive and irate, then will walk out of a meeting slamming the door. Not a professional individual. You see one side, but then there is his real side. It's sad to see how afraid people are of him and won't talk about him except in private areas. It's time for new a new director/leader who can put Cigna back on the map. There have been so many lay offs that many of us, who were top performers, would not consider going back to Cigna. The C in Cigna stands for change (which can be good) but the "a" in Cigna simply says "adios" to the high level performers who don't kiss the Director's behind.

10. "Excellent opportunity, a lot of hard work"

Current Employee - Group Claims Associate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Group Claims Associate in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cigna offers great base pay and job security. I enjoy working for a company that cares about making their employees happy!

Cons

As with any company, the expectations and metrics are high and leave employees feeling somewhat overworked. Nothing that is wrong, or bad. This ca just become a little draining.

Showing 458 of 1,540 reviews