Cisco Systems Reviews in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems CEO Chuck Robbins
Chuck Robbins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Let's Talk - From a Cisco Culture Enthusiast's Perspective"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BFPWGP or Best Freaking Place to Work, Grow and Play!
    I have been with Cisco for 11 years and I am truly excited each day because I have an opportunity to think about my current role, my opportunity to grow and most important my value to the community and believe it or not earth.
    In my role, i have learned so much about the importance of Sustainability and how WE need to sever the umbilical cord to Mother Earth. Cisco creates conscious citizens that are culturally responsible and push beyond their wildest imagination. I encourage you to find an opportunity here at Cisco, I promise you will have a lasting career. #LoveWhereYouWork.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in Cisco although great strides being made. we have a ways to go. i encourage to explore more diversity at the mid level management level.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and improve diversity at the mid level management level. This only enhances the diverse perspectives for our Company.

Cisco Systems Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Social Media Manager

BFPWGP - you created a new acronym! Glad you feel that way - eleven years speaks that, too! You're right, diversity is key to a successful company - and I'm also seeing much more focus from Cisco in... More

2. "3 Maternity Leaves Later... Still Going Strong"

Current Employee - Business Operations in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, meaningful work, competitive pay, career path

Cons

Fast pace industry has employee health implications

Advice to Management

Keep developing women aspiring managers

3. "Cisco is a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Services Academy Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Services Academy Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At all levels of the organization, there is emphasis and value put on diversity in the workplace. Many leaders understand the beauty and strength of our differences, and are not interested in creating a cookie cutter employee. Many of the perks of being a Cisco employee highlight how much they want to take care of their employees, such as the onsite health and fitness centers, family events on campus, etc, but they go beyond these "nice to have" items and back up their words in the work. My opinion is appreciated most when it differs from those around me and offers a fresh perspective. We also have very strong communities to support each other and enable success of the individual.

Cons

There are very few cons when it comes to working for Cisco. It certainly isn't like a startup environment and ideas can take longer to put into action because of the bureaucracy that comes with a company of over 70k employees, but you can learn to navigate these waters smoothly. There is vibrancy and learning at Cisco that you won't find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Coach middle managers to appreciate the case for diversity and take action. Provide more coaching and training for first time and young managers to lead in this new era.

4. "Director - Cisco Services"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Director in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Director in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The customer centric culture is sensational. Willingness to work together to make the customer successful is paramount. Growing opportunities for women - Chuck Robbins has advanced topic of gender and overall diversity during his tenure.

Cons

Not sure we have the right strategy to speed up and execute more quickly. Ongoing. rolling quarterly layoffs are destabilizing - but not sure there is a better way to get to our goals at quickly enough.

5. "Great Challenges and Opportunities to Grow"

Current Employee - Procurement Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Procurement Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Collaborative, challenging work environment. Pushed to create your own role and goals, lots of opportunities to stretch and develop.

Cons

High expectations and always challenging work, sometimes the many disparate tools make it more difficult to find solutions in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

We have excellent managers and leaders at Cisco, I think if we did a better job of showcasing/highlighting those managers, they would be a great role model for the average or less than average managers to look up to.

6. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working at Cisco for 8 years. As a woman, the work flexibility I have to manage my work along with my family needs has been a key reason that I love my job. As I am coming to the end of raising two children, I can look back and feel proud of what I was able to do for Cisco and for my family. The work is always challenging and I have been given almost endless opportunity to use my skills and experience to add value to Cisco. I have been consistently well rewarded for my work, and I have never felt that my gender was a hinderance in what is often considered a male dominated industry. In fact, there have been many opportunities presented because I am a woman, as Cisco takes it's commitment to diversity of all kinds very seriously and they put their money where their mouth is.

Cons

As with any large company, there are some disconnects that exist in strategy and approach alignment, but I believe this is very difficult to completely overcome in any large company.

"Great culture and great company"

Current Employee - High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cisco offers great benefits and an awesome work life integration culture

Cons

I spent 3.5 years as a contractor to get full time status. A lot of times doing very important jobs where I had a teammate that was blue doing the same job.

Advice to Management

Convert your red badge employees if that's what they're long term goal is.

8. "Women in Cyber - Cisco Rocks!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cisco has a multitude of internal resources for women to learn. Cisco HR has become very aware of how many women they hire and managers advocate for equal treatment and opportunity for women. Although the balance is still mostly male, I constantly run into women in cybersecurity, and it's a refreshing change from my old employer, where I was the only woman.

Cons

Global company = some early/late calls

Advice to Management

Keep it up and thank you!

9. "Cisco: A Great Place to Work"

Current Intern - High School Extern in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Intern - High School Extern in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems as an intern

Pros

Very collaborative and caring environment that focuses on flexibility as well as making sure that its employees are happy about the space they work in. Cisco also puts a huge stress on engineering and leading innovation so future generation will be able to access newer technologies with ease.

Cons

Cisco requires better organization of its Externship and Internship program

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of internal opportunities for career growth

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Showing 108 of 12,611 reviews