Cigna Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 25, 2021

3.8
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home during pandemic(in 359 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, benefits are good(in 266 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor work/life balance part of culture(in 84 reviews)

• "health insurance benefits were not the best(in 77 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cigna and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good company

Jan 20, 2021 - Health Engagement Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very specific job training, will not leave you feeling unprepared. Work life balance, good benefits, open line of communication with upper-management, psychological safety

Cons

N/a, can’t think of anything at this time

2. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good management/Bad overall communication

Jan 11, 2021 - Sales Operations Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hiring process was through a temp agency, had to go through multiple steps just to even get in the door and multiple interviews. Also had to watch numerous videos...etc. My manger in my department was good and the pay was awesome. I wasnt offered benefits since I was a temp, but I know if hired on full time they were good. Work/life balance was good as well.

Cons

Communication was absolutely terrible between the departments. Just getting the equipment was a nightmare and training was SUPER rushed. And once we were done training, we were just thrown into the wolves. Luckily, I pick up on things quickly and was ok...but if I messed up one tiny thing it was just a constant stream of people upset with you. Also, I was brought on as a a temp and was told they would be hiring atleast 5/7 temps to full time at the end of our 3 month contract. So, I worked my butt off ONLY to be lied to and told there werent any jobs available when our contract was ending. I emailed the manager responsible for hiring on any temps and he couldnt even RESPOND to my email inquiring about open positions, which was VERY RUDE and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

EPMs get to work on programs involving multiple application teams

Jan 18, 2021 - Enterprise Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, there is a culture of keeping customers first

Cons

Programs might sometime take longer than needed due to red tape and the many processes that need to be followed

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Salaries Lacking, Decent Work-Life Balance

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fairly decent work-life balance - Good facilities (plenty of parking) - Excellent co-workers!

Cons

Non-competitive salaries. With 5+ years of experience you have so many places to work in the area. Plenty competitors offering higher salaries for less responsibility. We've lost several top performers on our team due to this, when we wanted to counter to keep them around we were capped far too low. Once we were able to match but the now former employee wanted to leave because "it was like pulling teeth" to get a proper pay increase with Cigna. Certain benefits that helped give Cigna a slight way to stand out, like education reimbursement for example, have been reduced massively. Other problems is the health insurance itself, it's very expensive. You'd think working for the company we'd be given a discount, you'd be very wrong. *Hot button issue* but worth stating that regarding "Diversity & Inclusion". Oh... they're very "accepting", just don't you dare have a different opinion about anything they deem holy. I'm not remotely a conservative or "on the right" even a little but even I know there is an openly hostile environment towards them. You can chant left-wing slogans, most of which I fully support (out of work), but you'll be immediately in trouble if you even mention you agree with a mainstream Republican viewpoint. It's highly toxic and very troubling, again this coming from a liberal... I cannot imagine how truly miserable it must be for conservatives to work for Cigna. We've alienated tons of awesome people due to the overt left-wing pandering.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great Salary, Great Benefits, Terrible bureaucracy

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I make a great amount of money and I don't have to work incredibly hard. Good work life balance, benefits are good.

Cons

Bureaucracy of software development is stifling

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company to work for

Jan 20, 2021 - Case Management Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support, work life balance, great peers/employees

Cons

Nothing I can specifically think of that is a con

7. 4.0

N/a

Jan 20, 2021 - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Flexibility and work life balance

Cons

Slow career progression. Can’t really climb up the corporate ladder that quickly

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Five Star Company

Jan 18, 2021 - Client Account Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, work-life balance, professionalism, diversity

Cons

Working fourth quarter can be challenging

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Been with the company almost a decade

May 17, 2020 - Resource Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management- personally I’ve been very fortunate to have great leadership at this company Educational Reimbursement- great programs some even pay 100% full tuition no out of pocket at all 401k- matches 6% Pto- 180 hrs a year you use to get 5 days extra every 5 years up to 20 but they discontinued that Work life balance- working remotely with a very flexible schedule (varies by department)

Cons

Insurance- if you have a family it’s very costly and takes an EXTREMELY hard hit on your paycheck this can make life a bit hard especially if you are a 1 income household and the deductibles are pretty high just recently after 10yrs I’ve seen them change to a copay plan but the premiums are still costly for families -My biggest ISSUE (PAY) after comparing other companies and what I do now I’m paid wayyy below market value this is complaint of a lot of other employees also and they usually quit and come back but are offered much better salaries or hourly pay when coming from the outside again. To give you an example the from line customer service reps start at $16 no experience customer service for BOA starts at $20 am hour no experience 4 dollars is huge in this economy so I would say this is the biggest issue with the company that I see. For myself personally I don’t qualify for homes in my area and would have to settle to put my children in less fortunate areas and schools districts if I purchase with the income I currently make. Some departments are a dead end with no opportunities for growth

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Loved it!

Jan 12, 2021 - Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, virtual, growth, work/life balance

Cons

leadership, meetings that can be emails, differences in each market

Viewing 1 - 10 of 347 Reviews