Cintas Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott D. Farmer

1,713 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some managers don't buy into the work/life balance concept (in 85 reviews)

• Long hours and Saturday 9 to 10 hour a day (in 107 reviews)

"Cintas is a good place to work."

Current Employee - Manager in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Mason, OH

Pros

A moajority of Cintas employees at the corp office have more than 10-15 years with the company. You don't often see a majority of employees with a ten-year that high. The corprate culture places family values higher than professional requirements.

Cintas is also growing and approaching a new level of expansion into Europe and Asia. The company has the personal culture of a smaller company, but the size and benefits of a 4+ Billion dollar company.

Cons

There is normally a corporate policy on everything, including eating at your desk. Although this helps make the rules very clear, it is sometimes overkill.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and let's get into Europe and Asia!

2. "Cintas is terrific"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Training and online benefits were good

Cons

Such hardcore minority recruitment, not hiring the best candidate, but the most diverse

Advice to Management

Sometimes in an effort to avoid litagation, we overlook making the best choices

3. "Work hard Play when you have time."

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Career development and growth potential they provide a great platform for you to hone your skills. Cintas is a strong company that rewards partners based on performance and not tenure. The future is bright despite the slow economy, that will eventually turn around. Cintas is a cash company and will always be driven by its customers and its ability to make profits by exceeding customers expectations. When Cintas took over our company we saw a dramatic improvement and structure that helped all the partners excel beyond what they thought was possible I could not be happier about my choice to work for Cintas.

Cons

The amount of hours you will put in. If you are a non stop go getter you will never take time off unless you are made to by management.

Advice to Management

Great place to work and grow.

"Career Advancement at great stable company"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Career Advancement opportunities for those that want to work hard.

Cons

You have to pay the price to be great, which means sometimes way more than 40+ a week. Have to adapt to situations on the fly.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in R&D and technology.

"You get back what you put in!"

Current Employee - Catalog Sales Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Catalog Sales Manager in Allentown, PA

Pros

You get back what you put in. If you care about your performance and desire the responsibility that may greatly affect many aspects of the business Cintas is for you. You are your own manger in many respects & with that comes the expectation that you will achieve the goals necessary to grow your business and greatly increase the long term value of the company. Working with the customers & helping your partners achieve their goals is a hallmark of what is great about being a manager @ Cintas.

Cons

Work/life balance but to be great many hours have to be put in & hard work is necessary.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the foundations of our business. Niche markets should not comprise the foundation for the years business plan. We're great at floor mats, towels, the rental & purchase of uniforms. Stay committed to this and our long term value will be sure to grow.

"Best place to work in the world."

Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Great Company, Great people and a positive atmosphere. Great culture. One of the best place I have every worked.Love the commit to family values and how we are encouraged to put our family s first. Theirs also a great deal of time an energy spent on growing the company. Which is excellent for the possibilities career advancement. We at Cintas are professional in ever thing we do and are never satisfied with mediocrity.

Cons

The only down side to Cintas is that being it is a team environment when other don't pull their weight it can affect everyone.
    Other than that it is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Come visit us more.

"Great company. You can be proud to be a Cintas partner. Be sure to find your work/life balance!"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Cintas has great career advancement opportunities. Competitive compensation, especially for management is a very strong appeal to joining this company. perks, such as car packages, cell phone allowances, and company credit cards for expense accounts are a definite plus. Strong history of growth(38+years). Positive environment and high morale are a consistent feature at each location. Promotions and recognition are given based on proven performance. There is no weight placed on seniority, or other potential limitations. If you a motivated and hard-working, this is the career company for you.

Cons

Tough work/life balance: long hours necessary/expected from managers(average 55+hrs/week). Work days begin no later than 7am and close of business at 5pm. Relatively low PTO, must be employed 5yrs to earn over 2 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

Consider reviewing benefits package to include some additional PTO opportunities or the inclusion of more nationally-recognized holidays.

"The Spirit Is The Difference"

Current Employee - Facility Service Sales Professional in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Facility Service Sales Professional in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Cintas is not only an employer, but a home for me. Everyday, I talk to a partner, I feel like I'm talking to famiily. We are depended on by so many types of industries and have had 38 years of un-interuppted growth! How awesome is that for business and for ourselves? I started with Cintas as an intern my senior year of college, and Cintas has became my true passion due to the experience I have received an the overall quality management that has helped to form me by teaching me and building the skills I had already acquired. Someone would be crazy not to join Cintas. Cintas is an OPPORTUNITY, and I work for the best CORPORATION in the world. People may say as posted earlier, Cintas is cheap, blah blah, but you know what, we are SPARTAN, and we concentrate on acting with competitive urgency for our customers rathar than exceeding funds for trips and gifts for those that we can simply make so happy by providing them our convenient and excellent product and service. That's what Cintas is about. They take care of their partners 110% and it's obvious that we have been succeeding this long for all the right reasons :)

Cons

I do not have any con's, but advice would be that at Cintas, it can be very time consuming because our goal is to act with competitive urgency with everything. You have to be able to have excellent time management skills so that you can seperate the difference and have a work and life balance. This will make you happy with your career and life.

Advice to Management

I would say thank you because you have constantly kept providing with us younger professionals and others with the quality information and education to help us always succeed above any other company!

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor

Pros

Responsibility, accountability, free to make decisions, fast paced environment

Cons

long hours, sometimes over 60 hrs/week

Advice to Management

Great job so far.

10. "Best company I have ever worked for..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

Pros

Great pay, competitive enviornment and true advancement potential

Cons

I can not think of any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Get me promoted

Showing 1,713 of 1,745 reviews