Cintas Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott D. Farmer

1,741 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some managers don't buy into the work/life balance concept (in 86 reviews)

• Long hours and Saturday 9 to 10 hour a day (in 107 reviews)

"Nasty! Cheap! Strict! No Respect! They work you to death! Run away!! Do not apply!!!"

Former Employee - Accountant in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Mason, OH

Pros

Close to home for me

Cons

A very cheap compay. Horrible worklife balance unless you don't have a life outside work. No respect. Very strict. No joy. Very dull. They discourage socialization and force you to eat in their cafeteria in order of your position in the corporate hierarchy. Spirit we share is shoved down your throat.

Advice to Management

Relax a bit and loosen your tie. Smile and be friendly. Give better 401K matchings. Let your salaried people leave early. Don't work your people to death. Don't be such a robot. Re-evaluate "The spirit we share"

"Never in a million years would I go back..."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Good pay and good car package. If you need sales experience, it is a good start.

Cons

Everything from management is negative. Everything is about your numbers, with very little praise. Hours expected are ridiculous. Management is unrealistic. "Phone blocks" have absurd rules. Not enjoyable. Turnover is absurdly high.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. Economy is so bad right now and the last thing some people want to do is sign a five year agreement for their toilet paper.

"Poor communication from management and ridiculous expectations leads to low employee moral and high turnover."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valencia, CA

Pros

Money and opportunity to start a career in sales

Cons

Management, no respect for personal life outside of work hours, unattainable expectations, poor communication from management, selling a service that is not provided at levels it promises.

Advice to Management

re-evaluate expectations based on market conditions, work with employees to advance their skills, put in the work that you demand of your employees.

"Cintas: Stepping-stone to your Career"

Former Employee - Uniform - FS - Safety Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Uniform - FS - Safety Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

Pros

Good Sales Training Program. Well recognized sales training program by other employers. Good stepping-stone to another job.

Cons

Micro-managment to the death. Your manager will want to know everything about what you are doing because they don't trust you. Compensation for commissions and expenses arrived late on several occasions. Heard stories from other sales reps that managers would sandbag accounts from installing in order to benefit their pay and hurt their reps quarterly bonus. Worst part of the week is phone blocking. Phone blocking is where you sit in a cubicle for 4 hours and try to contact 100 people to set as many appointments as possible. Get used to rejection.

Advice to Management

Learn how to properly manage and respect your subordinates especially when it comes to compensation.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Piscataway, NJ

Pros

There is a lot of really good people working there.

Cons

They do not treat their employees fairly or anywhere nearly as good as they say they will. Discriminatory actions throughout. Unfair dismissals throughout. Letting people go and stating it was a reduction in force and then replacing them. Very illegal.

Advice to Management

Stop using your "the Spirit is the Difference" as your slogan for Cintas to be a great place to work. It is not.

"The common them: Promises,Promises!!!!!"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

Most of the people that work for Cintas are wonderful people to work with. The key word is "most"!! I have made life long friends with people there..

Cons

First of all watch your back!! There are people there that will tell you one thing to your face then turn around and do or say another quite often.. I.E. the GM, OM/GM, Sales Directors and VP's. They talk about culture and taking care of the "Partners" ,thats the biggest joke in that place. It's all about the #'s and what have you done for me lately.

Advice to Management

Think about your "Partners" and not just your #'s and maybe you might see a little more loyalty and Partners that might last longer than 1-2 years.

"Look elsewhere for work"

Former Employee - Territory Account Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Territory Account Representative in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The benefits are great. A lot of the employees are very nice people. I really don't have any other pros.

Cons

You are treated like a little kid, very little flexibility, low pay for what you are expected to do, your job is on the line if you make a mistake.

Advice to Management

Hire the right employees, and let them do what they are hired to do.

"Ignore the urge to accept the Job Offer!"

Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Excellent Medical Benefits. Once a partner is hired, medical benefits are available 30 days after employment. Additionally, there is no medical screening or questions asked regarding your health status.

Cons

If you enjoy a CULTure that promotes eat, drink, sleep cintas, then this is the place to be. You are treated like a robot. Literally! This company is only interested in "what have you done for me lately?" The Management style is very old school. The dictatorship is felt on a daily basis: the poop truly does run down the hill. The business side of the American culture has changed and Cintas has yet to adjust to that. This company is all about perception. You know the saying "If it sounds like a duck, it must be a duck." Well, highly educated people can figure out what is behind this curtain. Finally, there is a lot of mini-training sessions that a partner signs off on. The PERCEPTION of this is that this company is educating their employees. How nice, or is it? It's clear this company is covering all angles of malfunction that may occur with a partner so the company is not liable. For instance, when an employee parks in their parking lot, they have to SIGN a policy that states Cintas is not liable for damage to the vehicle while parked on THEIR premises. Wow, this Cintas policy should make you feel like a "PARTNER." (partner is a coined term by the CEO of Cintas and is referenced as an employee to make you feel connected)

Advice to Management

Your career is an investment in the company you work for, but more importantly, to yourself! I would seek employment that compensates on a monetary level as well as a emotional level. The potential that one has to offer is not just for today, but for what you can become.

"Sucks!!"

Current Employee - Catalog Sales Assistant in Thibodaux, LA
    Current Employee - Catalog Sales Assistant in Thibodaux, LA

Pros

The benefits were good. That's about where it ends. They were also a little flexible when needed. Pretty much sums it up.

Cons

Everyone is treated very differently. GM's hold out on pay increases "due to the economy" and then watch the bonuses pour in their pockets.

Advice to Management

Get with the program! Quit screwing over customers with your lousy contract that doesn't mean much. Don't be afraid to update your old locations.

"Evil Manipulative Company"

Current Employee - Garment Hanger in Gadsden, AL
    Current Employee - Garment Hanger in Gadsden, AL

Pros

I am really at a lose of words for the best reasons to work at Cintas. I guess the 401K option is good, but they don't pay the plant workers enough to be able to invest.

Cons

Employees have just lost their normal hourly pay. They placed us on a "incentive program" to make "more money". But the truth of the matter is that they royally screwed us. They raised our production numbers so high that we can't even hang the amount needed to continue making the same pay. We won't be making more because they dropped the base pay to barely over minimum wage. And they think we should be happy about this. I don't know how they can sleep at night!!! They also lie to their clients. They charge extra for pressing clothes, but they don't press half of the garments that we're supposed to. We hang soured garments all day, and they don't fix half the repairs that we find. I don't even know why we're supposed to look for them. I wouldn't recommend this company to future employees or clients.

Advice to Management

You need to find a way to split the workload up fairly. Announce job openings when they come available instead of expected everyone to go online every day to check. Managers need to set a good example by actually coming to work and being on time. Most importantly, you shouldn't hurt the employees that have been loyal and worked hard by making them increase production and cutting their pay.

Showing 1,741 of 1,773 reviews