Citizens Employee Reviews about "good benefits"
70% would recommend to a friend
(353 total reviews)
Bruce Van Saun
83% approve of CEO
Found 353 of over 4K reviews
Updated Dec 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good but have been cut since RBS' desire to spin off the bank" (in 389 reviews)
- "Citizens has a lot of really great people who are dedicated to what they do on a daily basis." (in 235 reviews)
- "good pay depending on who hires you and what region you work in" (in 169 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 131 reviews)
- "It also feels great to help my colleagues and team when we have a real challenge to overcome." (in 105 reviews)
- "Management is hired in without ANY banking experience resulting in poor management." (in 165 reviews)
- "Poor upper management and disorganized retail structure." (in 113 reviews)
- "You must get a good manager and department to succeed." (in 103 reviews)
- "No bonus below Vice President" (in 48 reviews)
- "Long hours and a lot of red tape with risk / cyber groups to implement anything" (in 44 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Citizens and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 8, 2013Personal BankerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearToledo, OH
Great health care benefits and also good comp for managers
Banking products and systems are 2nd tier. Not even close to the competition.
- 4.0May 2, 2022Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrving, TX
good benefits and hours pto
low pay for entry levelCitizens Response2y
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying our amazing benefits and PTO. Thanks for all you do!
- 3.0Nov 22, 2013Bank TellerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
they provided good benefits to me as a part time and full time employee
there was constant pressure to reach your sales goals.
- 3.0Oct 27, 2015Senior Personal BankerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsProvidence, RI
Benefit package is good and the customers make it .Instore has endless possibilities so sales can be easy to achieve
Incentive pay is horrible , surveys for customer service are bogus, especially ATM down we get bad scores very very stressful at times . Staffing is bad bankers are expected to be tellers for 9.5 hours a day.
- 4.0Oct 13, 2021ManagerFormer Employee
Benefits were very good and affordable
Retail employees at the branch level are underpaidCitizens Response3y
Thank you for the great review and for helping us serve our customers! We're sorry that you've moved on, but wish you much happiness and success in your career. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
- 1.0Jan 11, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Compensation is decent Benefits are good but have been cut since RBS' desire to spin off the bank Paid Time Off is better than most, but again, has been cut recently to be more 'market aligned/competitive'
Absolutely horrid sales culture. "Sell more, sell deeper and sell more often". Every employee is a number and are replaceable. Unqualified simpletons are promoted quickly and demoted even faster. Heavily micromanaged to a point of complete lunacy. Unbelievable turnover and short staffing in branches. Limited promotions, regardless of what upper management preaches. Interdepartmental communication is terrible and incentive group will usually find a way to slash your bonus. Branch Managers are now expected to work 50+ hours a week. If you like being heavily criticized and asked to do things you do not agree with then this might be the bank for you.3
- 5.0Sep 22, 2023TellerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRichboro, PA
Really good benefits and people to work with
Nothing much besides audits and checkinsCitizens Response3mo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate all your hard work and appreciate your feedback!
- 4.0May 22, 2023Bank TellerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCleveland, OH
I feel they have good benefits and seem to give raises to match what other banks are paying
Need to let people be able to move to other branches if they want toCitizens Response7mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you're enjoying your time here! Thanks for all you do!
- 2.0Feb 22, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Health benefits were good and affordable. Severance package was decent.
So many dysfunctional areas: - CFO as leader = no vision, always trying to manage quarterly earnings by cutting people. - constant management by crisis (MUST HAVE [ ] BY YESTERDAY). Creates constant and unnecessary stress. My group was reorganized 3 times in last 2 years at firm. - firm controlled by handful of people jealously guarding their fiefdoms. Some are talented, others are not. Moving across fiefdoms to find opportunities is challenging (trying to be kind). - Onboarding was completely a mess - no email for a week. No phone for a couple of days, no corporate credit card for 2 months. I had to work through my personal email, on my cell phone, and with my personal credit card for a long time. Then was subject to internal audit review for having used personal card for business expenses. - Company now has a policy to block employees from giving recommendations to prior employees. Amazing - so your former boss can't give you a few good words on LinkedIn? Ever hear of common decency?1