Citizens Property Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Barry Gilway

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, flex schedule available, current technologies and some really talented people (in 16 reviews)

• I had an incredible manager who was very supportive of a work-life balance and very excited to offer me opportunities to benefit my development (in 8 reviews)

1. "No Complaints"

Current Employee - IT Support in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Support in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid benefits plan - Excellent work atmosphere (been here going on 13 years)

Cons

They've implemented Agile/Kanban across the infrastructure teams and it just doesnt work. Too many managers have no backbone and are the stereotypical "yes men/women"

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance, 8% matching retirement, flex hours, and good management

Cons

Too much of the company is located in Jacksonville

Advice to Management

Continue to with current corporate culture

3. "Engaged Employees Achieving an Important Mission"

Current Employee - Happy Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Happy Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under the leadership of the CEO, executive leaders, and senior leaders, staff are empowered to achieve the important mission of the company: to serve the policy holders.

The company conducts employee engagement surveys and takes engagement action planning seriously. There are many other avenues for staff to help shape the collaborative culture of the organization, including participating on any one of the numerous employee committees. Staff are rewarded for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, a robust retirement match, and employee recognition programs and events. It's a fun environment in which to work with events like pet photo contests, employee appreciation week, and honoring veteran workers. Along with all that, there's a lot of hard work getting done and great accomplishments being achieved.

The staff work collaboratively and cooperatively together to provide a high level of customer service for the policy holders and other stakeholders. A relentless focus on innovation and continuous improvement means that there are many challenging projects to get involved with, including implementing Agile enterprise-wide. A lot of really, really smart and dedicated people work at Citizens.

Other pluses include alternate work arrangement, a reasonable work-life balance, no state income tax, and a Florida climate with swaying palms and beautiful beaches nearby.

Cons

There are no cons unless you don't like to work hard in a fun and rewarding team-oriented environment with a sense of purpose and duty to the policy holders. Take some of the "cons" in the other reviews with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive service excellence as a core competency, seek out top talent, and nurture Citizens as an employer of choice.

4. "Intermediate Devloper"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for no growth. Good for standard income, best benefits etc..

Cons

There is really no growth. Even you apply for higher position, for technical interview, the questions asked in the interview are dumb book reading questions no logical question and person just typing on computer. And the guy didn’t ask in which part you are expertise or how much you know this product and questions are not related to anything I am working. They know what I am working. I got irritated for book reading question not technical not logical. My manager and my team members interviewed. ( I am not sure how citizens allowed this type of interviews) .

Advice to Management

Please check interview panel people need to ask questions which are not book reading question.

"Claims"

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time

Pros

Learning opportunity and benefits offered

Cons

Changes by management that do not make sense

6. "Claims"

I worked at Citizens Property Insurance full-time

Pros

people can be ok, just don't trust anyone

Cons

everything. management is poor and unprofessional

Advice to Management

none

7. "Great benefits, changing landscape"

Pros

Great benefits, flex schedule available, current technologies and some really talented people. Management cares about the employee experience, making efforts to improve communication and show their appreciation.

Cons

Significant changes to management strategies take place every few years, throwing the teams into disarray. Advancement does not always come from merit, but sometimes by being the "last man (or woman) standing I a department.

8. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company truly is transparent, and is always looking for new and creative ways to engage employees.

Cons

It can be overwhelming when it comes to expectations, and sometimes the work life balance isn't really there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, hear what they are saying. Set expectations that are realistic. We all realize that there may be a time when we work longer hours, that is expected. But to do it on a regular basis is not.

9. "Ehhhh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Citizens Property Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers were awesome and I loved my job duties.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you "know" someone. Expect to be at the same place you started for years, and years and YEARS.

Advice to Management

Stop sitting around gossiping about your personnel and actually get to know them.

10. "Nasty business"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Easy work load and lots of idle time?

Cons

Business people are nasty an unappreciative of IT. I get bullied and threatened on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Verify what your middle manager are saying.