Cinemark Reviews | Glassdoor

Cinemark Reviews

Updated February 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Cons

1. "Some managers made it fun working there"

Former Employee - Concessionist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Concessionist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers were nice and fun to work with, flexible schedule, coworkers were mainly nice, easy going, not too much to worry about

Cons

Senior managers, slow days, cleaning the popper, lucky if you get holidays off, make you deep clean things repeatedly throughout the week

2. "Usher/Concessionist"

Former Employee - Usher/Concessionist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessionist in Plano, TX

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities, good general manager, great opportunity for a lot of hours, came with good perks like free movies and discounted food items

Cons

Very labor intensive job, a lot of cleaning, dealing with horrible customers, late nights and early mornings, working overtime, lazy employees and staff

Advice to Management

Hire better assistant managers who don't play around on the job, increase pay for the boring jobs that are asked, bulk up the employee benefits and initial training, don't immediately cross train employees

3. "Great company, people make the job!"

Former Employee - Bartender in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Bartender in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and a really fun work environment. Easy to move up through the ranks.

Cons

It being where all teenagers want to work, turnover is high. also the people working there didn't have a lot of drive to be better and accepted the bare minimum as sufficient.

Advice to Management

have a better way of hiring managers that will actually do their jobs

5. "Decent"

Former Employee - IT Lvl I in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - IT Lvl I in Frisco, TX

Pros

good benefits and other things

Cons

schedules bad work life balance

6. "Staff Review"

Current Employee - Theater Crew in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Theater Crew in Davenport, IA

Pros

Fun people and easy tasks. Great first job and passes the time on college breaks.

Cons

Dealing with thousands of customers a day (including dealing with complaints beyond your control), always busy, can be stressful when crowded.

Advice to Management

Give more raises more often for those who deserve it so fellow slacking coworkers don't end up getting paid the same as the hard working employees.

7. "Usher, concession, podium."

I worked at Cinemark part-time

Pros

My co-workers and I would get to talk a lot and listen to music while cleaning the theaters. One or two managers, when the theater would get packed, would come help us clean.

Cons

After four months of working there, I still felt like the "new guy" because I wasn't in any of the managers' friend groups. And that's what you have to be in when you work there. The pay is horrible for everything we did. For a position that isn't manager or assistant manager, pay maxes out at $10 an hour. That's it. And it'll take you two years to get to that from 8.25. If you interview badly, they'll probably pay you 8.

Advice to Management

Pay more, make sure your managers aren't reliving their senior year of high school.

8. "It's an okay job if you're in high school/college"

I have been working at Cinemark part-time

Pros

-Easy application/hiring process
    -Very social environment with other coworkers
    -Not really a hard job unless the theater gets packed with loads of customers or if the managers get after you for a dull reason.
    -Won't have to worry about getting small working hours

This job is an easy choice if you're desperate for a job or just want to make money as a high schooler or college student. You can learn a lot from this job if you're willing to stay working here for at least a few months. Even though you basically work all the time at Cinemark, it's going to be worth it in the long run for future jobs that want people who have dealt with crazy crowds and long hours.

Cons

-Managers are always onto you
    -Minimum wage (more than likely)
    -Pretty much lose most of your social life since you may be put to work on evenings and weekends often
    -Managers will never let you decide what shifts or days you want to work.
    -There's really no perks. No discounts and you really can't watch movies for free unless the movie has been out for over 2 weeks.
    -Managers don't care about your family events. They don't care if it's a wedding, party, reunion, etc. So don't bother asking. But maybe religious events will let you have that day off. In the end, just be honest with your manager, and if the manager doesn't let you go to an event that REALLY means a lot to you , again, (not for drunk parties, concerts, or a night out with friends,) it's got to be something that you've had planned for a while that involves your religion, family, loved ones, close friends, or anything truly meaningful to you, then my advice is to just quit.

Advice to Management

You should hire more employees. You know why? First of all, people quit at Cinemark VERY often. And it's very stressful when the employment is short of employees all because a person or multiple people quit. Also, if you hire more people, it'll maybe give some more time off for employees to actually let them live their lives and focus on schoolwork. I don't know if it's money reasons of why cinemark limits numbers of employees or something else, but I still think it's a great idea.

9. "My Time At Cinemark"

Former Employee - Box Office Cashier in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Box Office Cashier in Towson, MD

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros of working with this company are getting free snacks on breaks, free movies off-shift, and pleasant work environment.

Cons

Cons of working with this company are large crowds for high-attraction movies, sometimes unpleasant customers, and not being able to see new movie for free when they first come out.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, and make adjustments as necessary.

10. "Overworked and Underpayed"

Current Employee - Kitchen Support in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Support in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family-like relationships with co-workers. I believe I made some friends for life. Also, free movies after a month of work.

Cons

Little pay, long hours. Holiday pay is almost nonexistent. Do not care about employees. Greedy company in general.

Advice to Management

Listen yo your employees and cultivate their skills.

11. "Title"

Pros

Very flexible scheduling
    friendly staff
    free movies

Cons

low pay
    long hours