Citco Reviews | Glassdoor

Citco Reviews

Updated October 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free drinks (plus free beer every Friday) (in 71 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, lots of learning opportunities, ACCA fees covered (in 27 reviews)

Cons

1. "Financial reporting temp"

I have been working at Citco full-time

Pros

flexible hours most of the year

Cons

long hours during busy season

"Depends on your manager and team...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Citco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, generous PTO and holidays off, summer flex schedules. Meals during busy season. Very friendly staff if you choose to be social.

Cons

Incredibly unprofessional atmosphere all around.

Very high turnover.

Terrible communication.

If you have certain managers your life can become a living hell. No work life balance because if you're a competent employee you are expected to pick up the slack from irresponsible coworkers. No room for advancement under management who doesn't want anyone to be better than them. Senior staff turns a blind eye as long as all the work gets done.

Promotions are based on seniority and not work so you have a lot of incompetent people in management positions.

Advice to Management

Promote managers based on skill not seniority.

Jan 6, 2017 – Director, Retention Lead

Dear Anonymous - Thanks for taking the time to share your views and starting on a positive note to highlight our comprehensive benefit and time off policies. Like most financial services firms... More

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Citco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here generally try to improve the work environment and processes in place to make it more efficient and a better place to work. Aside from the constant improvement, I've been put on a great team that works well together.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be a little overwhelming, and overtime is required to get things completed on time. The software that is used often has flaws, and the workstations are not very powerful they tend to freeze up a lot and have issues, computers are dated. Not very flexible with hours, work from home, etc.

Advice to Management

Management should really consider being more flexible with work from home issues and implement a guideline for allowing work from home. The hours we work do not permit us to get things done during normal business hours. I think having a few days a month that could be flexible, remote days could help out employees tremendously.

Nov 21, 2016 – Director, Retention Lead

Dear Employee, Many thanks for your positive feedback and additional thoughts. Certainly there are pros and cons in every work experience – but we are glad you can see the continuous improvement... More

4. "Citco Review"

Pros

Relaxed environment. Ease of access to upper management. Set hours.

Cons

Low upward mobility. Bonuses nonexistent. Office will probably be outsourced away in next 5 years.

Advice to Management

In order to stem outflow/reduce turnover, if you can't raise wages, allow people free benefits like working from home, more vacation, etc.

Nov 1, 2016 – Director, Retention Lead

Dear Anonymous - We appreciate your 4 star rating and positive comments. Not sure if you are a relatively new employee and perhaps have not yet been exposed to our promotion and annual compensation... More

"Accountant"

I worked at Citco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits. Most people sit until 7pm for Dinner and Until 9pm to take black car to home. I think they are wasting client's money. IT audit can help them resolve this problem.

Cons

- Record Management is serious concern in Real Estate fund accounting department. They don't properly save records or attach files in Yardi System. Lot of entries don't have proper backup. This problem become even worse because they have quick layoff problem, so in most cases they just either don't find records because person who did the actual entry is not there anymore(in some instances) or spend enormous amount of time in looking for records, which cost money to investors.
    - Repetitive work that don't add any value to investor reporting material or financial statements.
    - Lead Manager is not CPA or Have Masters degree, they are simply not aware about real estate standards and are working by hearing "word of mouth".
    - There "to do list" is more 4 page long (roughly 200 rows in excel). Its because senior manager don't want to take initiative in resolving problems. I guess its maybe because they don't have experienced managers or lot of clients, or not enough staff.
    - HR is not independent. They don't want to hear about problems or advise about internal controls. If you do that then they will let you go. Its because IT audits can reveal negative discussions at some point, so they layoff before further discussions.
    - No Ethics committee. If you ask HR to give you their number or website information then they will say that they don't have one. So, unbelievable.

Oct 14, 2016 – Director, Retention Lead

Really surprised and disappointed to see this review from one of our former colleagues. Employee welfare is one of our underpinning values and providing transport home for people who stay late is... More

"Human Resources Partner"

I have been working at Citco full-time

Pros

Great Place to work

Cons

My commute :( is too long

7. "All good but micromanagement."

Pros

Very nice facilities including good gourmet coffee, beverages, and meals for after-hours.

Cons

Micromanagement and manufacturer's mindset dragged people down.

Advice to Management

No comment

Sep 5, 2016 – Regional HR Director, Europe

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We know we have some really dedicated people working for us at Citco and we try to make the environment and facilities as comfortable as possible... More

"Relaxing Job, Low Payment"

Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Citco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job is relaxing, good life work balance.

Cons

Low payment, don't really appreciate talent employee. Too much up management.

Advice to Management

Value your talent employee with real increase on salary, not just some oral reward.

Oct 7, 2016 – Director, Retention Lead

Thank you for your comments. Our Reward team has been addressing our Pay for Performance processes over the last couple of years with a focus on ensuring that our top talent and high performing... More

9. "Manager"

Pros

Good benefits, fairly easy going place. opportunities to grow internally

Cons

Over hire managers that may not be producers with proper day to day business skills.

"Great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Citco (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great environment where everyone is there to help each other.
    - No signs of favoritism
    - Good benefits
    - Encouraged to think outside of the box and management does listen
    - Good communication from the top, lots of transparency, management is accesible
    - Lots of promotions within the firm

Cons

- Citco will have to work on its branding especially among students.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing