Citizens Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

3.6
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,052 Ratings
Pros
  • "But they still try to respect your work life balance(in 136 reviews)

• "They have a good benefits program(in 136 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be heavily focused on sales goals(in 122 reviews)

• "Upper management not really making their minds up about what they want(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Citizens and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Treasury

Sep 29, 2020 - Senior Treasury Analyst in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance here

Cons

If you want to work at a regional bank, this is a great place

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you enjoy the work life balance that Citizens offers! It's our goal to help you be your best, in all aspects of your life!

2. 4.0

They keep you busy

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

You don't have time to get bored. But they still try to respect your work life balance

Cons

Seem to be a bit understaffed based on the amount of work being sent our way. Many deadlines set by people who don't have to meet them.

Continue reading

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us and appreciate the work life balance — it really is such an important part of the job. We're happy to have you on our team!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 15, 2021 - Reporting and Analytics Analyst in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are very nice, always helpful. Leadership is always open to thoughts and suggestions. Great work life balance.

Cons

Working from home is not an option when we are not following state mandated covid protocols.

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. We're lucky to have you on our team!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 17, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits - Decent pay - Flexibility - Work life balance - Diversity and inclusiom

Cons

- Stressful - less opportunities - hard to grow within the company - Rarely gives raises

Continue reading

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for over 3 years of working with us! At Citizens, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and strive to create an environment of equality. It's why so many colleagues participate in one more of our 6 business resource groups. We're happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good

Jan 13, 2021 - Portfolio Manager in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A Great work life balance

Cons

No room for growth opportunity

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for over 5 years of service with us! We completely agree that Citizens offers a great work life balance! Also know that we are extremely focused on colleague development. From our semi-annual development weeks - where we offer webinars, trainings and skill-building - to hands-on training, colleagues completed more than 432,000 hours of development in 2019. Thanks for being a part of our team!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Jan 9, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

work/life balance great benefits reasonable pay very diverse great training

Cons

in store hours are long

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad you appreciated our benefits — keeping our colleagues safe, healthy and energized is key for us. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Rotational Leadership Development Program

Jan 4, 2021 - Consumer Banking Leadership Program in Dedham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, culture, colleagues

Cons

Bonus structure, technology, pace of change

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you enjoy the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. Know that we're making a massive investment in our digital capabilities as a bank, so stay tuned for improvements that create even better experiences for both customers and colleagues. Thank you for the great work — we're lucky to have you!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company Culture

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Compliance Advisor in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Many opportunities for advancement. Training and education is encouraged and supported. Flexibility for a work/life balance

Cons

Some areas areas are behind on innovation and technology. While some are advanced and converting to digital.

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for over 10 years of service with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working for us and appreciated the many opportunities for advancement! Also, know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Dec 3, 2020 - Portfolio Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Hardo free

Cons

Bad systems and rigid org structure

1 person found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us and appreciate the work life balance — it really is such an important part of the job. Also, know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company. We're happy to have you on our team!

10. 4.0

Good job

Dec 8, 2020 - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Work life balance

Cons

Cut a lot of banker jobs

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. We're lucky to have you on our team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 219 Reviews