Cigna "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Cigna Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 24, 2019

3.5
Pros
  • "Also love that there’s so much flexibility to work from home - a huge plus for working parents(in 292 reviews)

• "Culture also focuses on Work-Life Balance(in 194 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"This company cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cigna is miles ahead in technology and in employee engagement compared with their competitors. The culture isn’t as stuffy as other companies I’ve worked for, they really believe if you take care of your own, they’ll take care of the customer. There isn’t a tool I’ve needed that wasn’t offered to me to do my job well. I’ve also never seen so many senior leaders so accessible to their associates. They have great... leadership programs which allow college kids to gain the experience they need to be successful in management later. They also have programs to develop mid-management and senior leadership as well. I’ve been given incredible support to do my job and everyone has been willing to help me. It’s not unusual for people to move around to gain cross functional experience. When people leave positions it’s still usually to stay at the company. Also love that there’s so much flexibility to work from home - a huge plus for working parents. Performance reviews are based on ongoing conversations with management vs a ten page document that you have to write up at the end of the year. It definitely forces you to stay engaged with your leaders on what’s going on. There’s a big emphasis on educating employees around difference between diversity vs inclusion - i appreciate that this company goes deeper than just making the company “look” different. CEO has a huge part in diversifying company and is very active in veteran and military support. Overall I’m really happy here, sure there’s still some typical corporate annoyances but there’s none of the toxic behaviors I saw at my last company. I sit near contractors who are sticking around and not taking other gigs in the hopes of getting fully employed by Cigna one day - that’s a nice testament to their experience.

Cons

Company getting bigger with Express Scripts acquisition so might be losing that personal touch a little but so far so good.

Advice to Management

Continue fireside chats with associates and ongoing communications/blogs by executives. It’s nice to see them taking the time to share about what’s going on. Continue taking care of employees, the trickle effect is real- not only to customers but to each other. Leaders should continue to model how they want us to treat one another internally.

Cigna2019-11-10
  2. "Audited documents sent to clients"

Former Employee - Quality Review Auditor in Scranton, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home Transitioned from different departments easily Lots of educational opportunities

Cons

Management was poor at times They weren’t as thorough as I would expect

Cigna2019-11-25

"Great Company To Work"

Current Employee - Case Manager Specialist

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-life balance Great pay Excellent benefits that keep getting better Work from home opportunities Excellent medical coverage

Cons

Role has turned into more of a sales-like job. Given more work to do over the years and less time to complete it.

Cigna2019-11-04
  4. "Internship Review"

Former Intern - Cyber Security Analyst Intern in Phila, PA

I worked at Cigna for less than a year

Pros

- gym free for interns - free food once in a while -great culture -Philadelphia location in the city -work from home

Cons

- a lot of free time - too many workshops to attend, that's not related to what your focused on during the summer -low pay compared to other companies ( $18 per hour)

Advice to Management

- Make sure that managers are prepared for interns. The work was pretty slow.

Cigna2019-11-17

"Not a Place for Me"

Current Employee - Client Manager

I have been working at Cigna full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Lots of good benefits such as reimbursing higher education tuition up to $12K/year, 15 PTO days + 6 holidays • Flexible work from home schedule - comes with this job role • Good training through Sales Academy

Cons

Work from home culture makes company lack culture in certain satellite offices • Senior management can be unfair - they have "favorites" and stick to that • Lack of diversity • Can be hard to navigate around this company as a first job

Advice to Management

Create a more welcoming environment. A lot of the satellite offices are lacking that work culture, and makes it hard for new people to feel connected or want to stay here.

Cigna2019-11-12
  6. "Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have the option to work from home.

Cons

You can have very heavy case loads at times.

Cigna2019-10-19
  7. "Flexible WAH"

Former Employee - Implementation Service Coordinator

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home was flexible and convenient.

Cons

Salary did not match workload. Upper management made decisions on jobs they did not understand.

Cigna2019-10-15

"Positives outweigh the cons"

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flex work schedule, work at home, decent pay, some autonomy depending on manager. Team atmosphere. Good PTO and holiday days.

Cons

Lots of ambiguity around roles and responsibilities. Frustrating upper management. Year end discussions are mostly BS. Not much for career growth paths from management. Be careful of providing honest feedback.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to employees and apply feedback without backlash. Coach your employees on future career steps instead of selfishly trying to keep them in your department.

Cigna2019-10-09
  9. "claims examiner"

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work at home program was great

Cons

online time card was annoying

Cigna2019-10-09
  10. "Overall a solid company to work for"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Hooksett, NH

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong leaders with clear vision Telecommute (work from home) Salary

Cons

Workload was excessive, so resulted in unrealistic expectations around turnaround times

Advice to Management

Reduce offshoring as this creates longer turnaround times to install new client accounts

Cigna2019-10-03