Cisco Systems Reviews in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems CEO Chuck Robbins
Chuck Robbins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Let's Talk - From a Cisco Culture Enthusiast's Perspective"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BFPWGP or Best Freaking Place to Work, Grow and Play!
    I have been with Cisco for 11 years and I am truly excited each day because I have an opportunity to think about my current role, my opportunity to grow and most important my value to the community and believe it or not earth.
    In my role, i have learned so much about the importance of Sustainability and how WE need to sever the umbilical cord to Mother Earth. Cisco creates conscious citizens that are culturally responsible and push beyond their wildest imagination. I encourage you to find an opportunity here at Cisco, I promise you will have a lasting career. #LoveWhereYouWork.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in Cisco although great strides being made. we have a ways to go. i encourage to explore more diversity at the mid level management level.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and improve diversity at the mid level management level. This only enhances the diverse perspectives for our Company.

Cisco Systems Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Social Media Manager

BFPWGP - you created a new acronym! Glad you feel that way - eleven years speaks that, too! You're right, diversity is key to a successful company - and I'm also seeing much more focus from Cisco in... More

2. "Cisco Systems is Great!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Work flexibility is very important to me and at Cisco they provided it. They provided a comfortable workspace, with competent team members.

Cons

The only Con is that the campus is so big, you don't get to interact with other departments frequently.

"Great benefits and perks"

Current Employee - Analytics Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Analytics Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here is a gym on site that is cheap but good, work from home, employee purchase plan, great people, good opportunities

Cons

The company is Going through a transition so sales are down and money is tight. They are also converting floors to open seating and a clean desk policy so no personal space

Advice to Management

Don't let the talent slip away while the company goes through transition. Make sure people are getting paid market value especially those that are driving the change.

4. "Good not great"

Former Employee - Pam in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Pam in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Resources are plentiful, nice gym, benefits are better then most, 401K has a nice match, ESPP is 15% less price so helps with savings

Cons

The culture is at a all time low. Local leadership is RTP is horrible. The South Channel OD treats people poorly and talks down to people. It's a toxic environment. Cisco continues to layoff which makes it hard to stay committed to the job not knowing if you will have one.

Advice to Management

Clean house. The Channel leadership is a mess and change the culture with sincere discussion with the employees. The People deal is a joke. We know what it's about.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Leader in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Leader in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-from-home options, energetic pace of transformation, strategy and vision alignment with industry needs

Cons

Lack of diversity in engineering areas

Advice to Management

Focus on addressing diversity

"HR Program Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexibility, benefits, inclusion and collaboration communities, dedication to community service and charities as well as veterans.

Cons

lack of people of color in leadership roles,

Cisco Systems Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Social Media Manager

+1 to all your "pros!" Your con is a fair assessment, but i'm encouraged by the efforts I see through our Employee Resource Organizations like Connected Black Professionals, Conexion, etc. to provide... More

7. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic organization, excellent leadership team,great corporate citizen (community involvement), inclusive environment, flexibility working arrangements, great benefits

Cons

frequent restructuring causing layoffs each year

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Let's find more creative and effective ways to retain women and minorities in this great company.

8. "3 Maternity Leaves Later... Still Going Strong"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, meaningful work, competitive pay, career path

Cons

Fast pace industry has employee health implications

Advice to Management

Keep developing women aspiring managers

9. "Cisco is a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Services Academy Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Services Academy Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At all levels of the organization, there is emphasis and value put on diversity in the workplace. Many leaders understand the beauty and strength of our differences, and are not interested in creating a cookie cutter employee. Many of the perks of being a Cisco employee highlight how much they want to take care of their employees, such as the onsite health and fitness centers, family events on campus, etc, but they go beyond these "nice to have" items and back up their words in the work. My opinion is appreciated most when it differs from those around me and offers a fresh perspective. We also have very strong communities to support each other and enable success of the individual.

Cons

There are very few cons when it comes to working for Cisco. It certainly isn't like a startup environment and ideas can take longer to put into action because of the bureaucracy that comes with a company of over 70k employees, but you can learn to navigate these waters smoothly. There is vibrancy and learning at Cisco that you won't find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Coach middle managers to appreciate the case for diversity and take action. Provide more coaching and training for first time and young managers to lead in this new era.

10. "Great diverse, flexible place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am a professional woman who has worked at Cisco for 6 years and have loved the company culture since Day #1! Cisco values and respects its employees and I enjoy working in a diverse environment of mutual respect where all ideas and points of view are welcome. I also enjoy the flexible work environment and Cisco's commitment to work-life balance. I also love Cisco's commitment to giving back to the Community. Cisco's Corporate Social Responsibility is strong and that is important to me!

Cons

Change is constant at Cisco and, in order to be successful at Cisco, employees must be agile and be able to adjust to change and sometimes work and push forward amidst ambiguity.

Showing 623 of 12,618 reviews