Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Fisher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Mental Health Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Education opportunities, excellent tuition reimbursement

Cons

There is always shortage with staff.

2. "non-clinical"

I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The medical center is ranked #3 in the nation and has world-class specialists and facilities.

Cons

There are a massive amount of people working here - more than 15,000. It can be a complex and political environment.

Advice to Management

Part of the company line is that we are all caregivers. Sometimes that gets lost when you're not on the clinical side. It's good for all of us to remember why we do what we do.

3. "Administrative Assistant"

Pros

They have really great benefits!

Cons

Hard to move up in rank

4. "It's great! If........."

I worked at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

CCHMC offers tuition reimbursement, benefits, vacation time, and some semblance of work/life balance

Cons

As long as you don't "offend" any of the doctors there, you should be good. But beware, it only takes one doctor to determine your future. Many great people have been "run out" of this organization due to lack of support. Service years and loyalty mean nothing to the management.

Advice to Management

Do not succumb to the "mob mentality". Support, and stand up, for your team

"Great institution overall for patient care."

Current Employee - RN, Bsn
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Research based, up to date equipment, good care-giver to patient ratio's, patients from all over the world with rare syndromes, transplants, high level NICU and trauma, ICU transport team. Opportunity for free CEU. Decent health insurance. Rated top 3 pediatric hospital in the nation!

Cons

Lower pay, doesn't pay for flexibility, increased training, increased risk, and institution has been cutting corners with decisions from the top down not understanding the ramifications on staff or patient care. Decreased departmental benefits with senior staff. Shared Goverance is purely acting out on decisions from the top down instead of the bedside staff; even though nursing staff attends monthly there are no pertineant decisions to be made. Rated top 3 in the nation with no helicopter; delayed transports related to a neighboring adult hospital rental or contract for use of their helicopter delaying ICU patients transports. Benefit costs have been increasing with decreased covered costs; trend in moving all employees to HSA.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for experience, flexibility, increased training, risk or hazard, on-call pay or called in bonus with shift, and critical pay bonus when needed to meet core staffing.

6. "I work as a Lawyer in Portugal."

Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Interpreter/Translator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Children's Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love foreign languages and to interact with foreign people, earn money is also important to me. To build a bridge where is a lack of communication is a very rewarding job.

Cons

The chance of improve foreign languages, help people and earn money. The chance of work in country like US is a unique opportunity, the chance of intermediate foreign people is a challenge for me. Health care is a very unique industry so intermediate sick people and medical professionals is very challenging.

Advice to Management

I am responsible and hardworking.

7. "Fantastic Workplace"

Current Employee - Mental Health Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Really rewarding environment, staff that has your back, always something new, generous PTO

Cons

Pay is lower than you would expect for a job this intense, can be emotionally draining, can get hurt easily

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Monitor Technician
    Current Employee - Monitor Technician

I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The rewards of caring for the kids there is amazing. I feel like I'm an important part of the team. Management works with me and not against me, overall a very nice place to work.

Cons

The scheduling can be hectic. If you're a college student they don't agree to always work with your changing scheduling needs.

Advice to Management

Try to work on making the scheduling a little less stressful for people. More flexibility.

"Director"

I have been working at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic Mission, World Class Faculty and Care Providers

Cons

Misaligned Leadership, Low Levels of Accountability Outside of Care Delivery

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with wonderful, incredibly strong children

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Not appreciated