Cigna TECDP Reviews | Glassdoor

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani
David Cordani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great Pay, Great Company"

Current Employee - TECDP in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - TECDP in Nashville, TN

Pros

Great Salary, Great People, Would not change jobs unless I was fired. One of the best companies to work for, if you can find a way in.

Cons

Maybe too many young people. But I understand the new atmosphere of young people, there is just maybe too many of us.

Advice to Management

Non, Keep the great work, You guys are awesome and are doing an amazing job! I have no other recommendations for you. Thank you,

2. "Great family oriented work culture"

Current Employee - TECDP Program Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the CEO and the top lvl execs and the company culture and strategy. Great company to work for in the health care industry. I believe Cigna is the pioneer the industry.

Great Brand presence and marketing. I actually really like the Cigna brand despite not liking the industry.

Easy to move to a new team if you get bored. Company wants employees to stay.

Generally an ethical company where people don't try to take shortcuts that will harm customers.

Everyone is easy going and work from home is common here.

Ample amount of PTO and paid holidays.

Cons

Unfortunately if you are in IT the company does not provide much technical growth. Unless you are an IT principal or system architect, your job might be outsourced to contractors and you will be forced to be a project manager, people manager, or business analyst and do paper pushing work or have meetings all day. Much of the technology you use is big box software from IBM so the skills only transfer between employers if other companies use the same technology. Work is very siloed. People have been doing the same thing for 15+ years.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing your IT and hiring contractors if you want your software to work better.

3. "TECDP Intern"

Former Intern - TECDP Intern
    Former Intern - TECDP Intern

I worked at Cigna as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Meaningful project work
    Good exposure to what full-time role would look like in TECDP program

Cons

Expected to contribute to TECDP initiatives. Not all initiatives are value added to the internship experience

4. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - TECDP Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - TECDP Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great positive culture of personal development and work-life balance. Insane mobility across functions and locations. Allows full-time work from home from virtually anywhere.

Cons

Like any huge corporation, if your manager or organization leadership is bad, your experience will be bad. But, overall culture is great.

5. "TECDP"

Current Employee - TECDP Program Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - TECDP Program Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cigna (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offer leadership and international opportunities to early career hires

Cons

Some restrictions around role movement and promotions while in the program

6. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - TECDP Associate in East Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - TECDP Associate in East Windsor, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TECDP is cool because it allows you to rotate around to get a variety of experiences in roles across the company

Cons

Like all big companies, tiny yearly raises are annoying

7. "TECDP not so great"

Current Employee - TECDP Associate
    Current Employee - TECDP Associate

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, good work life balance (except when required to go to TECDP training), good 401k match and generous vesting rules, access to upper management for TECDP. TECDP gives you room to make errors.

Cons

For Cigna in general, the healthcare plans are way too expensive, no real company subsidized perks (free food, employee events, etc).

The TECDP program not really technical but more business frat like. Associates are required to run and plan administrative functions like networking events and recruiting which distracts from actual technical part of the job. There's too much politics and your performance is partially determined by feedback from fellow associates who worked with you once or twice on projects within the development program but not actually with you on a technical project. People can be really critical and leave you really bad feedback without a second thought because they don't have to deal with you or see you everyday.

Your performance seems to be based on how well known your name is within the program for taking on mostly non-technical project managing tasks such as planning a training event. Leadership in the program is filled with ambitious/power hungry associates who like to boss people around and make as much drama as possible. There are good people in the program but they don't make themselves known and stay out of the politics.

Your salary is managed by the program but most of your time is suppose to be spent supporting Cigna in an IT function. This creates a great conflict of interest on whether you actually want to focus your time on playing along with TECDP politics or on actually developing your IT skills. On top of that even though you are an adult now, the program managers expect you to drop your daily work and go to mandatory training sessions. These training sessions are not technical in nature but rather include all day long presentations on general company propaganda or vague IT buzzwords like DevOps or big data. I find these training sessions a waste of my time.

I think working for Cigna without all the TECDP drama would be a better experience.

Advice to Management

Provide more actual technical training and guidance. Be aware of poisonous ambitions of some people in your Lead Team.

"Solid Corporation, great work-life balance"

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, lots of PTO, ability to work from home when needed, good pay

Cons

poor bonus structure for band 3 employees, TECDP program is very political and mostly revolves around the Connecticut office.

"Good coworkers, so-so leadership"

Current Employee - TECDP Associate in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - TECDP Associate in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your coworkers are generally pretty easy to get along with. Management is iffy, though, and it totally depends on who you work for (as with any company).

Cons

-HR processes are not transparent, especially within the TECDP program.

-Some managers do not respect work-life balance. Just because I don't have a wife and kids doesn't mean I want/need to work 60+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, and they'll respect you back.

"Would never go back to the Bloomfield office, Philadelphia office not as bad."

Former Intern - TECDP Intern in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Intern - TECDP Intern in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on who your specific boss is there is some leeway in hours and such.

Cons

The people are rude and not very friendly in the Bloomfield office.