Cover image for Citizens Debt Relief

94% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 19 of over 19 reviews

4.9
Citizens Debt Relief CEO Arjun Chopra (no image)
Arjun Chopra

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

140.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Citizens Debt Relief~4011176
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Citizens Debt Relief? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Citizens Debt Relief employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Happy hours, lunch on Fridays, summer Fridays(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoy coming to work

Nov 19, 2022 - Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- above market compensation -autonomy over my work day -lunch on friday -generous PTO I’ve met some really awesome people and have learned a lot about the debt relief industry

Cons

-limited work from home opportunities

2. 5.0

Amazing Culture

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Financial Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a place where those around you want you to grow. Every day I am learning something new or challenged with something where I am able to better myself. I can not say enough on how clean this workplace is. I have never experienced anything like it at any previous employer. Flexible PTO as long as you reach your monthly goals. Competitive incentives leaving you wanting to come to work the next morning rather than dreading it. Younger firm with lots of potential opportunities in the near future.

Cons

Growing company so can be challenging to adapt to changing policies.

3. Join the Citizens Debt Relief team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 1, 2022 - Financial Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Citizens Debt Relief is a fun and exciting place to work. Benefits include a fun work environment where everyone gets along and interacts with each other. On Fridays they provide lunch for the entire company from various locations in the city. The work is challenging but rewarding when you are able to help a client out of a tough situation. Founders and managers are always around to help and answer questions in order for us to do our best work. Very flexible PTO. Bonus incentives for daily goals being met. Office dog some days.

Cons

Work from home is limited. Company changes polices regularly.

5. 5.0

The Best work Environment one can ask for

Aug 2, 2022 - Client Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many great things when working for Citizens Debt relief. The company culture is structured around helping the employee evolve and improve. The Client Services team is one that helps each other which is represented in day to day work. But one of the Main positives in this company that allows you to feel welcomed and comfortable in everyday work is the Client Services Manager Keith Corder. I have worked in Many worked in many corporate environments and I can truly say that keith is the best manager a person can work for and is an exemplar of how a Head Manager should be. Being new to over the phone client interactions, not only way Keith super patient but has actually trained me in a way that has made me confident in answering the phone and speaking to people, which is a life skill that I will carry on with me in the outside world. Overall, I would say it would be a great and beneficial opportunity to work alongside Keith Corder and in Citizens debt relief as a whole.

Cons

In the time I have worked here, None for this company

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Career Opportunity

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Base Salary, plus uncapped commissions. Centralized location in Midtown Free Friday Lunch feasts from some of the best restaurants in Manhattan State of the Art Sales Floor

Cons

Not very flexible with WFH hours

7. 5.0

Work Life Balance ++

Jul 19, 2022 - Financial Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work life balance is perfect. There is no emphasis on bringing work home with you. If you want to earn extra commission you can choose to stay late/take calls on the weekend. Employees are a good group of people that work hard but also know how to keep things light. The mentality of the employees and supervisors allow for a low pressure but healthy competitive environment. From my experience, everyone wants to see each other do well and it helps to keep the overall office motivated. Well compensated for effort and additional earned days off for good performance. Autonomy over your own work day.

Cons

Emphasis on work in office - WFH opportunities are limited

8. 3.0

Complicated

Apr 15, 2022 - Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO's go to great lengths to keep their employees happy and encouraged to keep working. Happy hours, office beer fridge, foosball, weekly lunches.

Cons

The CEO's go to great lengths to keep everyone happy so that the company can keep progressing at a pace that seemingly mostly benefitted them and their investors. It was incredibly difficult to make a commission and then even more difficult to get paid on time for said commission. As a consistent top closer I rarely made anything worth mentioning in commissions while consistently being at the top of the board, If you think you're cut out to cold call- you'll be a great asset closing deals for your CEO's who will definitely feed you on Friday If not you will be placed in a position where you might be swindling someone who thinks they're calling about medical benefits in excess of 55000 dollars. ** IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU EARN FOR THE COMPANY THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT HOW THEY LOOK WITH THEIR INVESTORS***

9. 5.0

Very Straightforward. Awesome company for a career in sales

Jul 19, 2022 - Senior Financial Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible work schedule -Good compensation -Fun work environment -Happy hours, lunch on Fridays, summer Fridays

Cons

If you work hard you will reap the benefits. I am personally very happy with the direction the company is going. They are growing fast and because of that there are regular changes to workflow that can at times be more to manage.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Jul 7, 2022 - Vice President of Servicing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, the ability to work from home when necessary. The teams work really well together. Great Senior management team, they listen and work to resolve issues. Co-founders are dedicated to growth and quality.

Cons

There are some growing pains in a very competitive market.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Work Environment Would Highly Recommend

Apr 4, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is great, very affable and highly positive, as well as are the people, employees and management alike. Managers are all highly transparent and easily accessible as well as very accommodating and understanding.

Cons

At times work flow and company structure/policy can seem inconsistent however it is a new company so that’s something that should dissipate along with growing pains.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews
</>Embed

Citizens Debt Relief Reviews FAQs

Citizens Debt Relief has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 19 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Citizens Debt Relief to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Citizens Debt Relief employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Citizens Debt Relief. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

94% of Citizens Debt Relief employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Citizens Debt Relief 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Citizens Debt Relief to be benefits, culture, management and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, work life balance.