Circles Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Circles General Manager Wouter Broekema
Wouter Broekema

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is consistently talked about (in 5 reviews)

• Benefits are good, especially the paid sabbatical every 5 years, and the people in service delivery are great to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The staff is unorganized which makes the concierge job challenging (in 7 reviews)

"A Company that Cares for it's Employees"

Current Employee - Concierge in Neptune, NJ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Neptune, NJ

I have been working at Circles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package, especially for someone who is just starting out.
    Flexible Hours.
    Caring and Attentive employers.
    Personally rewarding.
    Team-based environment.
    Definite room for growth.
    Uniforms are provided, with an additional [reimbursed] budget for additional [approved] clothes.

Cons

Wage is not livable for someone living on their own.

Advice to Management

Increase hourly wage for new employees.
    Allow flexibility for uniforms (different shirt color options, besides white).
    Consult with employees before agreements are made with the 'client'.

2. "Decent place to work"

I worked at Circles part-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers and great benefits

Cons

the schedule and no holidays

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Onsite Concierge
    Current Employee - Onsite Concierge

I have been working at Circles part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Making a difference in patient care
    I've been with circles a little over 4 years
    Great perks, flexible hours
    Solid communication, recognition for good work

Cons

Not really a con but this job is not for everyone
    You must have patience, be kind hearted and caring dealing directly with patients

"Great, supportive, fast-paced culture"

I have been working at Circles full-time

Pros

A true team and collaborative environment where you feel like 'we're all in this together.' Supportive team for learning the ropes and a satisfying company mission.
    Autonomy to complete your role and jump in where your needed.
    High growth atmosphere is always a positive atmosphere.

Cons

Chaotic at times with a lot of balls in the air simultaneously which can be fun but also a little stressful.
    Decisions are made in a committee-like manner which is thoughtful but can delay the to-do list.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive vibe going. Delegate leaders to be more decisive on specific tasks and projects.

5. "Opportunity after opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Circles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Circles is fantastic. This is a very close knit group of people who truly respect and value each other. I was hired just over a year ago and by my 1 year anniversary had already received a promotion. Circles encourages fresh ideas from everyone on staff, and management truly listens and implements these ideas. I always feel as though I have a voice in the success of the company. In the past I have worked for companies where I was told not to try to reinvent the wheel, it really crushed my creativity. I have been given the opportunity to travel to Paris and other parts of France, as well as several states in the US that I had never seen and it has been a truly amazing experience. Circles is in the process of implementing a huge learning and development program to increase employee growth and development. The managers at Circles truly care about their employees. The time off policy is beyond generous, I never have time to use all of my time off - and in addition Circles is one of the few companies that still offers a paid Sabbatical (every 5 years). I had chocolate, strawberries and champagne sent to my hotel room while I was away on my honeymoon - and managers are always super flexible when employees need to have a bit of time off to attend to personal matters or occasionally work from home. Work-life balance is great! Circles ALWAYS makes me feel valued.

Cons

The only frustration is that the 128 traffic can be tough, but I'd rather sit in that and have plenty of free parking than have to go in and out of Boston every day!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep the company culture exactly as it is!

"Horrible in any location!"

Former Employee - Service Professional in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Service Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Circles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress code? That's a plus, I guess? It's nice to wear jeans to work, some employees took it to extremes though. No one wants to see your posterior hanging out of your shorts at work, really.

Cons

You may notice that some of the negative reviews have responses from the company attached to them. "Oh, this is for our old location and therefore it's not really relevant!" Do they really think you're that stupid?

The answer is yes, yes they do think you are that stupid. Stupider, even. In fact, they are counting on it. Counting on drawing in job seekers who are too stupid to know their rights.

When it comes to how they treat their employees, they have a history of behavior that is at best immoral and at worst illegal, or at the very least only legal because they have found every loophole imaginable in the Americans With Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act and will exploit those loopholes for all they're worth. Unless these practices have changed along with the physical address of the company yes, those negative reviews are absolutely relevant, and you ignore them at your own peril.

My advice? If you decide to accept a position here, walk in on your first day of training armed with the only thing that will protect you in a place like this: knowledge. Read up on the ADA and FMLA, especially if you have any form of disability or chronic medical condition. Know your rights.

Advice to Management

We're not stupid. We know that no matter where the office is located you treat your employees like replaceable parts instead of individuals with their own needs. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

Circles Response

Dec 1, 2017 – Director, HR

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience at our former location. I can assure you that negative reviews that list Chelmsford, MA as our location (such as this one) are based on an old location... More

7. "Unprofessional, Horrible with employee set up/follow through"

I worked at Circles part-time

Pros

The employees you serve are wonderful.

Cons

The main office does nothing to support your laptop issues. You have to call so many people before you get the right answer only to find out that HR was responsible for supplying you with the appropriate information.
    The staff is unorganized which makes the concierge job challenging.
    For being in the hospitality industry they are clueless about the needs of customers and making sure that employees know what the services are. They get set up at a company and then the least amount of work to make their client receive the benefits from their company.

Advice to Management

Management is not upfront or honest about issues that should involve all employees, not just one or a few. They are caddy, backstabbing and extremely unprofessional. My advice for management would be to act professional and to have integrity around the decisions you make that affect others.

8. "It's a Job!"

I worked at Circles full-time

Pros

It's a job, get's the bills paid and that's about it. Call center environment, just like you would expect.

Cons

They used to do a lot for their employees, then seemed to ween this out, and the environment changed.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Concierge
    Current Employee - Concierge

Pros

Great place to work. Never been happier.

Cons

All jobs aren't like Circles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"The right fit for me"

I have been working at Circles full-time

Pros

The exposure and experience I have received here is not something I could have received anywhere else. And the opportunity for me to be as involved as I have been is due to the many changes over the last few years. I am supported by my superiors and peers. I am encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. I am asked for my opinion. I am trusted to do my job and I receive help when I ask for it.

A lot has changed over the past few years FOR THE BETTER. What this has meant is a lean team of very dedicated professionals who are constantly looking for how to do things better. We are all hands on deck at all times and we are constantly adjusting to our changing and growing world at work. This is an environment I thrive in and I am grateful for the new challenges and opportunities I am presented with each and every day.

Cons

This is not a place for everyone. If you are the type who needs your job to live in a bubble, this is not the place for you. If you are the type who approaches tasks outside your job description as "not my responsibility," this is not the place for you. If you are not comfortable with owning your failure as much as your achievements, this is not the place for you. If you prefer to work alone and don't do well with a team-oriented approach to the day-to-day, this is not the place for you.

If you can work outside your comfort zone and are motivated by new challenges, then Circles is a place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the lines of communication about the business open, honest and transparent. While we embrace the ever-changing landscape here, remember we still need to understand our own individual career trajectories and those conversations are just as important to keep top of mind.