Cinmar LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
HR Harvey

"Lack of respect for workers"

Former Employee - Marketer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Marketer in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Discount, pay is fair. Employees are good group to work with. Convenient to get to. Some good professionals.

Cons

Favoritism in upper management. Hostile work environment. Lack of vision in Merchandise Management.

Advice to Management

Improve relations with rank and file. Find better merchants and products.

2. "A very RACIST company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Zero training and ever-changing processes.
    Cliques and Superiority complexes.
    Unqualified upper management
    Racism and preferences
    Cheap product that is hard to get behind
    Miserable work environment
    Zero work-life balance

Advice to Management

Take self-enrichment courses on management.
    Learn how to train new employees
    Embrace diversity
    Understand that working on offers last minute is a great way to produce poor work. Work ahead!
    Realize everyone will not allow you to speak to them disrespectfully

"Very bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

Co-workers are great people. That is the only pro that I can think of.

Cons

Poor leadership
    No direction
    No processes
    No consequences
    No accountability
    Pure chaos
    Don't have the basic tools to do your job effectively or efficiently.
    No gratitude for hard-working employees

Advice to Management

Clean house, set rules, and hold people accountable

"The most miserable company on earth"

Current Employee - Merchant in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Merchant in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Cinmar LLP full-time

Pros

Very intelligent group of associates with incredible talents and backgrounds.

Cons

Lack of leadership, disconnect between teams and leaders then leaders and senior management. Never know which way the ship is steering, a lot of wasted hours on projects that aren't important the next day. Constant new initiatives and never stick to the plan. Leadership has no respect for employees, the way people speak to eachother and we are spoken to on a daily basis is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at what is going on and humbly accept that you have to change. Talent is walking out the door daily and there seems to be an unwillingness to change. Consultants and coaches are continuously brought in but nothing is happening. Another meeting of beatings and berating everyday.

"The "Great Place to Work" review was obviously written by Human Resources"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Cinmar LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers
    Decent salary
    There are no more pros, but there could be if significant changes are made. The backbone is there (employees).

Cons

100% reactive
    Lack of effective processes
    Inconsistent direction from upper management
    Unfair/unbalanced workload and unrealistic expectations
    No flex hours
    Constant re-work for no reason
    No career path and internal promotions are only given in one department
    Poor employee performance is overlooked
    I could keep going and going and going...

Advice to Management

Read all of the cons in these reviews and do something about addressing these issues before you are all fired.

"Worst job experience of my life"

Former Employee - Creative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Creative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cinmar LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff. The building is heated in the winter and has AC in the summer.

Cons

I was lured to Ohio to work for Frontgate by a head hunter. I was put through a thorough interview and met with the CEO and his number two. Many promises were made and I took the position because I thought the CEO had good character as well as some of the staff I had met. I packed up and moved my family to Ohio from New England. The first day I was there, I found out that the HR person I was working with and was my liaison for introductions upon my arrival had abruptly left the company. My position was not as described, and soon found the the work environment was infectious with a poisonous atmosphere of hostility. I witnessed the CEO berate a young merchandising woman to the point that she cried, and he actually ripped apart the concept piece that she was presenting to him and dropped it on her desk in front of her. The "seasoned" individuals seemed like they were extras from the set of the film Stepford Wives and just did anything and everything the CEO did. Trickle down theory. The company was built by a very egotistical narcissistic individual from nothing to a successful catalog company, essentially purchasing very inexpensively made products from door mats to plastic Christmas Trees direct from China and glossing them up in print and selling them for a huge margin. This success was clearly due to some of the talent that was lured in and soon left. A virtual turnstile there, as chairs never really get warm from the people sitting in them. Future potential employees should give a good hard look at what the can endure and if it is indeed worth it. In the end, this cost me tens of thousand of dollars and my marriage. Want an example of the type of character the CEO has? The day a good percentage of employees was laid off due to a decline in profits they got to witness PT's new custom AMG Mercedes-Benz being delivered to him in the front parking lot. I am glad the employees were of better character than he or he would be six feet under. Honestly I am surprised he isn't yet, but with signals sent to the universe like this, there can't have a happy return.

Advice to Management

Karma always come around. put your seatbelt on. You're all going for a ride.

"Unethical leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cinmar LLP full-time

Pros

Smallish company without a lot of red tape.
    Able to make a difference with a great deal of autonomy.
    Nice offices and mostly nice people to work with.

Cons

A few bad apples can ruin the whole experience.
    There are a couple of extremely toxic directors that are giving them a bad name and sr leadership is enabling them.

Not a healthy work culture.

Advice to Management

Check into your director level managers for unscrupulous, hateful behavior.

"Great coworkers, Bad culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cinmar LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code
    On-site cafeteria
    Ample opportunities to take on responsibility
    Decent starting salaries

Cons

Executives treat one another and employees poorly
    Little reward for (or even acknowledgement of) hard work or jobs well done
    Small raises
    Undefined career path

Advice to Management

Most of the underlings at Cinmar are great, but unfortunately the executives don't treat them very well, so there's a constant underlying tension between the various departments. Management should focus on improving the company culture and fostering good relationships between departments. This sounds incredibly simple, but at the most basic management should treat each other better, especially in front of other employees-- and they should also treat their direct reports better. Less condescension and less yelling. Should also figure out more compelling career plans and should give more reward for work well done (or at the very least acknowledgment of good jobs).

"Serious lack of leadership or planning"

Former Employee - Ecommerce in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Ecommerce in West Chester, OH

I worked at Cinmar LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary
    Great employee discount
    Casual dress

Cons

Highly reactive
    Inability to develop a long-term plan and ride out the ups and downs
    Serious lack of respect for employees from upper management

Advice to Management

Upper management must respect work/life balance. Do not require employees to work overtime just to maintain appearances.

Be mindful of the trickle down effect. When the CEO treats his direct reports like children and reprimands them in public he is setting a precedent. He is indirectly giving the rest of upper management permission to treat their own direct reports in the same way.

Introduce a culture that fosters collaboration between departments and stand for something beyond short-term gains.

Develop a plan or "big idea" for the season and do your best to ride through the ups and downs, then gather your learnings and apply them to the next season, year, etc. Do not react to every bump in the road. It shows a lack of vision and a lack of commitment to an idea.

Respect your employees and trust in the experience that they bring to your company.

"Amazing the business makes money with how they operated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Cinmar LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cafe? I guess that could be a pro.....
    being able to wear jeans all the time
    flexability

Cons

Management, plain and simple is the biggest Con of that place.
    Lack of leadership, in fact there is zero leadership.

Advice to Management

Employees are the reason a company is successful, it's not b/c you have rich people buying the cheaply made chinese garbage that you sell. It's b/c you have employees who want to succeed and do more than be a number on the HR list. It's very obvious to all the employees that management simply cares about their own bonus. Directors don't care about the employees, they care about getting their yearly bonus, thats the only thing they care about.

Morale is another huge issue the company needs to worry about. All you get is go go go, more more more, nothing is ever enough for management there. Vacation? You don't get a vacation, you are still on call and need to work.

Promote from within, rather than always hiring from the outside. You have good employees there, but you continue to hire idiots who can't manage worth a darn. How can someone be hired in a management role without even completeing a 2 year degree? Yet alone, how can they get promoted to a director position without even having a degree?

Cinmar / Cornerstone ( who operates in the same building), is a hateful place to work. They treat the employees bad and keep the good ol' boys club humming right along. If you want a dead end job, work here, you are promised the world and get nothing.