Citizens Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 10, 2021

3.6
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,052 Ratings
Pros
  • "But they still try to respect your work life balance(in 136 reviews)

• "They have a good benefits program(in 136 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be heavily focused on sales goals(in 122 reviews)

• "Upper management not really making their minds up about what they want(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Citizens and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Never had a bad experience

Aug 8, 2019 - Relationship Banker in Elizabethtown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is twice what I was making at Santander , branch environment is awesome, some of my best friends are from work, management helps you grow within your career, incentive plan for bonus’s are easy to obtain, upper management knows you by name

Cons

Turnover, leaves branches always short staffed, seems like the training process is 6 months

Project Manager

Thanks for such a shining review! We're so happy to hear you are growing with us at Citizens Bank, and that you've become close to your team. Keep up the amazing work!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good, not great

Nov 29, 2020 - Branch Manager in Canton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management is friendly and cares. Work hours are great. Lots of great benefits

Cons

Pay raises are ridiculously low, technology needs lots of improvement, not a ton of structure or training

Citizens Response

Thanks for over 5 years of service with us! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our flexible work hours and benefits. Did you know that between our Development Weeks and webinars, colleagues completed more than 432,000 hours of development in 2019! We also wanted to share that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company - for customers and colleagues.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad place to work at all

Oct 25, 2020 - Licensed Banker in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-the training process really helped to get you a good foundation -upper management was great and very hands on -always offered regional fun quarterly activities to celebrate stuff

Cons

-Level of training and help from branch management varied. Some branches were great to work at others made you hate going to work everyday -the consistency of work environment and culture was different branch to branch

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review. We're happy you chose Citizens Bank to grow your career. Best of luck in your next opportunity — we're cheering for you!

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dependent on your branch

Jan 10, 2021 - Banker in Manchester, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-higher pay -good commission based on sales

Cons

-high sales goals -technology issues and lack of upper management support -experience entirely dependent on location

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review! We're looking to make our technology even better in early 2021 by making a massive investment in our digital capabilities as a bank, so stay tuned for improvements that create even better experiences for both customers and colleagues. We're lucky to have such an amazing colleague like yourself aboard. Keep up the great work!

5. 4.0

Good people

Nov 10, 2020 - Small Business Banker in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good branch management great coworkers

Cons

Horrible upper management and favorites.

Citizens Response

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Citizens. The people you work with make all the difference...and we have some amazing colleagues, if we do say so. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Sales in a Slowly Dying Industry

Aug 5, 2020 - Branch Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO + Vacation Work/Life Balance Decent place to work without requiring degree High Turnover creates quick path upward Typically fast pace if you are a good manager Opportunity to grow colleagues and coach 1 on 1

Cons

Customers given incentive to do all account openings online by the same company micro-managing your daily sales. Retail Banking slowly dying therefore pressure keeps mounting with less and less opportunity. High Turnover creates instability and burnout Very disorganized with new initiatives - Flavor of the Week Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like Pulled in 100 different directions everyday

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

Awful

Nov 5, 2020 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits and pay are the only ones

Cons

The worst technology and upper management you will see anywhere. Systems straight from the 1980's which follows the overall feel of the bank. Awful remote desktop with issues every other day. 500mb mail box maximum. 3-4 major reorgs every year with people literally being treated as plugs. When you enter the cfg system they literally move you around wherever they want. No direction and forward thinking here. They are trying to bring in as many people from outside banks as they can because no one at CFG can actually think for themselves. No ownership of anything taken.

3 people found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us. Know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company. We encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 so that we can look into your concerns.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Reporting is most important factor in this job

Nov 13, 2020 - Licensed Banker in Portsmouth, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with in my branch

Cons

Upper management is disconnected and only reviewing sales reports

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the people you worked with, it really is such an important part of the job! A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not the best place to work

Oct 9, 2020 - Senior Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Opportunities to grow, good training

Cons

Unless you are OK with harassing people with phone calls and sales, this is NOT the job for you. Upper Management breath down your neck all the time if you dont sell your soul. Branch located inside stores have long and late hours with no sundays off.

1 person found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. This is certainly not the type of culture that we support. Please consider contacting the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call us anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 to share more information about what you experienced.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Solid company with opportunity to improve

Dec 23, 2019 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

They promote within when appropriate. They care about their colleagues and upper management is very visible and ready to help. They have great promotions and create an exciting environment to work in.

Cons

Way too focused on checking accounts. They are important but they make you feel like nothing matters if you don't hit your checking goal. They push it so much that most new accounts turnover quickly because they are not quality. Also, Instores should close just like the rest of the traditional branches and consolidate them..way too many branches, its inifficient. The general public does not need 7 day in person banking. It's almost 2020.

Project Manager

Thanks for posting a review, and for your over 8 years with us! We appreciate the thoughtfulness of your feedback. Know that a ton of research goes into the setting of sales-related goals, like checking accounts. The majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. Additionally, we're actively preparing for the future of banking and adapting to customers' rapidly changing needs through our Branch Network Transformation initiative. Keep up the amazing work going into 2020 — we hope you had a lovely time during the holidays!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews