Cinco Energy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Nichols

1. "Landman"

Pros

Good Salary, Not Much Experience Required

Cons

Work proved to be tedious, little job security

2. "Better than nothing"

I worked at Cinco Energy Services full-time

Pros

Lots of people enjoy working for Cinco, for a few months, before they build up credibility and move on to other things.

Cons

*Improper employee/contractor classifications
    *Class system (contractors treated poorly)
    *Changing Expectations.

Advice to Management

Since it's a family-operated company, there's nothing to be done with flawed top-management.

"Awful Experience"

Pros

The start of this job showed promise but after a few days you can tell management is uninformed and inexperienced.

Cons

One hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. Poor communication and direction on all levels resulted in a very frustrating experience here. Company protocol and values are the complete opposite of what they advertise.

5. "Opportunity for Growth"

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time

Pros

Cinco allows staff to work on a variety of projects and contribute in more than one way. They handle big industry deals and have a deep knowledge of land and due diligence best practices. The quality demanded is high and has motivated me to learn how to do my job better.
    The management is always working on improving the company and making it a good place to work. I have enjoyed working here.

Cons

The standards of work are higher than most other land companies. People must be willing to learn the Cinco way of doing work.

6. "Career Growth; Supportive Team; Fun Productive Environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Cinco Energy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Cinco due to its great work environment, family/cultural values, a very supportive team I had the pleasure to work with, and the opportunity to learn and grow beyond expectations. Management is always willing to listen to your needs and expectations and works hard to meet them.

Cons

I don't have any cons about the company, except my own personal decision to leave due to relocation to another city. I would've loved to continue working there!

Advice to Management

Continue providing excellent service to your employees to keep them motivated and compensated for their efforts.

"Totally unprofessional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Money, if the client is paying. Cinco doesn't really do anything other than place landmen into projects and then take a fee from their clients. Maybe field projects are better run but it's highly unlikely. Hope you don't get stuck with a bunch of crazy coworkers like I did.

Cons

So unprofessional it's comical. They put awful people in charge of projects and then go away and do zero managing. The home office puts up a facade of professionalism but it's clear there is no communication inside the home office. They can't even so direct deposit of your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Just quit. Seriously, your company is awful. There are lots of other land brokers that do better work.

"Landman"

Current Employee - Landman
    Current Employee - Landman

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cinco is a fine brokerage company with a large client base that is always growing. Unlike most brokerages they do a good job of finding new work for all employees and contractors.

Cons

All decisions are made in the corporate office and you have to deal with a bureaucracy even though it is a small company.

Advice to Management

Allow project managers to actually do the work. I spend more than three fourths of my time answering internal questions and reporting back to the Houston office.

"Sucks the life out of you"

Current Employee - Landman in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The president is well known and respected in the industry inner circles.

Cons

Poor communication, inexperienced management, nepotism, favoritism, rates are lower than competitors, contractor/employee lines blurred, tends to hire people with law degrees who have little to no experience. The daily frustration of working here out weighs everything else.

Advice to Management

It's time for new management.

10. "Exciting Place to Work; Great Exposure; Fun Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company gives back what you put in. If you are motivated, creative and hard working, the sky is the limit. This company provides endless opportunities to learn, great client exposure, and a fun, free thinking business environment. Co-workers are great, and the ability to work with other smart, motivated people makes for a fun corporate culture. Cinco is constantly evolving to better serve its client base, and is open to ideas and suggestions to grow the company in a positive and productive manner.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being a great bunch of people to work with, and providing endless opportunities for growth and personal development.

"Promises made with no follow thru"

Pros

Variety of work, training on the job, good coworkers/cocontractors to relieve tension/stress.

Cons

Micromanagement, easy to view nepotism within the company