Cisco Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

11,852 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "software engineering intern"

Pros

stress free, good management

Cons

below average pay and the work is not challenging

2. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, lots of wonderful people and tons of growth opportunity.

Cons

Promotions and pay increases were hard to come by but not impossible.

3. "Overall good"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Flexible and relaxed
    Good work-life balance

Cons

Salary not at par with the industry standard.

4. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team culture, everyone is very professional, excellent benefits, onsite gym and medical center

Cons

Annual layoffs can be disruptive

5. "Cisco overall pretty good, but stay away from Service Provider Video"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Base pay and annual bonus are very good.

Cons

Cisco has struggled to remain relevant among the leading IT and technology companies today - do you think of Cisco the same way you think of Google, Amazon, Facebook, Tesla, etc.? I worked in Service Provider Video for 11 years. Since the acquisition of NDS it was all downhill with routine layoffs and a gloomy work environment. Other business units may be different, but I would not recommend SP Video to any of my friends.

6. "Customer Support Engineer"

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

My team was great. We supported each other through the myriad calls we received for supporting cable systems.

Cons

Resources were pretty scarce in terms of learning all the configurations and items that people use on a day to day basis for making cable TV work.

7. "IT Analyst"

Current Employee - IT Anal in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - IT Anal in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment! The people are great! The flexibility is amazing!

Cons

Underpaid salary. San Jose centric so there are more later meetings

8. "Great Company to Learn From and Grow Network"

Current Employee - Sales Program Manager & Bow Tie Guy in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Program Manager & Bow Tie Guy in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cisco has 70k employees and somewhere around 40k contractors/vendors (total guesstimate) that work with us full time. We do business in over 120 countries worldwide. If you are a go-getter and have a passion for learning from work experience and global coworkers, Cisco is a perfect place to gain knowledge and grow your network which will help you through the duration of your career. Also, many roles are partial or full telecommute-roles, aka, work from home roles. Helps a lot for families with small children or folks who just live too far from a Cisco campus. There is a good range of younger, fresh out of college employees to seasoned veterans who have been in the industry for 10-30 years - so it's easy to find people that you want to hang out with or learn from.
    Their social media teams are very engaged and a lot of the groups make working at Cisco fun! The different work teams and affinity network groups host fun events such as sports tournaments, concerts, outdoor lunches, networking events, and many more. We are partnered with Ticketmaster/Live Nation, as well as sports leagues like the MLB and NBA, so you may run into free tickets occasionally.
    Great benefits (health, dental, vision, stock purchase program, 401k, life insurance), although salary is a bit low.

Cons

Free food is not a company standard, although many groups offer some free meals and snacks in the office.
    The pay is lower than the likes of Google, LinkedIn, Facebook.
    The company is so big and complex that sometimes, shy, young new hires are underutilized and underdeveloped.
    Too many meetings.
    Relatively low base salary, but benefits make up for it.

Advice to Management

Really take the time to teach and develop new hires. Give them a good understanding of their role and why it is important to Cisco's larger mission.
    Be strategic about what meetings you are making people attend - in a world of meetings, everyone is multitasking. Too many meetings lowers engagement and job satisfaction.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Sales Representative in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an early in career employee at Cisco, I have been able to gain exposure to many organizations within the business and with upper management. I love that you have the autonomy to make your own schedule, which enables a great work-life balance. The company really values their employees and customers - and I love that we come first.

Cons

If you are not able to manage your own time, you might be overwhelmed with getting tasks done and managing the distractions that might arise in this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the workforce to adapt to change - in business models and in employee processes.

10. "CMS NCE (Network consulting engineer)"

Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time

Pros

Huge opportunity to take your skills to the next level with the resources available if sought out.
    Great teams and employees, benefits, work/life balance is very flexible.

Cons

Management issues. Direction changing constantly and seems like theyre stretched thin/overworked

Advice to Management

N/A

Showing 11,852 of 13,058 reviews