Citadel Federal Credit Union Reviews in Exton, PA | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Citadel Federal Credit Union President & CEO Jeff March
Jeff March

Pros
  • Low stress environment with excellent work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This company has really great benefits, most people are amazing and very helpful to allow you to grow in the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The only con I can think of is the high sales goals (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of growth opportunities for qualified individuals (in 3 reviews)

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive attitude, team environment.

Cons

None to report, company is customer/member focused which is great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Citadel Federal Credit Union Response

May 9, 2016 – HR Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and as always welcome suggestions at any time.

2. "Solid place to work"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Exton, PA

I worked at Citadel Federal Credit Union (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, friendly culture, and supportive management

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities and working weekends

"Moving Backwards"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is made up of some really great people, and the company itself is growing and showing tons of potential.

Cons

Behind in technology. Investing in an alarming amount of brick and mortar stores in 2016. Health insurance is so awful-life altering, debt making, you contemplate quitting type of awful. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Advice to Management

Spend less money on barbecues and parties and put the money back into the business. It's a really great place with a really great CEO but the changes that have happened in the past year have pointed to some not so great things ahead.

Citadel Federal Credit Union Response

Jul 18, 2016 – HR Consultant

Thank you for your feedback. This past year we have reviewed our healthcare options in order to continue to provide employees a competitive benefits package. As a result of feedback from staff and ... More

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Specialist in Exton, PA

I worked at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The credit union is growing so there is opportunity. The training is structured and thorough. The corporate office is pleasant and mostly friendly.

Cons

It depends on your direct manager whether you can move in the company. All of the different areas are not consistent with procedures. The incentive program could be improved. Management asks for feedback and disregards it if it isn't what they wanted to hear.

Advice to Management

I think my advice would be to actually care about your employees and place them into projects that builds strengths

"Pretty great place in general"

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part they pay really well compared to the competition. If you work with the right team it can be an amazing experience. Great members. Good retirement plan.

Cons

The larger we get the more we are changing and it's starting to not feel like your neighborhood CU. Medical benefits are not so great anymore. Doesn't matter what you have your degree in as long as you've got that degree.

Advice to Management

Focus on training and getting all the departments on the same page and work on making sure the employees know the right way to do everything. There shouldn't be 8 ways to do everything depending on what branch or department you're in. Change the goal structure. Make the employees feel like they are valued again like it used to be. Get back to promoting from within.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Management wants to help you grow and gives plenty of opportunities for you. They give amazing deals and rates to their clients. Making it easy to be a helpful member of the sales team.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is when you are dealing with a difficult client. But that can happen anywhere you work.

"Financial Associate"

Current Employee - Financial Associate in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Associate in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family-focused company. Very laid back and friendly

Cons

No long-term vision for Investment Division. Marketing is a complete joke and does not fit a business model which plans to expand at the pace outlined in annual meetings.

Advice to Management

Focus more attention on marketing and design, specifically in the digital channels

"Cliquish self promoting middle management"

Former Employee - Manager in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Exton, PA

I worked at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Senior management is takented and focused on growing talent

Cons

Middle management will throw anyone under the bus to take blame away from them. Constantly brown nosing senior management. Have zero financial accumen..party planning is not business development

Advice to Management

To be fair break up cliques and stop promoting brown nosers. Middle management is not developing staff but promoting themselves...not what leaders are supposed to do

"Long term employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

a very family work environment

Cons

pay is much below similar jobs in area

"Great company to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Profitable and sustainable organization, focus on customer service and meeting the needs of the members first, good salary, great people, a lot of opportunities to grow within company which makes it a great place to establish a career.

Cons

The benefits used to be great, but unfortunately, we were forced to transition to the HSA account. This has caused quite an increase in out of pocket costs for healthcare. Additionally, there has been less of an appreciation for quality people within the last year. Some manage with a heavy hand and not a lot of recognition, which has caused considerable turnover in some areas of the organization.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for the staff finding opportunities to recognize the front line. They rarely hear from anyone other than their manager. Additionally, reconsider alternative benefit programs. I spent the entire HSA account with one trip to the Emergency Room.