Cisco Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2,288 Ratings

11,330 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Let's Talk - From a Cisco Culture Enthusiast's Perspective"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BFPWGP or Best Freaking Place to Work, Grow and Play!
    I have been with Cisco for 11 years and I am truly excited each day because I have an opportunity to think about my current role, my opportunity to grow and most important my value to the community and believe it or not earth.
    In my role, i have learned so much about the importance of Sustainability and how WE need to sever the umbilical cord to Mother Earth. Cisco creates conscious citizens that are culturally responsible and push beyond their wildest imagination. I encourage you to find an opportunity here at Cisco, I promise you will have a lasting career. #LoveWhereYouWork.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in Cisco although great strides being made. we have a ways to go. i encourage to explore more diversity at the mid level management level.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and improve diversity at the mid level management level. This only enhances the diverse perspectives for our Company.

Cisco Systems Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Social Media Manager

BFPWGP - you created a new acronym! Glad you feel that way - eleven years speaks that, too! You're right, diversity is key to a successful company - and I'm also seeing much more focus from Cisco in... More

2. "Territory Account Manager"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Great culture, invest in their employees success

Cons

If you can not operate in a fast paced high pressure environment then this is NOT the job for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Remote work for some positions. Great benefits. Yearly company shutdown time off and generous paid time off. Excellent salary. Great company for early in career employees.

Cons

Some of management should not be managing people as they have no idea what that involves and they lose people.

Advice to Management

ELT needs to look closer at middle management and hold them accountable.

4. "Network Consulting Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Cisco Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Cisco is a fantastic place to work if you love technology.

Cons

The pay is not what you could make in the private sector.

Advice to Management

People cant pay their bills with stocks and PTO days, and a bonus is not always guaranteed. Pay people what they are worth and leave the other pieces as added perks.

5. "Cisco comments"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Cisco is a progressive technology company with vision.

Cons

Management is not transparent at times

6. "Consulting project"

Former Employee - Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems part-time

Pros

The environment in Cisco is very nice and the leader of our project is responsible and willing to help

Cons

It seems like that the development in Cisco is not as promising as it was before.

7. "Always changing, never boring - which is a blessing and a curse ..."

Current Employee - CSE in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - CSE in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, with no penny pinching, solid training and amazingly intelligent colleagues.

Opportunity to make some great money.

I support and sell a mature, industry leading product.

Full time work from home, with a reasonable travel schedule.

Cons

Things change constantly. Every year is another guess as to wether our team stays together, or not.

Despite selling a great product, it's not getting the focus is needs to stay innovative.

Advice to Management

Support the good products better - more development, more training.
    Stability! GSSO is barely 4 years old and already changed dramatically from it's early days. Let us get comfortable in our territories, products and teams!

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for as long as your willing to put in the time and effort. Great benefits, compensations and bonuses. Amazing innovative people and huge ideas and opportunity to act on them. The flexibility and work life balance is great as long as you take advantage of the PTO. Employee commitment is there in good times. Company meetings are amazing. Food services provided are a nice touch.

Cons

Way to many layoffs, reorganizations, restructure of groups. Cant keep a leader for more than a year for the past 5 years. When time gets a little tight layoffs or major budget cuts happen which makes it unmanageable to handle your daily tasks. , meanwhile 40B in the bank. I say reduce leadership spend (salary) to save employees jobs

Advice to Management

Look out for the employees more, by trying to retain them versus layoff. Think outside the box and do something new...

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, awesome culture, ability to work with intelligent peers and managers who are willing to help when you need it. My position is also highly flexible, which is one of the greatest benefits.

Cons

Cisco can operate as a large company and sometimes this impedes the ability to get things processed quickly. In addition, the diversity at Cisco can be improved. Cisco is great about hiring women but can hire professional of different ethnicities to improve overall diversity. Overall, awesome place to work!

Advice to Management

Please continue to hire diverse candidate and improve company tools to ensure teams are most productive.

10. "Business Development Manager"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Technology leader; industry bellwether; sophisticated internal tools and systems for support; amazing team of people ready to cooperated and collaborate; great customer base.

Cons

Many acquisitions facilitating confusion.
    Constantly changing strategies and company goals.
    Sales tactics too focused on quotas, rather than customer requirements.
    Outsourcing too much to India-based partners who are good people and hard workers, but offer Cisco cheap labor using inexperienced partially qualified labor.
    Advancement based on personal network, rather than performance.
    Many (non-technical) employees (Program Managers, Marketing, Sales, etc.) are decent people with good intentions, but are unqualified and lack relevant experience with technology.

Advice to Management

Stay focused; foster innovation; listen to internal feedback; don't push new hardware on customers who are seeking solutions & services.

Showing 11,330 of 12,440 reviews