KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Nice remote job

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and work-life balance

Cons

Don't have much to say

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Sales

Jul 25, 2022 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and wonderful people

Cons

Common growing tech company pains

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great hyper growth company to work at.

Jul 5, 2022 - DevOps Customer Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote available. Tons of flexibility with unlimited pto and very cognizant of your mental health to make sure you don’t burn out.

Cons

Fully remote, if you are not successful at setting yourself up, organization, task management, etc it can be difficult to focus on your job. Often times there can be little interaction so you must be active in participation or communication if that is something you need. The salary range can be lower than average depending on your area. For some it is on par but in major city it can feel like it’s lacking.

CircleCI Response

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and give some feedback! Remote and distributed workforces can definitely be something to get used to. Please let me know if you need any help finding some Employee Resource Groups, fun slack channels, a donut meet partner, or anything of our other programs that CircleCi offers for employees to interact in a non-working environment. We are so thankful that you are here, and would love any suggestions to make it easier for our employees to interact! I would also love to chat with you about your thoughts on compensation. We actively try to add more and more benefits for employees to add to their complete compensation in addition to salary, but open to chat with you about additional suggestions! If you feel comfortable, please reach out to me directly at andie@circleci.com. Thanks again! Andie Borcz Head of Talent Acquisition andie@circleci.com

4. 5.0

best opportunity

Jun 7, 2022 - Customer Success Associate in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life Balance No micromanagement Great culture and inclusion

Cons

None so far. Everything is great

CircleCI Response

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy you are here at CircleCi, and want to make sure you continue to enjoy working here. Please feel to reach out to me directly, or your people partner, if you come across anything that we can improve! Thanks again! Andie Borcz Head of Talent andie@circleci.com

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mental Health is talked about but not actually dealt with

Jun 20, 2022 - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a good team to work with (most have left now)

Cons

This is NOT a design oriented company, if you are in any design/product position, your day-to-day will be grueling and expect low to no career growth with this mentally. Extremely disorganized when it comes to cross-department collaboration especially with the Marketing Team. It was extremely difficult to communicate and streamline projects. A lot of the decisions were made from "gut" feeling and ignored real user research (with current/past users of CCI). Heard there is a lot of customer churn (not just employee).

CircleCI Response

Hi there, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so sorry this was your experience while you were here at CircleCi. While I can't speak to your specific situations that you encountered, communication continues to be something that our managers work on, as it's so important for our leaders to be transparent in decision making. I will be bringing this specific feedback about mental health support to our leadership team, but if you have anything else to add I encourage you reach out to me directly. andie@circleci.com Thanks again for your feedback! Andie Borcz Head of Talent andie@circleci.com

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Ok

Jun 5, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company people and product

Cons

Unsure of the leadership on the people side

1 person found this review helpful

CircleCI Response

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback and review. As our company grows, it is our intention to provide all of our leaders with opportunities for training. We currently offer Learnably subscriptions to our employees, amongst other tools as well, which provide endless resources to help our employees grow themselves and their careers. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to me directly to discuss your specific experience with the leadership team. andie@circleci.com Thank you again! Andie Borcz Head of Talent andie@circleci.com

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place To Work

Apr 20, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been there for little over a year now and still feel like it is a people first company. Its fully remote with a high degree of trust between management and employees. Management seems to be ambitious to take the company to be successful.

Cons

Theres a lot of change and tech debt to work through.

CircleCI Response

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review and provide some feedback! It is so great to hear that you are happy here at CircleCi, and I want to make sure you continue to be! I would love to discuss with you any suggestions you may have within your technical team, and help to communicate them up to your management team. If you feel comfortable, please reach out directly and we can come up with a plan! andie@circleci.com Thanks again! Andie Borcz Head of Talent andie@circleci.com

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Mar 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great software, fully remote. Leadership has great direction

Cons

Not a whole lot for cons

9. 5.0

Fantastic team

Mar 22, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great. The product is fantastic. Leadership is excellent.

Cons

Work can be a little siloed especially in a remote environment.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Company!

Mar 10, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Leadership respects and values you as a key contributor to the company's success. Listens to and considers any/all opinions and ideas • Most ethnically diverse company I've ever worked for. Very philanthropic to aiding minorities education in STEM • Startup culture/mentality despite the size of the company

Cons

• No 401k match on retirement

Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Reviews
</>Embed

CircleCI Reviews FAQs

CircleCI has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 88 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at CircleCI to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CircleCI employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CircleCI. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

72% of CircleCI employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CircleCI 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CircleCI to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with CircleCI Job Seekers