Citizens Energy Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Linux/Storage Engineer"

Former Employee - Linux/Storage Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Linux/Storage Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Citizens Energy Group full-time

Pros

Salary was nice, with good bonuses. Fortunately when the top received bonus, it worked down to all employees.

Good team

Benefits

Cons

Poor mgmt choices. Still a good ol' boys club, even if they attempt to diversify. Work load often exceeded employee FTE count.

Advice to Management

Greed does not equate to success. Work with employees vs. telling he/she what to do. Dictatorship is not the way to go.

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Citizens Energy Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Decent benefits. Priority in repairing water and gas facilities.

Cons

Company is gearing more into public appearance rather than fix internal issues. Too much cut backs within department.

"Capital Project Management Reporting Analyst"

Former Employee - Capital Project Management Reporting Analyst in Whiteland, IN
    Former Employee - Capital Project Management Reporting Analyst in Whiteland, IN

I worked at Citizens Energy Group (More than a year)

Pros

You are given freedom to perform your job function. There is no micromanagement.

Cons

It is a very engineering oriented organization. From my perspective finance had little respect.

"Apples and Oranges"

Former Employee - Senior Level Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Level Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Citizens Energy Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very customer driven company, awesome peer atmosphere. Lots of OT available and money opportunities. Awesome benefits package! Enjoyed the bonus yearly!

Cons

Very very very very tough work environment. Customers from all different paths driven by citizens culture views... No growth

Advice to Management

Show the same empathy towards your call center reps. Favorites run big at this company! Also award hard work the right way

"Does not Value Employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Citizens Energy Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady pay check, you know what your check will be every 2 weeks.

Cons

Citizens claims to value thier employees however they would rather hire a call center full of part-time employees to avoid paying insurance , the part time shifts are awful it's impossible to work a second job. They also have temp who have been there 6 to 9 months and have not offered them a permanent position.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap and make more reps full-time.

"I once though AT&T was a bad employer but Citizens Energy Group takes the cake."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Citizens Energy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my coworkers

Cons

I hated this job after 6 months of but stayed YEARS and never managed to make it out the customer service dept. This company has no real room for advancement unless you are a family member of someone in management or higher up. There is a very high turn over rate and temps funnel in and out. You will be made to work over time against you will or be wrote up if not.This place is terrible.

"Overall Positive Company"

Current Employee - Gas Control Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Gas Control Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Citizens Energy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company cares about you helping the community. Each boss has a lot of influence over their individual group, which when you have a good boss can be great. Overall compensation is right around market given years of experience.

Cons

It's a utility so career advancement is difficult due to the fact that so many people stay and retire here. It's great for the company, but can hinder individual career advancement.

Advice to Management

Find ways to offer more career growth for individuals that desire it. Overall the work-life balance is great, and the benefits are on par with the market.

"Great customer service experience and has been a great place to start building resume."

Current Employee - Custer Service Provider in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Custer Service Provider in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Citizens Energy Group full-time

Pros

If you show up every day on time and are engaged in training and learning about the company, everything is very simple and the trainers will make you succeed. Great working environment with tons of support.

Cons

Hired through a temp agency so there are not any short term perks to working here. Very strict with break times and start times. If you are have a Bachlor's degree you will be the most qualified and seem out of place at times.

Advice to Management

Awesome trainers, but the supervisors seem to be a little out of touch once training is finished.

9. "Responsibility for all aspects of security for Enterprise Network (IT) and ICS/SCADA network (OT)"

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Citizens Energy Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although very new, I am excited about the growing emphasis and attention to security.

Cons

Slow-moving process to execute new initiatives.

Advice to Management

Let it be known that we are embracing security at all levels and "It's not broken" is insufficient given the new paradigms of threats.

"I think he could effect more change. We could be leaders in the industry or "examples" in the city. We are neither."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

It's a stable company because it is a utlity company.

Cons

People stay at the company forever so there are not many opportunities for advancement. And because people stay there forever, ideas are stale and change is difficult.

Advice to Management

Upper management has the idea that employees should feel lucky to work for Citizens Gas. But it should be the other way around - management should feel privileged that the employees have chosen to work for Citizens Gas.