What people are saying about Cisco Systems
Federal, Government, and Public Sector
We are hiring several fulltime, permanent Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer positions located in Herndon, VA; McLean, VA; and Annapolis Junction, MD. Must have a Network Engineer background with a deep understanding of data networks and solid foundation in enterprise routing and switching technologies. Must hold one or more relevant Cisco certifications. All the positions require an Active TS/SCI clearance with either a Full Scope or CI Poly. DM me if interested!
Got a burning question about Cisco Systems? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cisco Systems employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work/life balance (for most) with plenty of tools to help get that done." (in 2985 reviews)
- "Worked for Cisco for over 10 years the best I can say Benefits are good." (in 2129 reviews)
- "Great people and teams who have a strong tradition of doing right by the customer and a passion for winning." (in 1690 reviews)
- "There are alot of great people and the culture is great!" (in 1591 reviews)
- "Very inviting and good work culture" (in 908 reviews)
- "This also leads to relatively frequent layoffs of redundant divisions and attrition as acquired employees become fully vested and seek opportunities elsewhere." (in 1260 reviews)
- "Bad management don't have enough skills" (in 725 reviews)
- "Bad Managers were promoted." (in 571 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management seems very oblivious." (in 164 reviews)
- "Senior Management is in favor of some employees in the team and really do not get into to the depth of any issues." (in 142 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Cisco Systems and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 4,887 of over 32K reviews
Updated Oct 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 10, 2022Finance ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Flexibility to work from anywhere, most people are really great to work with. Good communication from ELT.
Finance tools very inefficient and outdated. Work life balance highly dependent on the team you are in and who you work with. Since most finance teams are a 'business partnering' function, the business partners you work with may dictate your work atmosphere and work life balance. For me, work life balance is lacking with constantly changing deliverables, unclear processes, everything being a priority all at once, and team members working 12+ hours daily.Cisco Systems Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your 5+ years with us. We are happy to learn that you are content with the flexible work options, your colleagues, and Cisco’s Executive Leadership Team. We value your feedback in the Cons and Advice to Management sections and will share it with the appropriate leadership.
- 4.0Oct 4, 2021Services Sales ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPhila, PA
Good pay and benefits, work life balance in sales is good.
Lot of dead weight with new positions but easy to hide and good work life balance.