Citation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 14, 2018

4.3
Chris Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Supportive, great place to work, full of talented and really nice people" (in 5 reviews)

• "The people: Citation have some great people from all differing employment backgrounds" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Being so fast paced, it can be hard for many people to find the time to be more involved with other areas of the business" (in 6 reviews)

• "There aren't any that I've come across" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good Company for Training"

Pros

- Great Training
    - Knowledgeable Employees

Cons

- Pay is not competitive

Advice to Management

Value their employees more.

2. "A overall good career experience, would of stayed if better treatment and progression opportunities"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I worked at Citation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and floor managers

Cons

Snotty seniors. Ever changing goal posts. Although was at the beginning of transitions of ownership.

3. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Contact Centre Trainer in Wilmslow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Contact Centre Trainer in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I have been working at Citation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great supportive structure and everyone is always so friendly and helpful
    As a company they are always looking for new and exciting ways to engage with employees be that through benefits schemes, incentives, fundraising days etc.

Cons

wouldn't consider this as a con myself but there is definitely a work hard play hard ethos here so not for the faint of heart!

Sep 24, 2018

I couldn’t have put it better myself!

4. "Great company, great people"

I have been working at Citation full-time

Pros

People, people, people! They make the business the fantastic place it is. From the top down and bottom up, everyone shares the same vision and is truly committed to providing the best service possible.

Cons

Being so fast paced, it can be hard for many people to find the time to be more involved with other areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Its time to have another Citation event, we love clients delivered more than anyone could ever have hoped for. We need to do it again!

Sep 24, 2018

I agree, we do have fabulous colleagues here 😊

It’s nice to hear the We Love Clients initiative made such an impact. It can be challenging to keep departments interacting when you are growing and... More

"A company that truly cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Wilmslow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I have been working at Citation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Citation for just over twelve months now and taking the leap to join, after being with my previous company for 6 years, was the best decision I ever made...
    The directors and management within Citation are very approachable and understanding... they see and understand genuine circumstances and work with you to ensure a healthy work life balance!
    The pay is fair and the bonuses/reward schemes are even better.
    We are based in a modern office that is clean, professional and always has lots of fun things going on to keep morale up.

Cons

At the moment, career opportunities are slightly limited, however this was only improve as Citation grows (which is happening rapidly and successfully)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Sep 24, 2018

It’s good to hear you feel you’ve made the right decision to join us.

We work hard to protect the culture we’ve created, this includes having great rewards, incentives and supportive working... More

6. "Great Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Client Support in Wilmslow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Support in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I have been working at Citation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that listens to you and takes on board what you say. Great teams - there's a reason that we are in (and improve every time) The Times Top 100 Employers to work for.

Staff incentives are great and they really know how to throw a party at Christmas! Managers are always encouraging you to strive and improve.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Sep 24, 2018

We work hard to protect and nurture our culture, you really are at the heart of what we do and I’m glad to hear you enjoy the parties too.

7. "Nearly 10 years with Citation"

Current Employee - Client Retention Manager in Wilmslow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Retention Manager in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I have been working at Citation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I came to Citation as a "fill in" job while I looked for other employment, that was back in 2009. I have moved from the sales floor into the Client Relations Department and have seen major changes from those early days, all for the better.
    It is a real family atmosphere, a company who care for their employees, in fact both my sons also now work for Citation, and one is doing an accountancy course with Citation, so all opportunities are here for the right people.
    I look forward to my future with this company, and as I only have 12 years until I retire, I am hoping that time will be with Citation as they throw a great party.

Cons

There are cons with every job, but I am struggling to really find one worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, from my point of view I have Management who listen and act and support.

Sep 24, 2018

Glad to hear you enjoy it and that you are living and breathing our family atmosphere!

PS we do throw GREAT parties don’t we.

8. "Fun & Friendly environment"

Current Employee - Client Support
    Current Employee - Client Support

I have been working at Citation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly & supporting teams
    - Plenty of opportunities to develop professionally and personally.
    - If you work hard, you'll be recognised for it
    - A fun working environment! There's always some kind of activity or event to get involved in at Citation
    - Great benefits

Cons

If you drive, parking can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the special extras: Christmas Party, Health & wellbeing week, sports days, fancy-dress days. They help make Citation a fun place to work.

Sep 24, 2018

If only we could fix the parking problem!

We all spend too long at work not to have fun, so it’s good to hear you are enjoying it.

9. "Brilliant Home Life / Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Consultant in Wilmslow, England (UK)

I have been working at Citation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Citation now nearly 4 years as a part time consultant to work around my family , lots of benefits to work around school terms , flexible working etc , the training provided is first class, i have also noticed that a lot of members of staff friends and family work here to which i think shows a good environment if colleagues are happy to recommend there friends ans family

Cons

Fast pace as we are a growing company bringing on board new clients and new products , but i think this is also a positive as you are constantly learning

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job.

Sep 24, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, working in a fast pace business can be tough but you’re right it also gives you constant opportunities to learn and grow!

We know there is more to life than work so it’s... More

"Wonderful place wonderful people"

I have been working at Citation full-time

Pros

As soon as you walk in Citation you experience the positive atmosphere.
    Everyone in Citation works to make you feel like you fit in immediately.
    Managers are great and offer lots of support and try to facilitate your development.
    All the company events also make it a fun place to work, from a huge Christmas party to focusing on more serious issues such as Mental Health in the workplace.

Cons

It's a fast-paced company so if you fancy an easy-ride it's not the company for you, the workload is high but so is the reward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing performance reviews, they make all the difference.

Jun 15, 2018

I’m glad you like it here, I think we’ve got some awesome colleagues so it’s nice to hear it from someone else too!

Personally I love the fast pace but I know it’s not for everyone so it’s good... More