Found 1,473 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I also think that the benefits (including their pension program) are really great." (in 151 reviews)
- "Overall it was a great place to work and people were great to work with" (in 60 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and staffing ratios" (in 43 reviews)
- "Really nice staff great experience" (in 34 reviews)
- "Culture is good." (in 27 reviews)
- "boring work and low pay" (in 94 reviews)
- "Poor management, egos of some staff.PTO is difficult to build the first five years.Difficult to remove poor employees.Location" (in 67 reviews)
- "Parking is inconvenient but better than some of the other local hospitals." (in 22 reviews)
- "Avoid managers who haven't held their role for a while." (in 22 reviews)
- "Being floated to units with poor leadership." (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cincinnati Children's Hospital and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 3, 2023Supervisor, Lab OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsCincinnati, OH
Shared values are practiced at all levels, total competition, benefits
Non-profit status means salaries are not as competitive. Offsite parking adds 40 min to the work day.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Clinical Integration AnalystCurrent Employee
working to help children is a big up. acquire PTO fast. they take entry level people. for the most part everyone is friendly and willing to help in any way they can
always understaffed, we are three people short at the moment and was told no one can work any overtime as it exceeds the budget even though they have 3 more salaries budgeted that are not being used. also there's a lot of "I've been here for (insert years) so you can do everything"1
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023EMR AnalystCurrent EmployeeCincinnati, OH
Children’s hospital has great core values and typically demonstrates the values they speak about. There is multiple opportunities for different pathways of career advancement. They do complete market adjustments for each discipline. I have also seen a lot of growth recently with diversity and it appears to be impacting the climate. They do value and take employee feedback.
Market adjustments for salaries do come about every 3 years so depending on timing you may see this quickly or not. It is a large organization so it is easy to be overlooked for promotions if you do not speak up about your accomplishments. It can take some time to see improvements made related to employee feedback, more than likely due to size of company.1
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Behavioral Health SpecialistCurrent EmployeeCincinnati, OH
Network with many people and have a lot of opportunities to grow.
Management in SRU was not best.
- 4.0Jul 19, 2023Patient Care Assistant (PCA)Current Employee, more than 1 yearCincinnati, OH
Number 1 pediatric hospital in US, diverse, can wear any scrubs, new medical equipment and technology, Voalte phones are awesome, training/orientation at your own pace with productive meetings, and employees are very open and have department events outside of work.
Pay is poorer compared to nearby hospitals and has limited bonus opportunities. The hospital is huge and can be difficult to navigate-- especially if you work in the G building. May struggle to work with class schedule if you're in school-- be sure to sit down with manager and explain or even give a copy of your schedule. Other PCAs in my unit (ED) tend to be younger (18-21), which can be great, but some act very young and can be very cliquey. Many preceptors have only been out of orientation for as little as 2-3 months (with minimal preceptors for nurses). Learning environment can feel very closed off.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews FAQs
Cincinnati Children's Hospital has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,554 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
81% of Cincinnati Children's Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cincinnati Children's Hospital 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.