Citizens Bank Human Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Citizens Bank CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Working at an instore location makes for a challenging work life balance (in 63 reviews)

• The sales goals continue to go up every quarter making it harder to bonus (in 91 reviews)

1. "Sr. HR Relationship Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Relationship Manager in Cranston, RI
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Relationship Manager in Cranston, RI

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was blessed to have a great manager and a fabulous group of peers to work with. My work was valued and I was often recognized for being able to deliver in lieu of aggressive timelines. Hard work was most always recognized.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to speak of. Citizens was a great place to work~!

Advice to Management

My particular manager was great at communicating and keeping our small team informed. She was a roll up you sleeve type of manager and always recognized her team for the hard work they performed.

2. "Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Smithfield, RI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Smithfield, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive environment and management team. Work is challenging and you are often given the opportunity to present new ideas. Company really stands behind commitment to community and work/life balance. If you work hard, it gets noticed.

Cons

Some older technology systems overall, but making progress.

3. "So so"

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

Open to change; great managers who show recognition for job well done; love the people

Cons

;work insane hours, understaffed yet always looking to find ways to cut costs and staff, say they want us to focus on what is important yet keep asking for reports that aren't a value add, salary increases are just about non-existent, technology is ancient

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in technology improvements and manager training; while we should always review whether what we doing is neccesary and being done in the most efficient manner this contant focus on reducing is draining and you have to realize that we just can't continue to work the hours that we are making. as much as many of us love our jobs and the people we work with, we are burning out. Can only imagine that this will lead to turnover and mistakes

4. "Citizens Bank offers great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Citizens are smart, hard-working and they are just good people! Citizens offers ongoing development opportunities and career opportunities. The senior leaders have a sound strategy for the future. The leaders care about the employees.

Cons

The technology is not as state of the art as other companies - though there is a plan for improvement over time.

5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Citizens is focused on the career growth of every employee as well as offering a very good benefits package.

Cons

Training locations only in PA. None in Delaware or New Jersey

Advice to Management

Offer more comprehensive training for Non Exempt employees.

6. "Terrific place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Executive in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Executive in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Great people. Terrific work environment. Lots of career opportunities.

Cons

None-- have worked for a number of banks and this one is as good as any!

"What once was great...is now sad and defeated"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

Pros

Citizens was once a strong community bank and its best asset were the people. This is still the case - although there are very few of them left.

Cons

All of benefits have been stripped down to bare bones. HR "spins" that these cuts are to make the company competitive. The salaries are far below marketplace and if you are interviewing make sure to ask about the percentage they have paid out the bonuses over the last few years. Over the past few years this has become a really sad place to work. It is unfortunate as there are some good people still there but most of the people who are ambitious and A Players have left. If you are interviewing be very wary and make sure you probe on the morale and leadership of the department you are joining.

8. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is really enjoyable. Colleagues are respectful and collaborative. Colleagues really support each other regularly. You really feel like we are all in this together to serve the customer. Less hierarchy than most companies.

Cons

Employees are spread across many locations making communication more challenging. IT support is not as strong as it should be.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the compensation plans.

9. "Short stint in Human Resources"

Former Contractor - Human Resource Service Center Employee in Smithfield, RI
    Former Contractor - Human Resource Service Center Employee in Smithfield, RI

I worked at Citizens Bank as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was very helpful. We were in charge of notifying current Citizens employees of their benefits during Open Enrollment. The people I worked with were fun.

Cons

Not a very exciting atmosphere. People seemed afraid that they were going to lose their jobs. People looked down on the contracted employees.

Advice to Management

Try to make the place more exciting.

10. "UK Control"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working relationships with peers and team can be rewarding. Vacation time is unlike anything I have seen elsewhere. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Under such UK control it is hard to do your job effectively or to have any original thoughts. Understand the current ownership structure and the control that requires but in order to effectively run the business there needs to be more flexibility.