Cinebarre Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Amy Miles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cinebarre"

I worked at Cinebarre full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, experience, free movies, opportunity's, over all environment, and family feeling to being apart of the staff, etc.

Cons

Long hours and lack of actual free time away from work related life.

Advice to Management

You guys do amazing and keep up the good work even when it can feel like an up hill battle!

Jan 24, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Regal and we wish you luck in your future endeavors!

2. "Bartender"

I worked at Cinebarre part-time

Pros

Friendly environment, loved the people I work with, the job itself was interesting.

Cons

Management is very unorganized. Scheduling is always a problem-either always understaffed or overstaffed. You aren't allowed to make any tips unless you have a register under your name, which is one bartender only, two if its busy. Favoritism plays a big role between the managers and the employees.

3. "Better known as CineHell by employees"

Former Employee - Server in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Server in Boulder, CO

Pros

Good money and fun people to work with! Loved seeing free movies and they paid for me to move locations when the one I worked at closes even though it wasn't enough to fully pay for the move.

Cons

Most of this job was a con. Although the money was great, you usually work 14 hour days with no breaks unless you sit down to fill out checks. The entire establishment is ridiculously unorganized! The locations with the buttons to reach your server is great until it turns red after 6 minutes and you get in trouble with corporate. For how crappy the food is you think it would come out a lot faster and constantly getting yelled at by customers about how long it takes especially when they are paying 12 bucks for a terrible burger. Management is all over the place and never willing to help out but rather bark orders and hide in the office.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a team. Figure out that barking orders gets you no where and is part of why you have a high turnover in employees. It is also probably a bad idea to send your most experienced server home on Christmas for being 15 minutes late because of a blizzard when they called to let you know.

Jan 24, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns have been sent over to be fully reviewed by our HR department.

"Bartender"

Former Employee - Bartender in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Bartender in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at Cinebarre part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, friendly colleagues top to bottom, reasonable hour flexibility, generous clientele, room for growth, autonomy

Cons

High employee turnover, difficult to manage work-life balance, lacks team unity, food is not nutritious

Aug 18, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at jennifer.long@regalcinemas.com to discuss any concerns,

5. "Server at Cinebarre"

Current Employee - Server in Salem, OR

Pros

Tips are crazy good.
    The people you work with are great.
    Free movies, cheap food. (75% while working 50% off the clock)

Cons

Super long hours, closers work until 4am on busy nights.
    Management is not good at all.
    Everyone is required to help clean theaters after every set, except managers, bar tenders, and kitchen staff.
    The schedule is not consistent week to week.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stay professional. Regal, since they now own Cinebarre, needs to hire older managers with more experience.

May 3, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. You expressed concerns regarding management at your theatre. We appreciate your bringing these to our attention. Regal... More

6. "floor manager"

Pros

great pay
    free movies
    you definitely learn your trade if you care

Cons

extremely long hours
    little appreciation from GMs/corporate

Advice to Management

care about your employees

7. "Love of my life"

Current Employee - Server in Salem, OR

I have been working at Cinebarre part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting and fast paced work environment with opportunities to move into upper positions if you can rise to the challenge of hectic premieres and meet the demands of your customers. Everyone that works there will become your cinefamily if you let it happen. Traveling to other locations across the country is possible if you work hard.

Cons

Sometimes brutally long shifts with no breaks. Fear of being demoted for not wearing your name tag or setting down a coaster for a customer. Management doesn't always do everything they can to keep employees around.

Advice to Management

People are more willing to do better work when they feel appreciated and valued.

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced work environment with a fun work atmosphere. Loyal team members, flexible work schedule, friendly atmosphere. Free movies and great food!

Cons

Regal bureaucracy effects the small business design of the company. Sometimes employees get disgruntled doing basic tasks.

Advice to Management

Need more (better) staff to effectively build volume and maintain current customer base.

9. "Hard work, decent pay."

I worked at Cinebarre part-time

Pros

You make pretty decent money. For the work they do, food runners are paid better than most other food and beverage places around. As a server you can easily make $300-$400 on a good night. When I was there, employees got 75% off food while working, 50% while not, and free movies. Not a bad deal. Everyone I worked with was pretty cool, too.

Cons

In the summer months you'll easily work 40+ hours a week, doesn't matter what position you're hired in. Servers might even put in 14 hours a day. As a server you'll have many days where you stay until 2 or 3 in the morning. It's brutal.

Advice to Management

Theaters got very smelly despite servers cleaning each week. Instead of having servers deep clean a theater each week, hire an actual janitor.

"pretty decent"

Former Employee - Ticket Seller and Food Runner in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Ticket Seller and Food Runner in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cinebarre (More than a year)

Pros

2% cash sales bonus
    other employees are nice
    free movies

Cons

almost always have to work past scheduled time
    no raise after a year
    very hectic
    have to do more tasks than fall under job description
    high turnover rate
    owner is a super creep, gave one girl a raise simply because he thought she was attractive and offered to fly her out to his house

Advice to Management

make employees feel more appreciated, reward those who stick around, be responsible and respectful of others