Cintas Reviews in Valencia, CA | Glassdoor

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Some managers don't buy into the work/life balance concept (in 80 reviews)

• Be prepared to work long hours, it pays off if you work hard (in 105 reviews)

1. "Cintas Valencia is the best"

Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management staff really do look out for you. My first week my manager gave me his 2 year plan for my career into management. Amazing company. Anna is the best HR manager I have ever met, she is super knowledgeable and always has time for you.

Cons

No cons as of now. Warehouse gets a little hot a few solar panels on the roof and the could A/C the place a little better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Save 10% of your weekly check, you will thank me when you quit"

Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Valencia, CA

Pros

-Extensive interview process which allows you to get a full perspective of the company, you get to go on a ride-along to experience the job.
    -The majority of employees were friendly, helpful, and made for a great environment
    -4 day work week (depending on your route, this is probably one of the best perks)
    -Paid well, bonus opportunities, commissions, raises, great benefits, etc.
    -Some of the best naps I've ever had were on route.
    -You get an extra day off. Do yourself a favor, use that day to get a certificate, a degree, learn a new skill, go to the gym, basically anything that will help you find something better. Because in 6 months time, you'll be glad you did.

Cons

-High turnover of drivers, warehouse, and management
    -Constant price increases for our customers
    -Managers are overworked and extremely stressed, it trickles down to drivers
    -They do not invest in the proper tools to do the job right the first time; using the "band-aid" to small problems which escalates to bigger problems, while you get blamed in the end.
    -Warehouse crew felt underpaid. There seemed to be a disconnect between drivers and warehouse crew; creating tension and warehouse crew sometimes sabotaged drivers inventory for the next day.
    -Expectations are extremely high, constant unrealistic sales demands that come from corporate and are enforced by management.
    -Your product for deliveries are missing over 70% of the time, management makes excuses and you have to face customer to explain. Once the product is available, you have to go back to deliver it to the customer on an unscheduled day, which completely slows you down adding a potential 30min-2hrs to your day depending on additional deliveries.

Advice to Management

Great effort, you want to see your team succeed. I can your stressed and the SSR's are working hard to meet the goals. The main area that needs improvement would be soft skills:
    Basic interpersonal communicative skills
    Critical thinking
    Emotional literacy
    Empathy
    Social intelligence
    Social skills
    Vocational skills

"Poor communication from management and ridiculous expectations leads to low employee moral and high turnover."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valencia, CA

Pros

Money and opportunity to start a career in sales

Cons

Management, no respect for personal life outside of work hours, unattainable expectations, poor communication from management, selling a service that is not provided at levels it promises.

Advice to Management

re-evaluate expectations based on market conditions, work with employees to advance their skills, put in the work that you demand of your employees.

Showing 3 of 1,688 reviews