CineMassive Displays Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
David Minnix

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great opportunity to grow personally and professionally"

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time

Pros

CineMassive so far has been a great place to work. I accepted the job offer in part because of the "promise" of flexibility and autonomy. I have not been disappointed. However, I have been challenged by the trade-offs. In my previous jobs, I had no say in the "what", "how", and "who" of things getting done. If things went wrong, I just shook my head and chalked it up to other's incompetency. Now, I am constantly being challenged to help develop or optimize processes and workflows. At CM, I am part of defining how things get done, so I can't just walk away. I have to make it better. I have to become better. But that's why I joined a small company. I hate not knowing how I stack up. Before, I was never quite sure how my work contributed to company growth. Here, I am aware of it everyday. That can be a bit intimidating at first, especially when the feedback comes from one of the co-founders. But, my access to them allows me constant view into our goals and strategies. I get to see the full picture.

Cons

Parking is tough. But my commute and the location is sweet and we have plans to build out more parking before end of year.

Advice to Management

Dedicate some time to specifically talk to your people about their prior employment experiences. Both parties will benefit from remembering who special we are.

"Not a good place to work for a developer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CineMassive Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting Cutting Edge Technology, lots of cool employees, offers many training opportunities

Cons

Company doesn't care about you at all, very few benefits, poor project planning, and believes they can work you overtime for months with no incentive. Great at selling themselves but hardly live up to it.

Advice to Management

Employees aren't meat. They need at least decent healthcare especially those with families. And if you want to work them to the bone (including taking away holidays and any chance of vacation) try offering some sort of compensation at the end. Otherwise you have a lot of unmotivated people producing sub par work.

"Self-managed roles, zero interaction with manager, 2 hour lunch breaks...but what about professional growth?"

Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and you work across from Sweetwater brewing Co. Hard working individual effort by can easily outshine other co-workers performance (when manager needs something). Management is very intelligent, in respect to certain topics.

Cons

You are rebranding samsung, dell, lg, ASUS monitors, yet tell the customer it is made in USA. Slapping a sticker on other people's hard work does not justify being made in the USA. Parking lot with 0 parking in front of your own building. Dim-lit building with white walls and no windows. Leadership is not very mature or prepared to handle questions. You work across from a brewery - yet never try to take employees out. The only positive is that the team members really try harder to help the culture while the management keeps the culture and open conversations to a minimum. If you are in sales or ops management you are going to be plenty busy with customer complaints. Management is always stressing and HR walks around in gym clothes. Not for the professional minded individual looking for growth into a long-term career.

Advice to Management

Get your nose out of the books and take a look around you for once. Your environment is stale and people are leaving or looking to leave right after you hire them. Please stop lying to your customers about making the product in your "warehouse". Take some pride in what you actually do..you rebrand and you write code.

"Great place to gain experience and grow as a professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My colleagues were intelligent, hardworking, and nobody took themselves too seriously. The owners and management genuinely cared about their employees. Most importantly, they encouraged and highly valued team input. As a small company, we all had to wear many different hats, but what was unique about it was being able to see the entire chain from idea to execution at all different stages and areas of the company. I think the best part of my experience at CineMassive was seeing myself and others be given the opportunity to explore and grow professionally in the areas that would help in our careers.

Cons

I am required to put something here, so all I can say is that while I worked here, the company experienced tremendous growth, so parking spaces became scarce.

5. "Great place for self-managed entrepreneurial professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CMD is a private company run by its founders. Employees collaborate directly with the top decision makers daily. For people who are can show-and-prove, there is no better situation. No one can stand in the way of your good work being noticed and valued by those who have incentive to reward proven success.

Cons

As a small company there are limited opportunities for employees to exercise their need to connect with othes on a social level. As a relatively new company, the team dynamics/culture is evolving with the growth of the company. Sometimes aspects of the team culture lag behind team dynamics. Other times a few people hijack the culture for periods of time for their own selfish reasons.

6. "Keep Pounding"

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time

Pros

* Great, Innovative Ideas
    * Very flexible work schedule
    * Evolutionary Learning

Cons

* Management can be closed minded at times
    * Ceiling seems to be very short
    * Too many pessimists within the support staff, creates a negative experience for clients

Advice to Management

"Never bring old attitudes in new spaces..."-Unknown ;)

7. "Underpaid and under-qualified employees trying to keep this afloat"

I worked at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, interesting projects and clients. It's a decent place if you're 22.

Cons

Management takes employees for granted and often treats them poorly. Pay is poor for anyone outside of sales. Often there are expectations to provide unpaid labor to help the company - which in effect is covering costs for the owners.

"Opportunities for change and growth"

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Modern Workspace
    Pool Table
    Events for staff (lunches)
    Fitness Center
    Flexible Hours
    Ability to work from home, depending on the position

Cons

As it was originally a start up, it is no longer one and needs to grow based upon the needs of the business. Not enough resources on certain teams
    High Turnover rate

Advice to Management

The cofounders need to allow for another level of leadership so they are not involved in the day to day functions of the teams. As they started the company, they need to look at things from a strategic level. There is a lack of respect and trust from both cofounders, which leads to micromanagement, which leads to the high turnover (cyclical). The potential for greatness is high, but the cofounders need to recognize that they are not always right and can actually learn from people that bring a great deal of experience and not just from reading leadership books that they pick and choose to agree with. You can be an effective leader without tearing someone down.

9. "Great company to learn and grow professionally"

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started out at Cinemassive without a lot of job experience. Over a couple of years I was able to get a lot of great experience that I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. There's a lot of creative placement of people to fit their strengths. I really like the people I work with and every year is different.

If you work hard there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Most people are really helpful and easy to get along with. I've learned a lot from the people I have worked with over the years.

Cons

It's a growing business that doesn't stop to catch it's breath. Sometimes it can be stressful to always be stretching to meet new goals. It's not a place for people who like to sit still.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your faith in the people. We have a lot of great folks who work here.

"The best product idea in town, however, not the best people delivering it.."

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are people trapped in this company that are dedicated to helping other people and are very smart and helpful, but they will not be here for long..

Cons

Just like the other reviews, I will attest to the fact that the founders are micro - managers. They are pushing this culture among the ranks and encourages middle managers to implement the same principle of micro management. They often make impossible promises to customers and would stand above your shoulders to force into making those commitments. They will order you to stay late without concerns for your family or personal life. While I am willing and I find it okay to put in more time, these scenario should be under my terms and I should not be forced to.

The benefits are inferior. Salaries are far from competitive. There are no learning opportunities, no training classes being offered. Office infrastructure is poor and management does not want to invest on the facilities. They regard internet access as a distraction from work and therefore would not upgrade to a better internet connection even though there continually hire more people.

Turn overs are high. People come and go, and new hires would start finding their way out a few months after being hired.

Advice to Management

Hire world-class talent, implement world-class policies. And put up a real HR department, the one that would address to the needs of your employees.