CitiMortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

CitiMortgage Reviews

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, great benefits and plenty of opportunities for those that are motivated, ambitious and want to excel (in 20 reviews)

• Work/life balance and flex hours (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management communication not clear (in 16 reviews)

• The job security is dependent on the market (in 6 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President/Operations Manager in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Vice President/Operations Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits and plenty of opportunities for those that are motivated, ambitious and want to excel. I have been with the company for 8 years and the experience, education and skills I have learned could not have been taught in a classroom. Very positive culture with unique appreciation programs.

Cons

Not to many cons, it's what you make of. Insurance cost has increased over the years and annual increases are low, but this is also based on your employment level and monthly/ annual performance reviews.

Advice to Management

Continue with recognition programs, providing feedback and encouraging growth opportunities

2. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, flexible schedule, cafe on site, no fee ATM on site

Cons

Distance from home, employee rating system

3. "BP & A Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - BP & A Senior Analyst in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - BP & A Senior Analyst in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extensive development opportunities and resources. Great culture, people.

Cons

Big boats move slow. Projects can take years to gain traction or you work on it for years and then it is pulled.

Advice to Management

Become more agile.

"Prospectors, Home Owner Support Specialists, liquidation and retention"

Current Employee - Loss Mitigation in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Loss Mitigation in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at CitiMortgage (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees work well together, management is flexible with making up hours and/or time off.

Cons

Loved my job until Citi made a business decision to take away our bonuses, resulting in anywhere from $12k to $36k yearly loss of pay, HUGE loss, claiming we make more money than the average mortgage companies pay. Hence, Citi began losing employees, who obtained positions with other mortgage companies outside of Citi. Unfortunately, all open positions were not replaced, creating additional work on those employees who stayed, additional stress, yet less pay without our bonuses. It is IMPOSSIBLE to be caught up with so much work, hence this affects our scorecards. We have a lot more work piled on us making less than we did initially with less work (but still a LOT of work, TOO much work.)

If you've always been a good employee and received fairly decent raises (3% - 4%,) over the last several years, because of your excellent work ethic, you may not receive a yearly "merit" raise but rathet are told "you make too much money for your level of work; you're topped out," and you receive no raise whatsoever every year thereafter, REGARDLESS that you have excellent work ethics. Numerous people have received no yearly "merit" raises now for the last two years, yet CitiMortgage is the 2nd highest in gross revenue of all mortgage companies. Makes you hate your job because you are no longer rewarded for your (excellent) performance. You're only told by your manager what a great employee you are. It's a BIG, HUGE slap in the face.

Advice to Management

If you appreciate your employees that do such a great job, pay them! Where is the chart that reflects each level's top salary? It's just your "word," yet the documentation of such cannot be found anywhere by any of your employees.

If you want your good employees to stay, compensate them. Don't penalize them because they want to remain at their same position and love what they're doing!!! The person's who determine the raises have no clue what we do day to day! Numerous requests for management to sit with reps and do time studies go unanswered - WHY??? Has management noticed CitiMortgage is becoming deserted because of the way it treats it's employees? Shame on CitiMortgage!

It's hard to move to a higher level - numerous applicants, HUNDREDS of whom are recruited from OUTSIDE of CitiMortgage!

I'd give 0 stars if there wad the option to do so.

"Strong people, but can be so much more"

Former Employee - Director in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Director in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People: The people I worked with were great - looking back I ended up missing the people far more than I expected. Bright, competent, helpful.

Variety: As a large banking institution, there is vast opportunity for exposure to many products, services, and business units.

Cons

Bureaucracy: Hard to get things done. The institution is simply incapable of nimbleness.

Resource allocation: There is a strong disconnect between Senior Management and rank/file employees. Hence, rank/file do not feel engaged, and Senior Management does not understand the challenges/barriers rank/file face.

Advice to Management

If it changes every week or month, it's not a strategy - it's a tactic. Management needs a well articulated strategy, a roadmap to implementing the strategy, and a commitment to the strategy and the roadmap.

6. "customer service rep"

Former Employee - Mortgage Customer Service Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Customer Service Agent in Tucson, AZ

I worked at CitiMortgage (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large company and it's easy to move from one department to another, and lots of opportunities for advancement. Very formal evaluation.

Cons

It's a large company and it's easy to move from one department to another. Sometimes I think that's how incompetent employess manage to hide there.

Advice to Management

No real advice here. It's always dependent on your manager and the person at the level above that. As we all know, sometimes it's hard to meet all the expectation of our managers, and sometimes it's nearly impossible.

7. "Great company & benefits"

Former Employee - Mortgage Back End Collector III in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Back End Collector III in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved everyone I worked with. There were no clicks, negativity, lower level politics. I loved the Supervisors, my Manager and my Director. Great benefits and working environment. Work at home/telecommute was offered and a great perk for hardworking self motivated individuals.

Cons

They moved out of the city.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on.

8. "Short sale negotiator"

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist in Defiance, MO
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Specialist in Defiance, MO

I worked at CitiMortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, I loved everyone I worked with. I made lifetime friends and learned very much from the people I worked with as well.

Cons

Non stop laying off and reduction in salaries along with very high stress job. The working conditions were very bleak as well. There was no job security.

Advice to Management

I would work on retaining people for the long term instead of focusing on the now. They do not care about long time employee retention.

9. "Assistant Vice President"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Wentzville, MO

I worked at CitiMortgage (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, great engagement - would still be there if not for getting laid off.

Cons

Base salary's were lower do to an incentive program that at time was unattainable.

Advice to Management

Get rid of incentive and just pay more. Then all the haggling about bonus goes away.

10. "Great Place To Work- Like no oter"

Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Mortgage Closer in Frederick, MD

I worked at CitiMortgage (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Work Life Balance, Advancement

Cons

Bad weather building site closures.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work